Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 09:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Here you go....

If you picture your S710 is on my ex-NTC3 position, you can spot the S710 rear upright upper pivot ball position is right at those WHITE CASTER LINES area..........HUDY block has a circle opening for you to stick a wrench thru to adjust your upper pivot ball (someone mentioned it is because YOKOMO GT-4 has the same design and pivot ball location same as S710).....but the INTEGY one is solid alum.....

Yes, you can still do that.....DRILL a hole thru the brand new setup station and put some purple paint and make it like stock....that is possible.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Do you guys think its safe to mount the transponder on the bumper where the 2 holes are located?
Old 03-05-2004, 09:18 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by crashed_1
the person close to a serpent.
Oh, I'm always close to Serpent at heart !

BTW, watch your ass at the track tomorrow morning !
Old 03-05-2004, 09:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Rookie Solara
Here you go....

If you picture your S710 is on my ex-NTC3 position, you can spot the S710 rear upright upper pivot ball position is right at those WHITE CASTER LINES area..........HUDY block has a circle opening for you to stick a wrench thru to adjust your upper pivot ball (someone mentioned it is because YOKOMO GT-4 has the same design and pivot ball location same as S710).....but the INTEGY one is solid alum.....

Yes, you can still do that.....DRILL a hole thru the brand new setup station and put some purple paint and make it like stock....that is possible.
Thanks for the pics Your work table looks clean. I dont think I will drill a hole, it wont look as clean. When adjsuting the camber is it possible to rotate the the thing around to a point where there is a space to stick in the tool without removing the wheel nut everytime? By looking at your avatar you must be Korean?
Old 03-05-2004, 09:26 AM
Tech Prophet

Master D...........GOOD MEMORY....wow, what is that...? P4 with 4.0 Ghz in your head? ....just 1 more time, it is a GOOD setup station, but if you are planning to buy a new one, HUDY will fit 710 better cause Integy one are UNIVERSAL, just not for S710.
hehehe

My memory is selective though... I only remembered that you had a Impulse PRO on that setup station !
Old 03-05-2004, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by cyba888
Do you guys think its safe to mount the transponder on the bumper where the 2 holes are located?
Depends on HOW you crash your car and how BAD did you crash it....Serpent designed that 2 holes for only 1 reason - like you said, for the AMB personal Transponder.....

I did mine.............only thing left is a real head on to the board and some real crash to test out the bumper.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by cyba888
Thanks for the pics Your work table looks clean. I dont think I will drill a hole, it wont look as clean. When adjsuting the camber is it possible to rotate the the thing around to a point where there is a space to stick in the tool without removing the wheel nut everytime? By looking at your avatar you must be Korean?
When you have 6" of snow for 5-6 months in 1 year, you will have a clean setup board and work station as well.....

Ah no, you cannot ROTATE the block, you don't want to rotate that block and stick a wrench thru the block to setup camber, because the old reading will not be correct....even though I try, the 710 upright is just too high that is no way you can get your wrench to reach that.....DRILL a hole is your only option. And again, only tool you can use to adjust the rear camber and with the setup block is the Serpent given black allen wrench, trust me, still work fine.....just not so professional.

No...I am not Korean, but she is the World-CUP 03 model...she is HOT, no other reason, I am originally from HK (chinese), just like the biggest American IDOL WILLIAM HEUNG......LOL
Old 03-05-2004, 09:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by InitialD
hehehe

My memory is selective though... I only remembered that you had a Impulse PRO on that setup station !
And do you still remember the 4mm carbon fiber chassis for my Impulse PRO..? I still have that...
Old 03-05-2004, 09:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

HOw has the tire wear been on the 710 on prepared and unprepared asphalt tracks?

also what shore has been working fr and rr?

Also-more specifically-has it been wearing front or rear pretty evenly-or all front or all back. And this is in 5 minute qualifers and 20 minute mains.

Thanks for the answers guys,
Ray
Old 03-05-2004, 09:39 AM
Tech Prophet

And do you still remember the 4mm carbon fiber chassis for my Impulse PRO..? I still have that...
Oh yes !
Old 03-05-2004, 09:40 AM
Tech Prophet

Depends on HOW you crash your car and how BAD did you crash it....Serpent designed that 2 holes for only 1 reason - like you said, for the AMB personal Transponder.....
Michael Salven mounts his below the upper bumper brace so it's hidden. I think he made cut outs in the foam bumper to fit it in.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the tip Solara. Hey did you guys check out this guys car? He modified the bumper the way my friend did! I like the way he did his rear sway bars.

http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=9680
Old 03-05-2004, 09:44 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by rayhuang
HOw has the tire wear been on the 710 on prepared and unprepared asphalt tracks?
On prepared surface, it is excellent. On unprepared asphalt, you may want to go with softer front tires than rear to balance the front and rear wear.

Originally posted by rayhuang
also what shore has been working fr and rr?
I have pretty much used 40 all around. Now with a solid front that I've been testing instead of oneway front, I use 37 shore front and 40 rear. 35 shore front and 37 shore rear on certain tracks. But that actually pretty much depends on your car setting and track.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

initialD-thanks for the info. I am lost in 200mm sedans now. I ran a NTc3 in 2002 and uneven front to rear tire wear was a big issue-but back then the ntc3 could do circles around the Impulse-but the Impulse was a better long main car.

This 710 looks really good.

Ray
Old 03-05-2004, 09:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
Michael Salven mounts his below the upper bumper brace so it's hidden. I think he made cut outs in the foam bumper to fit it in.
Sounds like a cool idea Safe and hidden

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.