Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by torchedlh
hmmm i seem to have a bad case of torque steer right now. whenever i gun it, my ntc3 pull left pretty hard. i've tried tightening the front diff way down but it doesnt' seem to help. something i can do with the rear diff?

number cause of torque steer... tweak, your car is improperly tweaked...

... check first if all your shocks are still ok. (no leaks)
... adjust tweak

another reason for a slight torque steer, the rear of the car dumps to much weight on the rear, i replaced my red springs (rear) to copper and raised ride height by .5mm to compensate.

... just a couple of suggestions.
Old 12-15-2003, 11:11 PM
Tech Regular

i've reset the tweak to factory settings (4 in the front, 3 in the rear). i also set the ride height to the stock setting all the way around. not sure about my shocks leaking tho... i'll have to take a look.
Old 12-16-2003, 12:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by torchedlh
i've reset the tweak to factory settings (4 in the front, 3 in the rear). i also set the ride height to the stock setting all the way around. not sure about my shocks leaking tho... i'll have to take a look.

kinda hard to explain tweak, but 4 and 3 are droop settings, not tweak, there is no factory setting for tweak.

(also, aside from my droop screws, i try to have the same shock lengths equal.)

... tweak is more of "balance" like when a portion of your car is heavier (example... rear left, where the engine is, ) tweaking you're car is the process by which you must compensate for this, so that you'll still have a level chassis. (i.e. by direct tweaking, you put more preload on the rear left shock, indirect tweaking, putting more preload to the front left shock, and remove the same amout of preload to the right front shock.)

You can check the tweak either by an MIP tweak station or just by lifting the center of the chassis and looking which tire leaves the ground first.

there are other articles you can look for to help explain tweak better.
Old 12-16-2003, 02:10 PM

Since you guys are on the tweak subject. I used a laser tweak board and a MIP tweak station. Other than using 4 seperate scaling system I have found this Integy tool to be of some better use than balance beams.
http://integy.automated-shops.com/cg...33103198664.8f

Last edited by bbntc3; 12-16-2003 at 02:22 PM.
Old 12-16-2003, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by bbntc3
Since you guys are on the tweak subject. I used a laser tweak board and a MIP tweak station. Other than using 4 seperate scaling system I have found this Integy tool to be of some better use than balance beams.

i agree, i find that the tweak station is a better alterenative to the scale system.
Old 12-17-2003, 06:08 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

If you can afford the scale system that is the most accurate. The Tweak Station is a lot easier to transport to the track though. But you do want to get all four tires to have the same amount of pressure somehow.

Jon
Old 12-18-2003, 09:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just got my new ntc3. Anyone got any tips for problems I might see during building?
Old 12-19-2003, 04:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi all

nice to see the ntc3 thread is still hanging in there - pun intended

I still race mine
Old 12-22-2003, 12:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Ophidian
Just got my new ntc3. Anyone got any tips for problems I might see during building?
Just follow the manual exactly, and you shouldn't have problems. the kit settings work ok.
Old 12-22-2003, 12:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

you might want to get the FIX for the shock towers and maybe some 4-40 1/2 to replace the 3 shock tower bolts for the front and rear. Also polish the hinge pins and pivot balls till shiny for freer movement.
Old 12-22-2003, 03:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

... yep, u need the FIX and an RPM front bumper, the stock one doesnt work.
Old 12-22-2003, 07:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by highwayman
kinda hard to explain tweak, but 4 and 3 are droop settings, not tweak, there is no factory setting for tweak.

(also, aside from my droop screws, i try to have the same shock lengths equal.)

... tweak is more of "balance" like when a portion of your car is heavier (example... rear left, where the engine is, ) tweaking you're car is the process by which you must compensate for this, so that you'll still have a level chassis. (i.e. by direct tweaking, you put more preload on the rear left shock, indirect tweaking, putting more preload to the front left shock, and remove the same amout of preload to the right front shock.)

You can check the tweak either by an MIP tweak station or just by lifting the center of the chassis and looking which tire leaves the ground first.

there are other articles you can look for to help explain tweak better.
Lifting the car up at the center and watching how far the tires lift is "Droop" not a method of setting tweak. For tweak you have to use a balance beam or scales or make darn sure all the shocks are the same length and the spring collars are all in the exact same place, of course this does not show any weight bias problems.

I had problems with the one-way until I started using the Serpent oil, not much of it though.

Ted
Old 12-22-2003, 08:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by spawn
you might want to get the FIX for the shock towers.
What's this FIX for the shock towers? And thanks for the other info everyone.
Old 12-22-2003, 08:46 PM

I have The fix and the Rear Jam nuts in a kit form, 1 kit does the whole car $25 shipped in the US. Email me
The fix uses the other 2 holes in the diff cases. Keeps the shocktowers tight on the car. Loose shocktowers is common with this car.
Old 12-22-2003, 08:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

What company makes the fix?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.