Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by GoldFinger

I thought that he was driving the snakes.
This is one ol' meister who hates snakes ...
Old 02-09-2004, 12:44 PM
Tech Adept

where do you think I can get some option parts for the serpent 710? I know 3 racing carries parts for it but is there any other?
and do any of you other guys wish that the serpent 710 had a lowere rear and front shock tork I think there to high and becuase of that I can't fit some bodies that I will like to put on it.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i finally got my front ball diff from the border shop.
can't wait to try it out at my track!
at my local track, one way would be almost impossible to drive, the locked front diff is not really that great either. so the front ball diff is the way to go.

i'm thinking of putting mugen shocks on my 710 so i don't snap the shock shaft anymore. i don't know if this is a good idea though... let me know what you guys think.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:16 PM
Tech Adept

I am getting a new P/S for my sx12 MS-RT and am trying to decide betweem MCP or non-MCP. Is there any noticeable difference in performance using the MCP piston?
Old 02-09-2004, 05:06 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by baller360
where do you think I can get some option parts for the serpent 710? I know 3 racing carries parts for it but is there any other?
What option parts are you specifically looking?

Originally posted by baller360
and do any of you other guys wish that the serpent 710 had a lowere rear and front shock tork I think there to high and becuase of that I can't fit some bodies that I will like to put on it.
What bodies are you trying to put on? Lola Can Am bodies? If you're putting legal touring car bodies, I don't think there's any problems with the height of the shock towers.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by evlhdlts
i'm thinking of putting mugen shocks on my 710 so i don't snap the shock shaft anymore. i don't know if this is a good idea though... let me know what you guys think.
I've seen shock shafts breaking on the 710 when the impact is hard and direct at the shocks. In any case, you'll still break it or bend it.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by chachi
I am getting a new P/S for my sx12 MS-RT and am trying to decide betweem MCP or non-MCP. Is there any noticeable difference in performance using the MCP piston?
You'll want the MCP version. Higher silicone content to withstand higher abrasion and higher temp.

Performance wise, there's no difference. Perhaps if you count the fact that you can go leaner and hotter (generally means faster and more powerful), then yes, the MCP version would be better.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:15 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Droop!

Originally posted by Pyramid
When the car rolls more, you will get more steering. It is just like having more droop? if you can turns sharper/tighter, you should feel (or it is actually) the rear is loosing its tracktion so that front can take over it?
Be careful. The front roll more, more front traction, more steering.

Back rolls more because of lower roll center, more rear traction, less steering.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
I really hadn't got round to optimising my 705 setup with the solid, but under power the rear end was pretty loose.
If your rear tails under power out of the corner, what I do is to adjust and soften the rear diff little by little until you get stable rear under power. You could also soften the rear shocks (or harden the front) a tad but the former method is easier and less of a hassle.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:13 PM

The rear shock length might have been the problem for you to convert unles by making new shock tower. Putting the lower arms the other way around (L>R, R>L) might be able to raise the shock holes up to accept shorter shock but then you will have to find a away to secure the arms pin/shaft.

Yes, the serpent shock shaft might be the hardest among all but also the weakest. Try to search previous (1-2 pages old) post where I mention for solutions with original shocks for proven crash shock problem.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

what's the solution?
is it a new part or a modified part from some other car?
thanks in advance.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:59 PM
Tech Prophet

what's the solution?
Read here;

Originally posted by Pyramid
I said it again.. cut 1mm thinner on that plastic top part, it will move freely. Even if the shock tower will be revised to hold the shock straight... it will fail you with the breaking shock cap/body or even the shock tower in the even of such impact with craked/broken arms. The shock is the one the I wish get improved, including the shaft that broke (not bend) on such impact.. remember 1/8 for the worlds?
I've actually not needed to do the above. No shock shafts broken (yet). If you hit directly at the shocks, of course it's break. If the shock shafts does not break, perhaps something else will break.
Old 02-09-2004, 07:02 PM

what's the solution?
is it a new part or a modified part from some other car?
thanks in advance.
Little mod from existing parts. Basically, you will want to make the top plastic cap 1mm thinner. Cut the one that goes to the ball first (the one with ejector pin circle mark). Bring to machinist for better cut. This will make the shock cap move freely with ball installed. The problem in broken shaft or body is JUST because when the whole damper twisted on impact, it could not move. IT IS NOT the front (in case you have problem on front) that isn`t installed straight.
Old 02-09-2004, 07:18 PM

Hey thanks D, didn`t see that one coming...

I did broke the shaft on time with S705.. couple times broke on composite body. That was my first GP1/10 car.. oh boy, that car really giving me a hard time but not on the selling as it was completely different story at a GREAT timming.

Finally, S710, change my perception about Serpent This is something that they should have done long time ago.. at least right after the famous impulse I guess. NOW, I have more time to catch up Mr. D postings..
Old 02-09-2004, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

thanks guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.