Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah I know, but just like English grammar has it's exceptions, I guess so does car set-up's...
Old 11-13-2003, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by InitialD
I know nuts about electric but I always thought that a stiffer chassis would be better suited for high traction surface (carpet).
correct!. There are some makes that have optional flexible upper deck for more tunning possibilities. The first I know to take adv. of this was Masami of Yok. He had a special upper deck on his Yok when all they sold in the stores were rigid chassis. The car handles better on certain surface and has more steering and control.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Thumbs up

WOW!! MICHAEL SALVEN!!

Good to see ya here and representing the products you design and race!!

Now, lets see if we can get Ralph on aboard.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

What??,, Michael Salven , here???,, I have to call my friend ,, he is a die hard fan of Michael!!

Agree with you Master D. ,, we need more higher ratios to run in very thight technical tracks,, Some one said that ,, they test the 710 in different tracks,, so, Did you guys (from Serpent) really test this car in thight tecnical tracks?? the 710 would keep up with the Mugens and the HpI's R40 in this conditions with stock spurs and Gears??,,
Old 11-13-2003, 07:47 PM

Originally posted by fmolzer
Do you mean the optional upper deck on the T1? I found that one hard to understand too, but it did help my xray on the carpet track... Go figure.
Never plays carpet before... but interesting to know...

Good on that particular day? or there isn`t other thing to adjust and must flex the car?
Old 11-13-2003, 07:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Do you mean the optional upper deck on the T1? I found that one hard to understand too, but it did help my xray on the carpet track... Go figure.
(Sorry if im trailing off, but main topic is the choice of material like Mr Julius said before)

I drove 414M WCR, in very hot (65 deg C) high traction track when I corners hard the tire makes a sound (kkrrreeee..) but some fast (too ) XRAY car does not make that sound in same corner, same tire/insert and they using med flex arm. This reality is haunted me till now. And spawn said that so did masami in his YOK (even it was flex-deck).
All this made me very confused, so what good of those "bloody_hell" expensive carbon option for?

And the question is still : Do our legend made this kind of med or flex part as an option ?
Old 11-13-2003, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Pyramid
Never plays carpet before... but interesting to know...

Good on that particular day? or there isn`t other thing to adjust and must flex the car?
Acctually, I used the Xray for about half a year, and was very happy with the set-up for the track that I used to race. Then comes this optional flex deck and of course I have to try it, and with no other changes, the car could all of a sudden carry more speed through corners without rear braking loose, something I never managed to get to with all my other set-up experiments. OK, it works, let's use it....

Back to 710.....
Old 11-13-2003, 10:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Back to 710.....
I always think that chassis flex has always got to do with the relative interaction of the shocks... I may be wrong with this one but for me I use a general rule of thumb that if you use a stiff chassis (like a 4 mm one), you should use softer shocks and vice versa on a medium traction track. Just like the effect of using stiffer sway bars with softer shocks.

Perhaps your XRay shocks that you were using were too hard to begin with and that a flexi upper deck was needed to hit the sweat spot... As they say, too much of something is not good. It must be just right and balanced.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Centax III gearing on 705?

Originally posted by Proficar403
Is the cluch bell the same from the centax II to III? I only wonder because I already have the lightweight bell for the centax II on my 705, and thought it would be nice to transfer it to my new car.
As I was punching in some numbers, I found something interesting. Perhaps somebody else also discovered this...

Putting the 710 spurs and pinions onto the 705 (if that is indeed possible) yields a 1st gear final drive ratios of 7.63 to 6.56 and 5.43 to 4.78 with the stock 2.0 internal drive ratio of the 705.

With the optional 47/22/17 internal pulleys on the 705 (internal ratio of 2.14), the 1st gear final drive ratio goes up in the range from 8.14 to 7.0 !! The 2nd gear final drive ratio goes to a range of 5.8 to 5.11.

Looks like those ratios are the ones that many people are looking for !
Old 11-13-2003, 10:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

IPerhaps your XRay shocks that you were using were too hard to begin with and that a flexi upper deck was needed to hit the sweat spot...
That is my point
If already having adjustable damper and wide selection of spring rate to fine tune, why would we need those flexy parts?

Can you guys imagine M. Schumacer driving a "flexy-chasis" Ferrari ??
(no offense just kidding)

D, nice shoot for gearing swap
It would make me more confident with my configuration choice, 705 for Lola, 710 for Touring.
Can't wait for 710 details.....
Old 11-13-2003, 10:45 PM

I always think that chassis flex has always got to do with the relative interaction of the shocks... I may be wrong with this one but for me I use a general rule of thumb that if you use a stiff chassis (like a 4 mm one), you should use softer shocks and vice versa on a medium traction track. Just like the effect of using stiffer sway bars with softer shocks.
Sound more logical to me... Unless the case of pan car (1/12), since there are no independet wisbones, you have to flex it to performs

Ok, before it gets to far... is there anyone know how much S710 will weight with all regular goodies fit into it?
Old 11-13-2003, 11:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by GoldFinger
If already having adjustable damper and wide selection of spring rate to fine tune, why would we need those flexy parts?
I don't know how much flex is allowed on F1 chassis but I know that having a stiff chassis allows your shocks to work much better. Flexi parts perhaps makes the shock workings less accurate and less direct and that it makes driving more forgiving on lower traction tracks. A flexi chassis allows the car to roll better giving you the needed traction.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 11-14-2003, 12:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by paulfitipauldi
:Some one said that ,, they test the 710 in different tracks,, so, Did you guys (from Serpent) really test this car in thight tecnical tracks??
Look at this, and press on the webcam-TAB

http://www.mrc-oberhausen.de/

http://www.raco2000.nl/fotogallerie/...ausen/016-.jpg

http://www.raco2000.nl/fotogallerie/...20hobbelig.jpg

Last edited by Schrijver99; 11-14-2003 at 12:06 AM.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:22 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Off Topic - Josh Cyrul

Woow, Josh Cyrul now drives for XRay !!

Wonder if he will drive for Serpent !
Old 11-14-2003, 12:35 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Waiting...

This waiting game is excruciating !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.