Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 01:00 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Julius' Wing?

Old 03-16-2004, 01:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

thank you, a wealth of information you are...
Old 03-16-2004, 01:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by InitialD

I am actually curious with regards to the rear sway bar setting that Julius mentioned in his setup posted on mytsn. He used the inner hole on the rear bottom arm instead of the stock outer position. Also used a much harder rear sway bar setting (mounted on the center of the bar) with no front anti roll bars...
I was running without sway bars first. Our track is fast and flowing and running without bars makes the car smoother and easier to drive. On small tracks you'd probably find the response too slow.

In the end I wanted a little more steering so I decided to put the rear bar back on. Using the inner holes on the arm makes it softer. That way I manange to keep the change from no rear bar small. Then I played around a bit with the position on the bar to fine tune the steering.

It's like the rear roll center spacers. The bottom spacer is a big step and you fine tune with the top. In the roll bar the arm position is a big step the position on the bar is fine tuning.
Old 03-16-2004, 01:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by GoldFinger
To me , that is lack of front traction but corrected with reducing rear traction.
But lets hear what Julius will said.
It's not so much lack of traction. It's more a balance thing.
Old 03-16-2004, 01:10 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Julius
The wing is from our Volvo body.
Looking at the wing, it is pretty small. Were you looking at more steering for the car?

The Stratus FRW is a Stratus 2 but made by Frewer. It's very close to the Protoform Stratus in looks and handling. As Protoform stopped making the Stratus tis is an alternative.
Julius, have you tried the Mazda 6 body?
Old 03-16-2004, 01:10 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Julius' Wing?

Originally posted by markp27
Julius, what was the wing you were using in your setup - can't find a reference to it on the mytsn site.

Also saw from the www.serpent.at site, there is a couple of new bodies coming out:

170022 Stratus FRW + wing
170023 Loletta

I can guess what the Lolita, ehm , I mean Loletta is, but what is this FRW thing?

Cheers, Mark.
The wing comes from our Volvo body. It gives a little more high speed steering on the Stratus 1

The Stratus FRW is a close copy of the Protoform Stratus 2.1 but made by FReWer. It's a good alternative now Protoform stopped making the Stratus bodies.

I haven't tried the Mazda 6 yet. Probably Rene will be testing it this week together with the Alfa 2.1

At the moment the Protoform Stratus 2 seems the best body.
Old 03-16-2004, 01:15 AM
Tech Prophet

I was running without sway bars first. Our track is fast and flowing and running without bars makes the car smoother and easier to drive. On small tracks you'd probably find the response too slow.
Ummm, I would have thought the other way around... Sway bars for fast and flowing high speed tracks and no sway bars for small and tight tracks to get traction...

It's like the rear roll center spacers. The bottom spacer is a big step and you fine tune with the top. In the roll bar the arm position is a big step the position on the bar is fine tuning.
I get what you mean Julius. Thanks for the explanation.
Old 03-16-2004, 01:20 AM
Tech Prophet

I haven't tried the Mazda 6 yet. Probably Rene will be testing it this week together with the Alfa 2.1
I currently want to test out these bodies but somebody is pretty slow in churning it out for me ! (j/k)

At the moment the Protoform Stratus 2 seems the best body.
Cool. I'm currently using this battered body on the 710. It handles pretty neutral for me. Using the new thicker rear shock towers made the rear body post sit lower than the lowest possible position with the older shock tower for the bodyshell. I like the current position now. With the lower rear mount of the body, the car seems a little more stable with pretty decent steering from the last outing...
Old 03-16-2004, 01:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

It's not so much lack of traction. It's more a balance thing.
Thank you for explaining..
I can understand that if the car was 705, coz front to rear balance is far already.
In 710, the stock setup balance is quite good. We can point to the tire wear is balance already.
And with no fr sway bar but stiffen the rear stab wouldn't be make the front and rear end of car rolling in very different load ?
Especially when on-throttle, considering that your FR chasis uptravel is very big.

Please educate me for this...
Old 03-16-2004, 01:33 AM
Tech Prophet

considering that your FR chasis uptravel is very big.
Is front droop at 0 too big for uptravel on the 710?
Old 03-16-2004, 01:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
Is front droop at 0 too big for uptravel on the 710?
Comparing to +2.. yes!
Check the tire dia. and ride height. With that 0 droop and no sway bar the car will be very very lazy in front.
1 thing I dont know was I never ran the car in that cold weather.
Old 03-16-2004, 01:54 AM
Tech Prophet

Comparing to +2.. yes!
Check the tire dia. and ride height. With that 0 droop and no sway bar the car will be very very lazy in front.
Frankly, I am using that same front setup but that would be on the solid front axle when I want to get more steering.

1 thing I dont know was I never ran the car in that cold weather.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi guys, I am being stoopid Will this 801345 fith the S710? It is the stainless brake disk

http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=2345
Old 03-16-2004, 02:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry if this has been asked before but the tires that come with the kit, what shores and sizes are they?
Old 03-16-2004, 03:05 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by BaxterC
Hi guys, I am being stoopid Will this 801345 fith the S710? It is the stainless brake disk

http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=2345
Yes it will.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.