Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 05:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by fastharry
Thanks Rene....

As you've been reading,alot of american style club tracks are a med size,surrounded by 2x4 wood lanes......Do you feel the rear suspension will hold up to the hits it will take,without breaking,or tweaking?.....

Of course,I understand that ina hard enough collision,ANYTHING will break.....but there is a certain amount that will be inflicted regardless..
For sure I don’t will promise that the rear or front suspension will hold every crash.
I only can tell you, that in all the testing the rear suspension never broke or bends.
Old 11-15-2003, 05:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Is that the avatar of the commercial plane you fly Julius?
Old 11-15-2003, 05:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

[QUOTE]Originally posted by markp27
[B]Rene, you can come and test at our track, if you wish At the moment there are lots of unexpected hazards like leaves and twigs and acorn nuts It may be important to test under these conditions

I know this track.
2 years ago I had driven in south Germany
And the big test sessions are over.
The only thing we must do now is getting together a good setup to improve. And go faster and faster,… .
Old 11-15-2003, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Julius
We did not take a peice of wood and gave the suspension a whack

But I do believe the suspension is no more falible than other cars on the market. We crashed the car more than once during testing, and broke no parts. Wooden boards? We'll see for sure at the crash test track of the Florida Winternats, but I'm quite optimistic.

Julius

I'm sure it will be fine.....Thank God I've been racing a nitro tc3 for 2 years..Learned the lesson's of hitting the boards,and learned to stay off them
Old 11-15-2003, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Rene C.
I know this track.
2 years ago I had driven in south Germany
And the big test sessions are over.
The only thing we must do now is getting together a good setup to improve. And go faster and faster,… .
I thought it may be familiar to you It's a great track to drive on, but only since I changed the one-way to a solid have I been able to really drive on it how I like to.
I'll volunteer for setup finding duties
Old 11-15-2003, 05:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by serpentracer1
Is that the avatar of the commercial plane you fly Julius?
Yes, it's a picture of KLM's brand new Boeing 777. I took it during a training flight at Chateroux france.
Old 11-15-2003, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Yes, it's a picture of KLM's brand new Boeing 777. I took it during a training flight at Chateroux france.
Do you ever fly the route Nuremberg-Amsterdam or Amsterdam-Newcastle?

I'm flying with you guys next month
Old 11-15-2003, 06:03 AM
Tech Master

No, thats done with the small planes
Old 11-15-2003, 06:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Damn,you have computer problems for a few days and come back to find the forum has become one big snake pit.

The car looks good but the image gallery on the product page isn't working,what's up with that?

Definitely a smart move by serpent to have so many of there top guys publically representing the 710 on the no.1 nitro touring car forum on the net.

It will be interesting to read and hear about first reports once the cars hit the track and see if it lives up to expectations.

Salven,you the man when you don't have radio problems.
Old 11-15-2003, 08:11 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by fastharry
and the solid axles don't give enough low sp turn in...
I'm actually very close to getting the setup I need on a very small tight track meant for electric cars with my Impulse PRO/705 and a front solid axle setup. I'm able to do quick S bend chicanes quite effortlessly. Just need to train the hand behind the Tx.
Old 11-15-2003, 08:14 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Rene C.
I actually never used them in my 705 so for me it was not important to try the pretension-springs in the 710.
I'm told that using the Veteq rear springs (longer than normal) negates the need to use the pre-tension spring option.

In any case, is the 710 coming with the yellow Veteq springs or the original shorter Impulse yellow springs? I believe Veteq springs does not have orange springs (softest) and that their softest spring is white.
Old 11-15-2003, 08:16 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 710

We redesigned the pulleys to have a better fit on the adapters. This means you won't be able to use the plastic parts of the old pulleys. The new ones run truer and will not devellop play as easily as the previous ones.

Also with the new sizes the belts run over larger diameter pulleys (especially the front belt) which makes them last longer and run smoother

Julius
Thanks Julius for that bit of info !
Old 11-15-2003, 08:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by InitialD
I'm told that using the Veteq rear springs (longer than normal) negates the need to use the pre-tension spring option.

In any case, is the 710 coming with the yellow Veteq springs or the original shorter Impulse yellow springs? I believe Veteq springs does not have orange springs (softest) and that their softest spring is white.
You are right. There is no orange Veteq spring.
The car will come with the standard springs (not the long one).
Old 11-15-2003, 08:22 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
Mark, I think you should do a service to your club's website... Give them a stunning pic which your track so deserves !!
Old 11-15-2003, 08:27 AM
Tech Prophet

No, thats done with the small planes
Julius mind if I ask what route do you usually fly? Do you fly AMS-KL? I take that sometimes but most of the time with code sharing MAS flight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.