Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 10:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rally
i bought a ntc3 off ebay awhile ago( about 3 weeks) its still not here..wtf is going on? does n e 1 know? is it at customs or sumthing? i pretty pissed and the seller keeps saying it should be arriving soon..is this wait time normal?
It does happen....the custom might hold your package for somoe reason, most likely, they might ask you to pay TAX on that, that happened to one of my buyer from Canada before....took 1 week to ship to Canada custom, but then they hold it, they opened it, and claimed that the RC cars does worth more then $50US (I wrote down $50US PER the buyer's request...not my mistake)........at the end, they evalue the car cost around $200US (should be around $350US)...and tax him PLUS the plenalty......so, good luck to you.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:09 AM
Tech Adept

shiiit i must be screwed then huh? how much is the tax..and do i have to go there to pick it up? how can i get my hands on the freaking car! lol excuse the anger but 3 weeks and counting of waiting can do that to u..especially when the racings started
Old 06-21-2005, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by g12314
Not sure where your NTC3 is coming from, but when I have bought items from Canada it has taken 3 weeks for them to arrive on average to Chicago.

Hopefully you paid via a service that can attempt to get your money back if it turns out the person is a fraud.
Jimmy........I am this CLOSE to just throw the NTC3 to the recycling bin.....the reason my car cannot turn without spin out - another cracked fuel tank, this is my, probably 10 NTC3 tank that I had cracked, for NO REASON at all....I think 1 time the pipe rub the wall and somehow it crack the tank....I must be the NTC3 tank killer....10 stupid tanks...

I am using Serpent tanks now...need to drill some holes on the 4mm chassis, that must be tough....
Old 06-21-2005, 11:23 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rally
shiiit i must be screwed then huh? how much is the tax..and do i have to go there to pick it up? how can i get my hands on the freaking car! lol excuse the anger but 3 weeks and counting of waiting can do that to u..especially when the racings started
According from the buyer last time (may be a year or so go ago) yes, they will send you a postcard and have you to pick up your package at the post office, then you pay your tax, plus the plenalty....however, I remember he said the overall tax and plenalty is NOT like 2X the cars, it was like $45 CAN for a $250 value of goods...tax and plenalty combine...

Look at the bright side, they might just hold it for SCAN...then they might just deliver it later...jsut wait.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Rookie Solara, on the stock NTC3 tank, make sure you don't tighten the 3 mounting screws too tight. There is a little chassis flex built-in and if the tank is secured too tight, you'll crack it everytime.

As far as spinning out, are you running foam tires? If you are, make sure the tires are equal in diameter from front to rear, or you can run the fronts .5mm smaller than the rears. Also, make sure your rear diff is tightened enough. I broke the diff bolt screw and ran the car, it wouldn't hold a line in any corner.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:48 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Rich Panganiban
Rookie Solara, on the stock NTC3 tank, make sure you don't tighten the 3 mounting screws too tight. There is a little chassis flex built-in and if the tank is secured too tight, you'll crack it everytime.

As far as spinning out, are you running foam tires? If you are, make sure the tires are equal in diameter from front to rear, or you can run the fronts .5mm smaller than the rears. Also, make sure your rear diff is tightened enough. I broke the diff bolt screw and ran the car, it wouldn't hold a line in any corner.
Rich....thanks for the head up, everything you mentioned, I did them all, it is just the LUCK that I have.....ppl just love to T-bone me from no where, and somehow, they will brake my tank....just SOME HOW....and don't ask me why.

About the spinning out....did everything you mentioned as well, it was the leaked fuel tank, fuel coming to the rear left wheel and cause the spin out...my diff is brand new rebuild, 1/4 turn at rear and 1/2 on front..after the race, I can see all the fuel on the left side, not other area else..........

Again, will see what can I do about the tank....may be I will mount the tank UP HIGH in the middle of the car.........
Old 06-21-2005, 12:08 PM
Tech Champion

Does anyone know where to order the 3RACING fuel tank? As much as I don't believe it is any better or cheaper then the AE tank.....but I have to try and hope the 3RACING tank will last longer and can take some impact.....
Old 06-21-2005, 12:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
Rich....thanks for the head up, everything you mentioned, I did them all, it is just the LUCK that I have.....ppl just love to T-bone me from no where, and somehow, they will brake my tank....just SOME HOW....and don't ask me why.

About the spinning out....did everything you mentioned as well, it was the leaked fuel tank, fuel coming to the rear left wheel and cause the spin out...my diff is brand new rebuild, 1/4 turn at rear and 1/2 on front..after the race, I can see all the fuel on the left side, not other area else..........

Again, will see what can I do about the tank....may be I will mount the tank UP HIGH in the middle of the car.........
Try the K-Factory side brace. It will protect your fuel tank from T-Bone...
But you need to mount your exhaust pipe further outside...
Old 06-21-2005, 01:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does anyone know where to order the 3RACING fuel tank? As much as I don't believe it is any better or cheaper then the AE tank.....but I have to try and hope the 3RACING tank will last longer and can take some impact.....
I never seen a 3racing tank for the ntc3 only Kfactory. You meant kfactory right?

Anyone ordered bearings for their ntc3 from Avid? How are the quality? My outdrive bearings for the spool get worn out easily after two outings. Anyone have any suggestions how I can prolong them or a better bearing company?
Old 06-21-2005, 01:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey soara, what tires are you running??? I was having the same problem ALL last season and finally went to jaco foam tires, front 40 and rear 35 shore and my car is a rocket. I am running a sirio 15 5 port modded and I still get tons of traction......
Old 06-21-2005, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Jimmy........I am this CLOSE to just throw the NTC3 to the recycling bin.....
I hear ya Howard. I cannot get the car to handle consistantly. It seems that it is tweaked all the time, and I have gone over it again and again to try to solve the problems. I'm gonna shelf mine for a while and give the R40 a try. May also get a MTX-3 for grins .

I know the NTC3 can handle good (Walt's looks OK), but after watching ESPO's 710 on rails I gotta give something else a shot.

Jimmy
Old 06-21-2005, 03:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wangcc61
Try the K-Factory side brace. It will protect your fuel tank from T-Bone...
But you need to mount your exhaust pipe further outside...
i've got both, 3RACing and K-Factory both....only I haven't done is GLUE them together and form a 7mm carbon fiber side brace.......just don't know how in the world I can crack those tank...
I just mount the tank with 2 orange o-rings on each hole and screw them up to about 80%.....1 time, the tank get pressed down, the screw rub the ground, split the tank into 3 pieces, like 30 sec after refuel, I ran out of gas, and realized that my tank was in 5 or 6 pieces....

I am the TANK killer..........whos going to make Titaniium tnak or carbon fiber tank...? GPM please help......we need your titanium...
Old 06-21-2005, 03:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by revzalot
I never seen a 3racing tank for the ntc3 only Kfactory. You meant kfactory right?

Anyone ordered bearings for their ntc3 from Avid? How are the quality? My outdrive bearings for the spool get worn out easily after two outings. Anyone have any suggestions how I can prolong them or a better bearing company?
Yes, you are right...I keep thinking 3Racing...yes, it is K-factory tank..any idea where to order that? Precision RC is looking good so far, like $25 shipped...2X the price of the AE tank, but I hope it does last 2X longer then the AE one...
Old 06-21-2005, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jasonntc3
hey soara, what tires are you running??? I was having the same problem ALL last season and finally went to jaco foam tires, front 40 and rear 35 shore and my car is a rocket. I am running a sirio 15 5 port modded and I still get tons of traction......
It is not the tires....when you have leak fuel tank spray fuel to you left rear tires, you are running with RAIN X SLICK TIRES.....LOL
I am running GQ racing tires....37 rear and 35 front, when I was using Nitro Shoes (Jaco) I was using 38 rear and 35 front.......my set up is a little bit different, I made my car UNDERSTEER so I can use softer front tires (35 shores) on the front so I can get to the 95% smae wear of FRONT and REAR foam tires on each set....so far, works out very very good...

I hate seeing my rear tires down to 54mm and the front tires still have 58mm...after 3 racing weekend, 15 minutes mains and a lot of 5 minutes run, both GQ and JACO are very much wear equally.........

BTW, good engine, I still have my SIRIO 15 (modded as well) jsut in case my Mugen X12 give up on me....
Old 06-21-2005, 03:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Do you like the x12 more than the s15???? How is the power and tining compared to the s15??? So is your car handling good????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.