GT class--buggy-based on road!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Come on guys, no need for any of this between us.

We all love racing our GT cars and we need to be a unified force.
There are already enough “haters” that don’t want to see our GT race happen.

As far as rubber vs. foam, it’s a mute topic for our race.
The correct track prep for both types of tires is totally different.
Foams need sugar water & additives, while rubber tires work best on a clean asphalt surface.
This is the main reason that 5th scale cars don’t race well at foam tire events where “additives” are used.

Our event is intended to attract the “best of the best” of GT racing.
It is our opportunity to unite and have fun for our common goal, to race our GT cars without any interruptions from anyone that doesn’t enjoy seeing our cars on the track.

Scheduling is for 45 minute A Mains, but don’t be surprised if they grow to 60 minutes. Peace.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Come on guys, no need for any of this between us.

We all love racing our GT cars and we need to be a unified force.
There are already enough “haters” that don’t want to see our GT race happen.

As far as rubber vs. foam, it’s a mute topic for our race.
The correct track prep for both types of tires is totally different.
Foams need sugar water & additives, while rubber tires work best on a clean asphalt surface.
This is the main reason that 5th scale cars don’t race well at foam tire events where “additives” are used.

Our event is intended to attract the “best of the best” of GT racing. It is an opportunity for us to unite and have fun for our common goal, to race our GT cars without any interruptions from anyone that doesn’t enjoy seeing our cars on the track.

Scheduling is for 45 minute A Mains, but don’t be surprised if they grow to 60 minutes. Peace.
+1, I will say no more.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I see no fun in racing,there can only be one 1st place.

"GT" racing,there's nothing funny about it.

March 2010...
Old 09-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Tech Rookie

I see the Picco P3 is on the motor list. Does that include the P3 with the turbo plug which is $200. Part# OFN51233
Old 09-13-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Jspeed,

You might want to get part numbers for the Sportwerks and Picco P3 engines as to clarify which versions are legal for the spec class
Old 09-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
Jspeed,

You might want to get part numbers for the Sportwerks and Picco P3 engines as to clarify which versions are legal for the spec class
yeah..... I think you're right.
This could get out of hand real quick.

I think I'll only be racing in the GT1 Open class for this one. Looking forward to setting the world on fire
Old 09-14-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

Default Dont be faking!!!!

+1, I will say no more.
A COUS i HOPE YOU CAN DRIVE AND YOUR CAR IS SET-UP VERY WELL AND YOU

NOT THE TYPE THAT HIDE BEHIND YOUR USERS NAME THE GUY TBO IS THE REAL DEAL WHEN IT COMES TO THIS GT CLASS RACING AND CAN BE VERY DANGEROUS IN DRIVING THESE MACHINES SO IF YOU REALLY FEEL LIKE HES SCARED OR TRYING TO AVOID THE RACE ILL PINKSLIP ONE OF MY 5 GTCARS TO 1 OF YOUR GT CARS THAT TBO WILL PUT IT TO U WITH RUBBER OR FOAM WITH HIS HYBRID GT CAR OR ILL RACE YOU AND REALLY WE DONT CARE ABOUT THE TIRE ISSUE BUT DONT HAVE AN OPEN CLASS WITH CERTAIN RULES OPEN MEANS OPEN, BUT WE UNDERSTAND TOO IF GUYS CANTS HANDLE THE REAL POWER FROM YOU ALLS MOTORS AND CANT SET A CAR UP FOR FOAMS WELL WHATS THE USE OF TALKING ABOUT THE BEST DRIVERS AND SET-UP FOR THE GT RACE!!!! (UR COMMENT RIGHT BACK AT YOU) NOW YOU DONT LIKE THAT DO U??? AND THINK ABOUT THE PINKSLIP PART TOO!!! IF YOU THAT GOOD!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 04:04 PM
Tech Rookie

WOW
Old 09-14-2009, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

This, is getting gooood
Old 09-14-2009, 05:43 PM
Tech Regular

I am working on a stock gt2 and the clutch is starting to engage at idle,is there a heavier spring or has anyone lightened the stock shoes? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Kyosho does make a heavier spring, but it is a tuning option. If your clutch is engaging at a regular idle then the spring might be broke. Does the car try to move when it is on the pavement when it is idling?
Old 09-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RANDY SMOOTH
This, is getting gooood
This is not going to get good because I will not be pulled into any tit-for-tat posting rant by BiggDogg33. I am a pretty decent racer and never claimed to light the racing world on fire. I just made a comment to tbo713 which Jspeed put an end to because it is his race, his rules. I will keep my postings to informing fellow racers and helping them if they have issues with their cars that I may have already experienced and found a solution.

Last edited by JLock; 09-14-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Adept

This is not going to get good because I will not be pulled into any tit-for-tat posting rant by BiggDogg33. I am a pretty decent racer and never claimed to light the racing world on fire. I just made a comment to tbo713 which Jspeed put an end to because it is his race, his rules. I will keep my postings to informing fellow racers and helping them if they have issues with their cars that I may have already experienced and found a solution.
hey you opened this can up so live with it you called me out saying that i'm making excuses we shall see
Old 09-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mikeLy
Kyosho does make a heavier spring, but it is a tuning option. If your clutch is engaging at a regular idle then the spring might be broke. Does the car try to move when it is on the pavement when it is idling?
The spring is fine and the car moves a little bit,if you suspend the car on a stand at idle the tires spin slowly.The clutch should not engage at all at a low idle .Would you have a pt # for the optional spring? Thanks for the reply.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:18 PM
Tech Rookie

I haven't ran a 2 shoe clutch in a while. I'll see if I can find a part # for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.