Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rpespo
Why do we need a class at the Nationals. I don't want to race with 1/10 and 1/8 guys. This event will be our Nationals. Hell, if all goes well, it might be the equivilent of a Worlds!

I know i know, even when im not from USA, wouldnt be great to have ROAR recognition ?, i mean, GT Class national event in the future can be held at different date than 1/10th and 1/8th scales, but at least can have ROAR behind the class to push it and grow ...

juts my $ 2 pesos ...

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Old 09-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Why do we need a class at the Nationals. I don't want to race with 1/10 and 1/8 guys. This event will be our Nationals. Hell, if all goes well, it might be the equivilent of a Worlds!
I totally agree.
"GT" Worlds Open..
Old 09-09-2009, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I just think we'd be better off without "big brother" ROAR involved. Maybe it's me, I have this thing with authority.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

Why do we need a class at the Nationals. I don't want to race with 1/10 and 1/8 guys. THIS event will be OUR Nationals. Hell, if all goes well, it might be the equivilent of a Worlds!

Hey Carl, check out the Inferno GT proboards forum for more info on the GT. What made you get that instead of another DM-1? How's the GT turnout been at ControlFreakz? Looking to get up there once more before the season ends. Maybe the trophy race next month.

TBO, explain DM-1 hybrid. Have you been to Blue Diamond?
My son is 10 and i got it from someone it was a good deal to good to pass up . No i have never been to DB but would love too i will be at the trophy race at ControlFreakz see you there .
Old 09-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Tech Adept

Why do we need a class at the Nationals. I don't want to race with 1/10 and 1/8 guys. THIS event will be OUR Nationals. Hell, if all goes well, it might be the equivilent of a Worlds!

Hey Carl, check out the Inferno GT proboards forum for more info on the GT. What made you get that instead of another DM-1? How's the GT turnout been at ControlFreakz? Looking to get up there once more before the season ends. Maybe the trophy race next month.

TBO, explain DM-1 hybrid. Have you been to Blue Diamond?
i'll be there this sun racing it
Old 09-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Fellas,

Events like the one that Jspeed is putting together is a way for this class to get recognition. I live in Texas and have many of ROAR reps in my neck of the woods. Most think that this class is a joke just to sum up many of the comments made when bringing up doing this class under ROAR. Many of the hierarchy at ROAR (mainly the old 1/8th scale biased stalwarts) don't take this class seriously and think that it is a passing fad (like mood rings). Also, if ROAR doesn't see making money in it, they won't support it. It will take major efforts by us to make others in the racing community stand up and take notice. Supporting the class at local venues is a start. Technically, we don't need ROAR and maybe with more events like what Jspeed is working on happening in other areas of the country (central Southeast, Midwest, West Coast, upper Northeast, etc), others, including ROAR, would stand up and take notice. Just some of my thoughts on this matter.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Adept

on the gt race in march if you guys want people to show that open class should run foam tires that way people from all sides will come trust me because i know at least 12 guys at 301 that want to come so jspeed i know you want to sell those tires they sell because i know the stock class may have 5-8 heats so just think about it
Old 09-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tbo713
on the gt race in march if you guys want people to show that open class should run foam tires that way people from all sides will come trust me because i know at least 12 guys at 301 that want to come so jspeed i know you want to sell those tires they sell because i know the stock class may have 5-8 heats so just think about it
Dude.... you crack me up.... for the 10th time.... rubber tires only.

3 days on the track, GT rubber tires only on a clean smooth track with no "traction additives" will give insane rubber grip.

and........ I don't wanna have to buy a tire-truer and 10 sets of foams to get into the A-Main, lol

This GT race is for finding out who's the best set-up guy, driver, thinker and who's got the "right" combo & pit person to win.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:16 AM
Tech Regular

Damn.. That leaves me out. I didn't know I would have to think.

Last edited by Bubba Cola; 09-11-2009 at 06:35 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Come on !!, left the race as it is ... GT Class on rubber tires are great !!, very realistic driving and a lot of thing less to worry about. And come on, i dont think this is a full commercial thing man, i do not race Ipanemas myself and im planning to attend, its like going to proline or futaba offroad event, you are not with a gun on your head to use proline and futaba stuff. This is a rubber tire race, but no SPEC TIRE so you have lot of brands to pick (Ipanema, GRP, PMT, OFNA, Alpha RC, etc ...)

I really hope that the number of drivers attending the race its HUGE ... Jeff is working his ass off to mount this race for us GT lovers, so lets support this guy ...

cya !!

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Old 09-11-2009, 06:41 AM
Tech Regular

Real racers use rubbers
Old 09-11-2009, 06:51 AM
Tech Adept

Old 09-11-2009, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Default Very nice!!!

dm-1 hybrid aka gt2 killer
Fella's I had a chance to see this hybrid run the other day and believe me its vey impressive indeed I was truly shocked and it had awesome speed didnt see it on the track yet to see how it handles but far as speed and the technology and the the way u can use a GT2 body on it was very shocking but great job tbo but you know me I love the GT class and im rebuilding my cars as we speak, so come 2010 at kissimmee its gonna be truly interesting and I do like to see the GT class gets all the respect it deserves!!! THEY ARE THE REAL DEAL!!! WE NEED TO START PUTTING TOGETHER MORE GT RACES SO EVERYBODY CAN SEE HOW AWESOME THESE MONSTERS ARE!!! its enough of us that drive these gts we can do it for sure its not hard and we will have a good time too and we will be able to still pay our bills and have lunch money!!!
Old 09-11-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Jspeed and Tabushi,

Sounds like some folks are building excuses not to come to the race. The rules are specific with very little gray area. Tbo713's excuse of "if you don't allow foam tires, I and some of my friends won't come" is just that, an excuse. My thing is that if you have got the driving skills, it would not matter what tire you run, if your car set-up is on point. Tbo713, sorry you feel the way you do and it will be a shame that you are using the foam tire crutch to deny yourself the opportunity to join in on the fun. That just means that is one less racer to compete against and to keep me from making the A-main.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JLock
Jspeed and Tabushi,

Sounds like some folks are building excuses not to come to the race. The rules are specific with very little gray area. Tbo713's excuse of "if you don't allow foam tires, I and some of my friends won't come" is just that, an excuse. My thing is that if you have got the driving skills, it would not matter what tire you run, if your car set-up is on point. Tbo713, sorry you feel the way you do and it will be a shame that you are using the foam tire crutch to deny yourself the opportunity to join in on the fun. That just means that is one less racer to compete against and to keep me from making the A-main.
excuse! please i'm not using that as no crutch i just like running foam tires in the open class because i have two car and i will run in the spec class with rubber tires that's all so when i get there then talk to to me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.