Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Oh really....

Originally Posted by Taylorm
.how do you not set a gear diff properly???.........Or is the idiot going to take the 5TH again?......
This from the guy who has yet to finish AHEAD of me, pan OR 4wd. Hmmmm. Yeah, that's right, I went there. And if you're running pan next club race, I believe you'll be running against Jon, which should be....interesting....

To Racer034life, we've got a club race in Toledo (last of the year I believe) on the 22nd, then a Midwest race in Dayton the following weekend. Both should have excellent turnout, especially in pan. If some former Associated driver should run, you'll see three scratch built pans alongside factory models, and I believe we're the only place in the U.S. with people building and racing what they made themselves. Toledo club puts on a good event, especially at the club level, and you're more than welcome to come see what we're doing.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
No, he bent it, but that's not what pulled it from competition. It was still driveable as regards the front end, and two minutes with a hammer fixes that prob anyhow. Aluminum, my boy, aluminum.

The pinion in the diff wasn't engaging the spur properly, allowing it to disengage. Tom just got done rebuilding it (and showing me where I went wrong at the same time) so it's good to go.

If Jon is willing, he's driving the beast at the last club race...maybe give Joe T. a little competition. I also noticed some other guy running a pan in between heats, looked VERY fast. Got a sneaking feeling that person may run pan at the last club race.

As for you, Lon, I still don't see a problem. I've got some Losi tire glue, we can glue your trigger finger to the transmitter so you can run with us. And you can soak the hand and transmitter overnight in acetone to get it back off, so no problem there either.
If I break a pipe or bend a pipe over your head, you most likely won't like either one to much!! Jon has been very helpful to us, he's very sharp and will push it for all it's worth, GOOD LUCK!
Old 09-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Smile

... If some former Associated driver should run, you'll see three scratch built pans alongside factory models, and I believe we're the only place in the U.S. with people building and racing what they made themselves.
I think this is a GREAT deal. And a real reminder of what the Hobby used to be like.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hmm

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
If I break a pipe or bend a pipe over your head, you most likely won't like either one to much!! Jon has been very helpful to us, he's very sharp and will push it for all it's worth, GOOD LUCK!
I was just saying that to myself earlier today. I said, "Self?" and self said "huh?" "I really need a pipe bent over my head." Jon gave us some good ideas towards the final version of the prototype, some of which we'll try to get done prior to the club race. With only a few months to go until we go into production, we need to wrap up the loose ends....and stop making stupid mistakes!
Old 09-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Default Hope you can make it!

Originally Posted by racer034life
I am highly interested in this class! Anyone in the Ohio area running this class?
If you can get to Toledo, Look me up. I can show you around the Motonica and WRC cars.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Cool I just got back into the hobby and this year I'll be racing usgt, and 17.5 touring car. But I want to try nitro racing as I use to fly nitro rc helicopters. So when is there next race so I can go watch?
.........Last club race in Toledo is September 22nd......
Old 09-10-2013, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

This from the guy who has yet to finish AHEAD of me, pan OR 4wd. Hmmmm. Yeah, that's right, I went there. And if you're running pan next club race, I believe you'll be running against Jon, which should be....interesting....

To Racer034life, we've got a club race in Toledo (last of the year I believe) on the 22nd, then a Midwest race in Dayton the following weekend. Both should have excellent turnout, especially in pan. If some former Associated driver should run, you'll see three scratch built pans alongside factory models, and I believe we're the only place in the U.S. with people building and racing what they made themselves. Toledo club puts on a good event, especially at the club level, and you're more than welcome to come see what we're doing.
.............don't worry.....no chance of that happening last race......Pan has been dissected into many small parts on the bench......Davis called me insane.........so that demands a redesign ...maybe kidnap Davis and lock him in my basement with his mill till he emerges with FrankenMatt 2.0.........thought I could make chassis drivable......thought wrong.............new chassis stiffer with pivoting front end like all the cheater "pan" cars.........pictures to follow......and oh yeah...you'll break 20 some century.......just maybe not this one..........
Old 09-11-2013, 05:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

What companys are making cars? I have seen a few custom serpents I like and I'm liking the sprint rc and the arc car also.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:34 AM
Tech Master

What companys are making cars? I have seen a few custom serpents I like and I'm liking the sprint rc and the arc car also.
http://www.wrc-racing.com/?lang=en
http://www.motonica.com/en/products/P8C-EXT-2_2
http://www.mantuamodel.com/index.php...pid&Itemid=106 If you have deep pockets...
Don't know if the Sprint RC was ever actually available...
Old 09-11-2013, 05:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

I like all the kits the WRC car looks great hope the offer some aftermarket parts for the car. Also is there a way to turn a old serpent chassis into a 1/8 pan car. Feel like someone should make a conversion kit.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:54 AM
Tech Addict

Default Hm

Fyi, BC/RC will be producing a pan car, available for sale in January 2014.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:00 AM
Tech Addict

Default Heh

Originally Posted by Taylorm
.............don't worry.....no chance of that happening last race......Pan has been dissected into many small parts on the bench......Davis called me insane.........so that demands a redesign ...maybe kidnap Davis and lock him in my basement with his mill till he emerges with FrankenMatt 2.0.........thought I could make chassis drivable......thought wrong.............new chassis stiffer with pivoting front end like all the cheater "pan" cars.........pictures to follow......and oh yeah...you'll break 20 some century.......just maybe not this one..........
Probably just as well, if I were driving I wouldn't stand a chance either, not with the laps he was laying down. Hell, HE'S the one that should be producing pan car kits. And I'll break 20 next club race, provided I can get Rick to loan me a 15t pinion....probably won't break it by much, but it will happen.

Uh...Rick....by the way...could you loan me a 15t pinion?? Yeah, I know, there were two of them in that clutch stuff I bought from you, but funny thing....I can't find the stuff....
Old 09-11-2013, 07:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

BC/RC who are they? Also what do you all feel about the WRC evo pan car? P.s I put in a vacation day for the 22nd and the 23rd. So I will be at the next race and I'll bring my wallet also...LoL
Old 09-11-2013, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Probably just as well, if I were driving I wouldn't stand a chance either, not with the laps he was laying down. Hell, HE'S the one that should be producing pan car kits. And I'll break 20 next club race, provided I can get Rick to loan me a 15t pinion....probably won't break it by much, but it will happen.

Uh...Rick....by the way...could you loan me a 15t pinion?? Yeah, I know, there were two of them in that clutch stuff I bought from you, but funny thing....I can't find the stuff....
...I may have a 15...gotta dig in the box......
Old 09-11-2013, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

Default Lol

BC/RC who are they? Also what do you all feel about the WRC evo pan car? P.s I put in a vacation day for the 22nd and the 23rd. So I will be at the next race and I'll bring my wallet also...LoL
BC/RC is Tom and I (Phil), we've been working on a prototype all year and are going into production soon with a pan car of our design. We started building it strictly as a hobby/modeller kind of thing, but with more and more talk about pan, plus a shortage of manufacturers (and none at all in the US) we decided to develop and build a pan car. Our two biggest advantages over the others will be durability and interchangability.

The WRC seems to be a pretty good platform, highly manueverable, easy to set up, and is definitely a professional class pan car. It seems to have good tech and parts support, and a lot of guys getting into pan are getting that car. If you are looking to buy something right now, I'd have to recommend you buy a WRC, and if you attend a race, you should certainly be able to not only view one but talk to a driver or two that can give you more details.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.