R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2009, 04:41 PM   #1141
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedypeterb View Post
yeah wayne your going to have to find the long way around bobby's semi truck if you need a clean run to the pits bobby will open the way for you
i'm on the phone with bobby now
p1pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:12 AM   #1142
Tech Apprentice
 
DayDAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 59
Default

Hi, I drove my 733 yesterday and have great fun. But after I played for 3 hours, and on the 12th tank of nitro, when I was braking at the end of the straight race track, it sudden stopped with funny sound. So I stopped, ran and see what is happening, found out the 1st gear (60) was completely gone and the one-way couldn't move at all. After checking, I found the one way bearing burnt out and took me almost 3 hour to broke them apart, found the inside structure of the one-way bearing is made of plastic???... no wonder it burnt out.

Questions:
1. Is all one-way bearing come in with plastic inside structure??
2. If not, if any competable one-way have better structure, please advise.

Other than this issue, this is a good car and I have great fun with it, only thing is the one-way bearing is keeping me worry now.
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-imag0742.jpg  
DayDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:22 AM   #1143
Tech Apprentice
 
DayDAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 59
Default

one more picture from a scanner, hope this is more clear...
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-one-way-bearing.jpg  
DayDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:58 AM   #1144
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 39
Default

I have the same issues with the one-way bearings on my 720'08. My first one-way carrier lasted for more than a season. My second and third just for three races and my 4th didn't even finish a single day of racing. Contacted my serpent supplier, they told me I was the only one having this issue and said it was just bad luck...I am now looking to get high quality bearings myself and replace the broken ones. But haven't found good wuality bearings jet (with metal internals).
ma_RC_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:11 AM   #1145
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

do you guys use one way lube from serpent on these bearings ?
i have never had an issue with them getting stuck like that. if you continually have problems, then maybe not enough end play in the 2 speed shaft, and things bind and get hot ? on the 08 720, the end play is quickly adjusted by the side pulley grub screw. on the 733, it doesnt have this, and im yet to drive my 733, and its in transit to other side of Australia, so i cant even check to see how one could do it, with out it in front of me.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:25 AM   #1146
Tech Apprentice
 
SERPENT CURACAO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Curacao (Caribean)
Posts: 93
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to SERPENT CURACAO
Default FIRST RUN 733

Hi
Well yesterday was my first day driving the new 733 .
After getting my car a few months ago yesterday was my forst day at the track with it with the new tank and all , Novarossi engine in it Xceed tires on it on of we go for the first lap i was amazed ,just the standard setup but with minor changes to my personal liking . First i didnt like the setup to much turn in for our track since there were not much traction ,so i changed the shock setup help a lot but still turning in fast .but overall super car and fast .

Well next sunday is going to be my second run gonna see what happend since our big race is just a few weeks away ..
__________________
IGT8
NOVAROSSI ENGINES
MAXY'S FUEL
MAXY'S MODIFIED ENGINE
SERPENT CURACAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:20 AM   #1147
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
do you guys use one way lube from serpent on these bearings ?
i have never had an issue with them getting stuck like that. if you continually have problems, then maybe not enough end play in the 2 speed shaft, and things bind and get hot ? on the 08 720, the end play is quickly adjusted by the side pulley grub screw. on the 733, it doesnt have this, and im yet to drive my 733, and its in transit to other side of Australia, so i cant even check to see how one could do it, with out it in front of me.
Yes, I do use the one-way lube. I put one drop of oil on the bearing after each hour of driving. I have some end-play in the 2-speed shaft, so this can't be the problem. The last one I used lost all needles when I pulled it from the axle.
ma_RC_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:57 AM   #1148
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 271
Send a message via Yahoo to sheeley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_RC_el View Post
I have the same issues with the one-way bearings on my 720'08. My first one-way carrier lasted for more than a season. My second and third just for three races and my 4th didn't even finish a single day of racing. Contacted my serpent supplier, they told me I was the only one having this issue and said it was just bad luck...I am now looking to get high quality bearings myself and replace the broken ones. But haven't found good wuality bearings jet (with metal internals).
I change my one-ways after a season of racing along with the shafts and outdrives that the oneways ride on since these wear also.
sheeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:04 AM   #1149
Tech Regular
 
spurgear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Trinidad
Posts: 291
Send a message via MSN to spurgear
Default

Well guys i ran my car the first time this weekend. The performance was out of this world. The car handled fantastic. I was able to put down more power and take the turns faster than my 720. I was able to take the win in all of 6 races at my local track. Check out some pics below and see more here. I will post my starting setup soon
http://www.trinirc.com/gallery/raceday-12-sep-09-action




__________________
Serpent 733 trinirc.com
Novarossi Plus 12-3CT Murnan Modified Full Ceramic Edition
Novarossi EFRA 2630 exhaust with medium header
Futaba 3PK HRS with Digital Servos/ JLR Starter Box
East Civic 200mm
spurgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:21 AM   #1150
Tech Apprentice
 
DayDAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 59
Default

Guys, I'm not intended to complaint, but just wished to know if Serpent could find some better one-way bearing, I think for a one-way like this can't last long. I could remember 15 year ago when I first drove my 1/10 on road and raced for more than 20 mins non stop, the oneway still worked. I still think this 733 could be better with better quality hardwares.... just like the Nova 12t...

I don't think I am overheating the one-way, it should designed to work under such critical temp.
DayDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:26 PM   #1151
Tech Master
 
~McSmooth~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,082
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_RC_el View Post
Yes, I do use the one-way lube. I put one drop of oil on the bearing after each hour of driving. I have some end-play in the 2-speed shaft, so this can't be the problem. The last one I used lost all needles when I pulled it from the axle.
Team guys here in the US are using Associated Silicone Grease (part number 6636) on that bearing.
__________________
DeSoto Racing * Franchise * Pro-One * Team Scream * Power Push * Team Ass

Badly influencing a new generation of racers!
~McSmooth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:02 PM   #1152
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayDAY View Post
Guys, I'm not intended to complaint, but just wished to know if Serpent could find some better one-way bearing, I think for a one-way like this can't last long. I could remember 15 year ago when I first drove my 1/10 on road and raced for more than 20 mins non stop, the oneway still worked. I still think this 733 could be better with better quality hardwares.... just like the Nova 12t...

I don't think I am overheating the one-way, it should designed to work under such critical temp.
do you have add one-way lube ?
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:20 PM   #1153
Tech Elite
 
quietstorm76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayDAY View Post
Hi, I drove my 733 yesterday and have great fun. But after I played for 3 hours, and on the 12th tank of nitro, when I was braking at the end of the straight race track, it sudden stopped with funny sound. So I stopped, ran and see what is happening, found out the 1st gear (60) was completely gone and the one-way couldn't move at all. After checking, I found the one way bearing burnt out and took me almost 3 hour to broke them apart, found the inside structure of the one-way bearing is made of plastic???... no wonder it burnt out.

Questions:
1. Is all one-way bearing come in with plastic inside structure??
2. If not, if any competable one-way have better structure, please advise.

Other than this issue, this is a good car and I have great fun with it, only thing is the one-way bearing is keeping me worry now.
On this new One way its best to use one way lube. In the past I've seen the one way slip with lube but the new one likes it. I don't think its bad, just new material.
__________________
Team Shepherd USA:Nugget's Ranch Raceway
Primary Weapon: ?
Secondary Weapon: ?
Tires>>> I don't know yet

Last edited by quietstorm76; 09-14-2009 at 06:31 PM.
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:30 PM   #1154
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: miami
Posts: 228
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default battery-pack Lipo

HI

battery-pack Lipo

How does a lipo battery , I hear it can break if not charge right after it was use?

a little help and info.

Thanks
jjrctech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:50 PM   #1155
Tech Regular
 
clmbia45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstorm76 View Post
On this new One way its best to use one way lube. In the past I've seen the one way slip with lube but the new one likes it. I don't think its bad, just new material.
Have been running oneways since serpent started using them, I guess. They get dirty and they're precision parts which require frequent services. I reclean mine after 30 ' of run time, sooner if track is really dirty. I do this by cleaning off all external dirt and thoroughy flushing out the interior of the bearing with one-way-oil. Gently, it's a fragile structure, Excess oil is blotted from the openings of the bearing, a drop of oil is placed on the clean shaft, and the unit reassembled. It's spun to ensure the oil is evenly distributed. In over eight years I've had only one failure. Oil is cheaper than bearings.

Last edited by clmbia45; 09-14-2009 at 11:53 PM. Reason: clarity
clmbia45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RCMC 1/8, 1/10 Gas Singapore National Series round 3, 23 AUG 2009 backplate Singapore R/C Racers 47 08-27-2009 12:03 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:11 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net