Old 11-26-2003, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

14-tooth-like acceleration without 14 tooth gear sounds good to me
Old 11-26-2003, 11:45 PM
Tech Regular

Location: The Milkyway/Planet Earth/Europe/Sweden/Skåne/Malmö

Hi there!

I'm asking this question here as well..
I have an important question (atleast it's important for my wallet ).
I've got an Impulse PRO upgraded with Centax Clutch and rear belldiffrential. Now my question is, will i have to throw away my Impulse/705 just becuase the 710 will be much better? I'm not a very perfect driver either (YET! ). I don't have the money to buy a 710 but i want to know if i should keep my Impulse or not..
Old 11-27-2003, 12:33 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: I-manual 710

Originally posted by InitialD
Yup, you are right ! I guess Serpent needs to update that. My guess is that the 4 x 4 grub screw (H16) goes directly into the opposite direction of the diff assembly where the E18 screw goes in.

Much like step 3.5 in the 705 manual but then the diff uses a 5 x 5 grub screw.
This is unacceptable shoddy work!!! How can this be?! Hahahaha ... Seriously, anyone got the 710 in their hands yet? I mean people like MS and Julius cannot answer this question.
Old 11-27-2003, 12:53 AM
Tech Regular

the 710 looks even harder to assemble than the 705!!
Also I hve a feeling that the receiver housing will break easily!
But the problem is if aluminum is used, then during side impact, the carbon fiber (where the 2 top screws go in to secure the receiver holder) will break.... so I suppose its better to break the polymer holder than the carbon fiber radio plate...

Anyway, I'hve raised a question earlier but noone seemed to have the answer, so I'll ask again.
What is the characteristics of different belt tension? I understand this is adjustable on the front and rear of the 710.
Thanks.
Old 11-27-2003, 12:58 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: I-manual 710

Originally posted by tIANcI
This is unacceptable shoddy work!!! How can this be?! Hahahaha ... Seriously, anyone got the 710 in their hands yet? I mean people like MS and Julius cannot answer this question.
Problem fixed already! Serpent does read our posts (on like others ) It's always good to let others look for vaults, that way the manual willbe excelent when the car arrives at the shops
Old 11-27-2003, 01:02 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by New_Toasted
I don't have the money to buy a 710 but i want to know if i should keep my Impulse or not..
If you don't have the money, why spend more getting a new car to replace the Impulse?

I'm not a good driver too but I forsee that the 705 will serve me throughout next year as well.
Old 11-27-2003, 01:08 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by lawndoggie
What is the characteristics of different belt tension? I understand this is adjustable on the front and rear of the 710.
Thanks.
The one thing that you need to do is to set the tension of the belts just enough. Not too tight and not too loose. Julius mentioned before that especially the side belt of the car needs to be installed loose a little to get the car to free roll better.

For me, I actually never had to do any tightening on the front and rear belts on the 705. The long side belt does loose it's tension a little after a while.

Anyway, it is a nice feature to be able to have an adjustable belt tensioner but it's there not as a performance enhancer. Just something which you can do to adjust the tension of the belts.
Old 11-27-2003, 01:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Anyway, it is a nice feature to be able to have an adjustable belt tensioner but it's there not as a performance enhancer. Just something which you can do to adjust the tension of the belts.
So you dont consider the ability to stop a skipping belt a peformance enhancer? Or the ability to achieve a free drive line a performance enhancer?
Old 11-27-2003, 01:33 AM
Tech Elite

If you don't have the money, why spend more getting a new car to replace the Impulse?

I'm not a good driver too but I forsee that the 705 will serve me throughout next year as well.
Sometimes I think that Mr D's wife is standing right behind him there at the computer
Old 11-27-2003, 01:44 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by sparksy
So you dont consider the ability to stop a skipping belt a peformance enhancer? Or the ability to achieve a free drive line a performance enhancer?
With my limited experience with the 705, the front and rear belts never gave a problem on my car. Be it skipping by becoming loose or too tight that gaves drag to the drive train.

By making the side belt loose and with nothing done on the front and rear belts, I was able to make the drive train sufficiently free.

For me, having adjustable front and rear belt tensioner on the 705 would not have made a difference.

Perhaps with the longer belts of the front and rear of the 710, it would come in as a performance enhancer like what you have mentioned.

My 2 cents.
Old 11-27-2003, 01:45 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
Sometimes I think that Mr D's wife is standing right behind him there at the computer
Ooouch !

Yes, that would be a politically correct statement at the place and time !
Old 11-27-2003, 02:06 AM
Tech Initiate

As the Impulse Pro and 705 become the old version in the Serpent family, I am afraid it will be hardly to get the parts for these out-dated models in the coming years especially the platform 710 is nearly difference to its predecessor .
Old 11-27-2003, 02:16 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by utopian
As the Impulse Pro and 705 become the old version in the Serpent family, I am afraid it will be hardly to get the parts for these out-dated models in the coming years especially the platform 710 is nearly difference to its predecessor .
Ummm, the Impulse PRO and the 705 (especially) share pretty similar parts with the Serpent 835.

I think Julius reiterated that parts would still be available for Serpent cars which have already been discountinued since 7 or 8 years ago.
Old 11-27-2003, 02:28 AM
Tech Regular

Practice more, and don't drive like me! The less you run into things, the less parts you'll need! hehehehehe
I am taking 2 weeks off from work during christmas to play my 8 minutes old 705 =) ehehheheee
I'll also be going to a slightly larger tracks with rubber tires and soft water tubing on the side rather than concrete wall!!
Old 11-27-2003, 05:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Ummm, the Impulse PRO and the 705 (especially) share pretty similar parts with the Serpent 835.

I think Julius reiterated that parts would still be available for Serpent cars which have already been discountinued since 7 or 8 years ago.
I do not think we can get the tyre and rim of the old 'Excel' from Serpent. I had asked our local agent for the parts of my out-dated Vector NT and they answered that they had still some parts in stock. However, while the stock sold out, I have to order parts from Serpent via them and the shipment takes approximate 3 to 6 weeks. Obviously, it is very inconvenience for racing with an old model.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.