Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 05:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hey

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
Thanks to Hitcharide, I found myself working on a MRP Pro 180. It has to be at least 20 years since I last had one. First I had to round up some SAE tools, just a few as this has to have been the easiest R/C car ever to work on, so simple. I wonder how we could have gotten away from this simple joy to racing the very complex cars of today? I'd bet the same drivers would be winning any how, maybe we'd all be richer.

Dam it! It happened just that fast, in no time I'm flashing back to the evil side of the MRP. I was being careful, yet the clutch E-clip took off and hide. Rats! I hate those things! Well over the years I have developed a very keen eye for finding small things, plus I had just swept the floor. Armed with a super LED light (didn't have those back then), I figured that E-chip didn't have a chance. After 20 minutes on hands and knees, I give up. All I found was how bad of a job I did sweeping.

So I have all sorts of X-ray, WRC, Mugen, Ass., and Motonica clips laying around, I'll show that e-chip, I'll replace it with a new metric chip! Not so easy. Every little mm chip I have seems so big now!

Back in the day, it seemed as if once you gave up, the E-clip would show itself. So I'm pretending to have given up!
Stop losing parts. Don't have a lot of MRP spares, ya know.

May God bless us, one and all, on this Thanksgiving. My best wishes and prayers to everyone, and if you're travelling, drive safely......
Old 11-28-2013, 07:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks to Hitcharide, I found myself working on a MRP Pro 180. It has to be at least 20 years since I last had one. First I had to round up some SAE tools, just a few as this has to have been the easiest R/C car ever to work on, so simple. I wonder how we could have gotten away from this simple joy to racing the very complex cars of today? I'd bet the same drivers would be winning any how, maybe we'd all be richer.

Dam it! It happened just that fast, in no time I'm flashing back to the evil side of the MRP. I was being careful, yet the clutch E-clip took off and hide. Rats! I hate those things! Well over the years I have developed a very keen eye for finding small things, plus I had just swept the floor. Armed with a super LED light (didn't have those back then), I figured that E-chip didn't have a chance. After 20 minutes on hands and knees, I give up. All I found was how bad of a job I did sweeping.

So I have all sorts of X-ray, WRC, Mugen, Ass., and Motonica clips laying around, I'll show that e-chip, I'll replace it with a new metric chip! Not so easy. Every little mm chip I have seems so big now!

Back in the day, it seemed as if once you gave up, the E-clip would show itself. So I'm pretending to have given up!
it's using my supply theory, if you had 10 of them it would have landed in front of you, only 1 and off it goes
Old 11-28-2013, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

Default Still works!

I got it! The "White Flag" plan still works. So I was putting on my Adidas pants (one leg at a time), while checking the pockets for money, guess what I found. I can't even guess as to how it made it there. Joe, you are 100% right. I've seen that way to many times.

Not to worry Phil, running to the store on Black Friday for maybe 100 more! thus kicking in Joe's plan. "NOTHING CAN POSSIBLY GO WRONG!"

THANK-YOU all for the support!
Old 12-02-2013, 01:30 PM
Tech Regular

Default Pan Car

Does anyone know if there is a pan car on VRC? I think we need one.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Does anyone know if there is a pan car on VRC? I think we need one.
I set a 1/10Nt up with lots of under drive and freewheel up front.

To answer your question, no there aren't any pan car in VRC...
Old 12-02-2013, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Delta-1-8-on...vip=true&rt=nc
Hey Phil...maybe time to unload some Deltas?.....This guy got PAID...
Old 12-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Tech Addict

EVO kits have now shipped to all preorder customers via US Priority Mail so you should have your gear this week! Thanks again to all the new customers and for everyone's support!

The new kit looks pretty cool and is entirely blacked out, including the aluminum parts and even the composite main chassis. I packed my EVO for Florida and will be building it during the race week. Updates to come!

There are only a few remaining kits in stock and some may sell this week at Kissimmee so I would suggest placing an order ASAP if you are planing to get a kit.

-Jason
Old 12-03-2013, 10:27 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up In the Dark

Originally Posted by MrHistory
EVO kits have now shipped to all preorder customers via US Priority Mail so you should have your gear this week! Thanks again to all the new customers and for everyone's support!

The new kit looks pretty cool and is entirely blacked out, including the aluminum parts and even the composite main chassis. I packed my EVO for Florida and will be building it during the race week. Updates to come!

There are only a few remaining kits in stock and some may sell this week at Kissimmee so I would suggest placing an order ASAP if you are planing to get a kit.

-Jason
Well done Jason! There should be some happy pan racers out there. If it's blacked out, don't build it in the dark. Have a great time in Florida!
Old 12-04-2013, 04:10 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks Lon
Good tip. I will build in the sun. Wont loose so many parts that way.

Should be fun here in FLA. Was starting to get cabin fever already and it hasn't even snowed yet.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

C'mon....JOE P post some pics....
Old 12-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

This top secret post is for Mtaylor.

Dude - get off the porch or out of the basement. Joe and I will be running F-1 this Sunday 12/8 and 12/22. See if you can find your stuff and make it out. Thanks
Old 12-05-2013, 03:41 AM
Tech Master

Wow!! Looking good!!
Old 12-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Taylorm

C'mon....JOE P post some pics....
pics, did the red bull designer
post pics ? LOL guess the diff is they win races. will do very soon just too get phil goinggreat too hear from the hamer man.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 5italkart
pics, did the red bull designer
post pics ? LOL guess the diff is they win races. will do very soon just too get phil goinggreat too hear from the hamer man.
...........someone has to run 2nd to the ringers....

what?...chassis to big???......... : )

Last edited by Taylorm; 12-05-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Matt, Is that your 3-port crank holding everything down?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.