Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Speedypeterb
yeah wayne your going to have to find the long way around bobby's semi truck if you need a clean run to the pits bobby will open the way for you
i'm on the phone with bobby now
Old 09-14-2009, 12:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi, I drove my 733 yesterday and have great fun. But after I played for 3 hours, and on the 12th tank of nitro, when I was braking at the end of the straight race track, it sudden stopped with funny sound. So I stopped, ran and see what is happening, found out the 1st gear (60) was completely gone and the one-way couldn't move at all. After checking, I found the one way bearing burnt out and took me almost 3 hour to broke them apart, found the inside structure of the one-way bearing is made of plastic???... no wonder it burnt out.

Questions:
1. Is all one-way bearing come in with plastic inside structure??
2. If not, if any competable one-way have better structure, please advise.

Other than this issue, this is a good car and I have great fun with it, only thing is the one-way bearing is keeping me worry now.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-imag0742.jpg  
Old 09-14-2009, 12:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

one more picture from a scanner, hope this is more clear...
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-one-way-bearing.jpg  
Old 09-14-2009, 02:58 AM
Tech Initiate

I have the same issues with the one-way bearings on my 720'08. My first one-way carrier lasted for more than a season. My second and third just for three races and my 4th didn't even finish a single day of racing. Contacted my serpent supplier, they told me I was the only one having this issue and said it was just bad luck...I am now looking to get high quality bearings myself and replace the broken ones. But haven't found good wuality bearings jet (with metal internals).
Old 09-14-2009, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

do you guys use one way lube from serpent on these bearings ?
i have never had an issue with them getting stuck like that. if you continually have problems, then maybe not enough end play in the 2 speed shaft, and things bind and get hot ? on the 08 720, the end play is quickly adjusted by the side pulley grub screw. on the 733, it doesnt have this, and im yet to drive my 733, and its in transit to other side of Australia, so i cant even check to see how one could do it, with out it in front of me.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default FIRST RUN 733

Hi
Well yesterday was my first day driving the new 733 .
After getting my car a few months ago yesterday was my forst day at the track with it with the new tank and all , Novarossi engine in it Xceed tires on it on of we go for the first lap i was amazed ,just the standard setup but with minor changes to my personal liking . First i didnt like the setup to much turn in for our track since there were not much traction ,so i changed the shock setup help a lot but still turning in fast .but overall super car and fast .

Well next sunday is going to be my second run gonna see what happend since our big race is just a few weeks away ..
Old 09-14-2009, 06:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
do you guys use one way lube from serpent on these bearings ?
i have never had an issue with them getting stuck like that. if you continually have problems, then maybe not enough end play in the 2 speed shaft, and things bind and get hot ? on the 08 720, the end play is quickly adjusted by the side pulley grub screw. on the 733, it doesnt have this, and im yet to drive my 733, and its in transit to other side of Australia, so i cant even check to see how one could do it, with out it in front of me.
Yes, I do use the one-way lube. I put one drop of oil on the bearing after each hour of driving. I have some end-play in the 2-speed shaft, so this can't be the problem. The last one I used lost all needles when I pulled it from the axle.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ma_RC_el
I have the same issues with the one-way bearings on my 720'08. My first one-way carrier lasted for more than a season. My second and third just for three races and my 4th didn't even finish a single day of racing. Contacted my serpent supplier, they told me I was the only one having this issue and said it was just bad luck...I am now looking to get high quality bearings myself and replace the broken ones. But haven't found good wuality bearings jet (with metal internals).
I change my one-ways after a season of racing along with the shafts and outdrives that the oneways ride on since these wear also.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Well guys i ran my car the first time this weekend. The performance was out of this world. The car handled fantastic. I was able to put down more power and take the turns faster than my 720. I was able to take the win in all of 6 races at my local track. Check out some pics below and see more here. I will post my starting setup soon
http://www.trinirc.com/gallery/raceday-12-sep-09-action

Old 09-14-2009, 10:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Guys, I'm not intended to complaint, but just wished to know if Serpent could find some better one-way bearing, I think for a one-way like this can't last long. I could remember 15 year ago when I first drove my 1/10 on road and raced for more than 20 mins non stop, the oneway still worked. I still think this 733 could be better with better quality hardwares.... just like the Nova 12t...

I don't think I am overheating the one-way, it should designed to work under such critical temp.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ma_RC_el
Yes, I do use the one-way lube. I put one drop of oil on the bearing after each hour of driving. I have some end-play in the 2-speed shaft, so this can't be the problem. The last one I used lost all needles when I pulled it from the axle.
Team guys here in the US are using Associated Silicone Grease (part number 6636) on that bearing.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DayDAY
Guys, I'm not intended to complaint, but just wished to know if Serpent could find some better one-way bearing, I think for a one-way like this can't last long. I could remember 15 year ago when I first drove my 1/10 on road and raced for more than 20 mins non stop, the oneway still worked. I still think this 733 could be better with better quality hardwares.... just like the Nova 12t...

I don't think I am overheating the one-way, it should designed to work under such critical temp.
do you have add one-way lube ?
Old 09-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DayDAY
Hi, I drove my 733 yesterday and have great fun. But after I played for 3 hours, and on the 12th tank of nitro, when I was braking at the end of the straight race track, it sudden stopped with funny sound. So I stopped, ran and see what is happening, found out the 1st gear (60) was completely gone and the one-way couldn't move at all. After checking, I found the one way bearing burnt out and took me almost 3 hour to broke them apart, found the inside structure of the one-way bearing is made of plastic???... no wonder it burnt out.

Questions:
1. Is all one-way bearing come in with plastic inside structure??
2. If not, if any competable one-way have better structure, please advise.

Other than this issue, this is a good car and I have great fun with it, only thing is the one-way bearing is keeping me worry now.
On this new One way its best to use one way lube. In the past I've seen the one way slip with lube but the new one likes it. I don't think its bad, just new material.

Last edited by quietstorm76; 09-14-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default battery-pack Lipo

HI

battery-pack Lipo

How does a lipo battery , I hear it can break if not charge right after it was use?

a little help and info.

Thanks
Old 09-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
On this new One way its best to use one way lube. In the past I've seen the one way slip with lube but the new one likes it. I don't think its bad, just new material.
Have been running oneways since serpent started using them, I guess. They get dirty and they're precision parts which require frequent services. I reclean mine after 30 ' of run time, sooner if track is really dirty. I do this by cleaning off all external dirt and thoroughy flushing out the interior of the bearing with one-way-oil. Gently, it's a fragile structure, Excess oil is blotted from the openings of the bearing, a drop of oil is placed on the clean shaft, and the unit reassembled. It's spun to ensure the oil is evenly distributed. In over eight years I've had only one failure. Oil is cheaper than bearings.

Last edited by clmbia45; 09-14-2009 at 10:53 PM. Reason: clarity

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.