Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 01:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by sparksy
And on a side note.... is it just me that gets pissed off when someone cant be bothered to trim the picture they want to post? I ***ing hate having to scroll each subsequent message side to side to read it.
I take it you didn't like that 10 meg picture of the mitsubishi?

The quality of larger pictures might suffer when trimming them down too much,that's why it's just better to attach them to the post and everyone can just click on them if they want to view them.

I feel your pain sparksy !
Old 01-26-2004, 01:14 AM
BG
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Fuel Tank & Pressure Line!

Originally posted by S710_Nut
Hey Guys,

Something i noticed today was that while being refueled when the lid is closed it would inject a heap of fuel into the carby and flood the engine and on numerous occasions the motor ending up stalling. Any suggestions? Do i need to run a longer pressure line from the exhaust or are we simply filling the tank with too much fuel?

SN
The problem lies with the tank lid. Replace the AFL seal on the lid. The spring tension on the AFL lid alone is enough to shut the lid. If you need to press it to close the lid properly then its a tank problem, replace the whole tank.

About shutting the lid too quickly is a joke, you dont need to worry about it.

Cheers Bill
Old 01-26-2004, 01:42 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Fuel Tank & Pressure Line!

Originally posted by BG
The problem lies with the tank lid. Replace the AFL seal on the lid. The spring tension on the AFL lid alone is enough to shut the lid. If you need to press it to close the lid properly then its a tank problem, replace the whole tank.

About shutting the lid too quickly is a joke, you dont need to worry about it.

Cheers Bill

Bill, not bad suggestions but I've used these AFL caps since they first came out during the Pro days and never had problems.

Maybe the first thing to check is the length and hole size of the fuel line as well as the pressure line from the exhaust. Someone also mentioned the possibility of the HSN being too rich.

I think something more basic is out of whack for the carb to be flooded just by shutting the tank cap.

Maybe I'm wrong ...
Old 01-26-2004, 02:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sparksy I also remember flooding the 835 with fuel the first time I pitted for you. How's the 710 going.
Old 01-26-2004, 02:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Tank Cap

S710, just do a quick check for your low needle setting.

Open the throttle fully for 2-3 second(off ground) then put your car down (in track). Let it idle for 10 sec or so..
Snap your trigger, if your engine goes wroooo and stalls then it should to rich. No matter how your tank cap, your engine is loaded up quickly when refuelling.
If your car goes da.. da (some hesitation) before it jumps, then it should be a bit lean, but it should be OK if you like it. Just make sure your car does not creep even a little.
In case you like this low needle setup, tighten your clutch bit more to make sure it does not engange when idle.

There is no perfect idle, as long as you have enough power on bottom to mid range even with higher rpm idle setup.
And no problem with snapping the cap after refuelling.

Just remember, we do not have an event call :
"LONGEST IDLE CONTEST"
Old 01-26-2004, 02:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by sparksy
And on a side note.... is it just me that gets pissed off when someone cant be bothered to trim the picture they want to post? I ***ing hate having to scroll each subsequent message side to side to read it.

Oppss... Got too excited looking at the WRC04.

Old 01-26-2004, 02:38 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Silver Stone Track

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Yes, I plan to go up because it coincides with Raya Haji. From the pictures it looks great, will let you know!
Can we tag along?..
Old 01-26-2004, 04:09 AM

Well, after usuall wasting of my evening times reading some others car threads (we sell cars, need to know some info on others.. you know.. ), I came to realize that this is, indeed, the most informative threads (at least from what I've visited). Just like someone here mentioned before.
Old 01-26-2004, 05:06 AM
Tech Adept

Default Suitable Synthesized Receivers

Fingers crossed, hopefully ordering my new 710 within the next couple of weeks can anyone advise whether any of the third party Synthesized Receivers will fit in the receiver box and work with my Ko Propo EX11 (Presto) Transmitter, as I'm having to buy a new Receiver just fancied a Synthesized one ready for when I eventually change the Transmitter.

Cheers

Mark
Old 01-26-2004, 05:44 AM

Futaba 3PKs will launch it synthesized recvs by end of march along with its synthesized module... it would have been a better upgrade
Old 01-26-2004, 05:57 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Pyramid
I came to realize that this is, indeed, the most informative threads (at least from what I've visited).
Pyramid, that's an understatement !
Old 01-26-2004, 05:58 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by dino.tw
People will not doubt or regret on the most expensive stuff.jajaja.....
The 710 expensive? I think not !
Old 01-26-2004, 06:07 AM

Originally posted by InitialD
Pyramid, that's an understatement !
I'm glad you did not say it "underdog" (if I remember it correctly), it might turns ugly in here..
Old 01-26-2004, 06:20 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by jfc_tech
Hi there D....just curious when u said, "Wide Open throttle"...is that full pull on the trigger...like u want it to go very fast
No. When I break in, I switch off my Rx/Tx and turn the throttle servo wide open manually. When the HSN is very rich, the engine will be 4 stroking even at 100% wide open. The reason why the HSN needs to be set rich is because when the engine is run at 100% open, you know that the HSN is the one controlling the entire fuel delivery and ensure that ensure that the engine is run in and broken in on the rich side. This method of breaking in is also fast.

I just break-in my max idling with fuel spitting out on & off hot & cold 4 tanks. afterwards, now on 8 tank on track rich reaching only max 90deg Celcius without body....am i doing it wrong
Like I mentioned, there are many ways to breaking in an engine. Like they say, there are many ways to skin the cat !

im gonna join the Kuching race and still confused on the hole on the front windscreen
From what I understand (which is the same that goes for IFMAR rules), you can put two holes on the windscreen. One for cooling hole (any width of the hole (square, round or rectangular) must NOT exceed 50 mm) and the other hole (20 mm) is for refueling especially if you're using a refueling gun. I have attached an example of my old shell (long live the 705 ! ) for reference...

Old 01-26-2004, 06:23 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Pyramid
I'm glad you did not say it "underdog" (if I remember it correctly), it might turns ugly in here..
Oh yes. Weight issues are also sensitive if I recall !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.