Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 06:33 AM
Tech Adept

OK, my stock chassis is toast, can anybody recommend a chassis I can get in Hong Hong and ballpark cost? Unfortunately, I cannot consider the BMI one as it's too expensive for my shallow pocket. TIA.
Old 01-04-2004, 06:39 AM

Golden Horizon chassis and Hardcore racing Ti upper deck works pretty good. You should be able to get the GH chassis there but. I dunno about the HC upper deck.
Old 01-04-2004, 08:17 AM
Tech Addict

I ordered the Body mounts. Thank you guys for your help!!!
Old 01-04-2004, 04:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by bbntc3
Golden Horizon chassis and Hardcore racing Ti upper deck works pretty good. You should be able to get the GH chassis there but. I dunno about the HC upper deck.
Thanks bbntc3.
Old 01-04-2004, 07:09 PM

I have'nt been able to find the rear mounts , where do I look? Thanks BB
Old 01-04-2004, 10:17 PM
Tech Addict

Here is my NTC3 with the shell off.
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-102_0234.jpg  
Old 01-05-2004, 01:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Rear body mounts

They are under there site called ultra specials:

http://www.rccaronline.com/
Old 01-06-2004, 09:07 PM
Tech Adept

TexasRacer, where did you get your air filter, adn how much was it?

- Dust
Old 01-08-2004, 09:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

It's been a while since i posted in this forum. Havent really put much interest no more cause of the weather we are having here in NYC pretty cold. Well, i own the RTR NTC3 currently all stock. The Ace Jaguar steering servo failed on me after i hit it against a tire of a car. I bought a hobbico servo with the metal gears which said to be more durable which makes sense. But the servo is much bigger than the stock Ace Jaguar one. I have trouble putting the servo in the car. When i do it wont tight turn like it use to because the link would hit the plastic and wont turn anymore. What should i do? I've looked for the Ace Radio servo but no luck finding it. I might as well get a good one but which one should i get? Remember i got the Ace radio setup from the RTR. I will try to post a picture of how it looks like. Thanks for your time.
Adam
Old 01-08-2004, 09:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Here is the picture that i just took. As you can see that there is one screw missing, this is because it wont go in. Its to big to fit in there, something is obviously wrong. How can i improve this any comments would help please. When i move to the right or left the servo moves too so i dont get precise steering. Thank you again.
Adam
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-picture-004.jpg  
Old 01-08-2004, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Drive4fun just get the right screw size at your local hobby shop
and make sure you endpoint adjustment on the servo throw
doesnt exceed the actual limit on the car linkage.

RE: centax

Ive seen a few local guys running the mugen centax on the
Ntc3 just make sure to but the mugen .8 gears.
Also you will need to grind a little of the rear brace for
clearance.
Old 01-08-2004, 12:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Default D4F

The screw size is a 4-40 screw, about 1/2" long. Doesn't matter if it is a button head or cap head. Might just be a good idea for you to buy a screw set while you are at it, so you always have a spare for anything.

Pretty much any standard servo will fit into the car. You may need to get some of the servo shims to put in proper placement. If you are not getting enough throw, check your end point adjustments. Also, make sure that you center the servo how it shows in the manual (a little off center) or the linkage will hit the radio tray.
Old 01-08-2004, 01:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks all for posts. I got it done myself had to take whole front of car apart. I had the right screw everything. The servo was missing this on a side. Dont know how i come to misplace it but, i made it work without it now its fresh as new. Well thanks again.
Here is the Picture with the two screws in and ready for reassembly. At last after some work hehe.. Stressfree

Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-picture.jpg  
Old 01-10-2004, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Bobby Flack
Lifting the car up at the center and watching how far the tires lift is "Droop" not a method of setting tweak. For tweak you have to use a balance beam or scales or make darn sure all the shocks are the same length and the spring collars are all in the exact same place, of course this does not show any weight bias problems.

I had problems with the one-way until I started using the Serpent oil, not much of it though.

Ted
ok, well i did take all my shocks out and compared the rears together and the fronts together. i made sure they were the same length as well as having the same amount of preload. i dont' have access to a tweak station. what else can i do?
Old 01-10-2004, 09:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Dust
TexasRacer, where did you get your air filter, adn how much was it?

- Dust
My LHS had them, Im not sure what the price was though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.