Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 05:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Shouldn't the front diff grease be black? Thats what people have been saying, it's black in color and it's more like a grease than a fluid....
Old 06-25-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by motomike122
Shouldn't the front diff grease be black? Thats what people have been saying, it's black in color and it's more like a grease than a fluid....

I'm guessing it varies from production run to production run.

Honestly the color of the grease isn't all that important as long as there is something in there.

now 90% of owners replace the grease with Silicone Diff Oil because it is more consistent then the factory grease and can be fine tuned with a little trail and error.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by regg151
I'm guessing it varies from production run to production run.

Honestly the color of the grease isn't all that important as long as there is something in there.

now 90% of owners replace the grease with Silicone Diff Oil because it is more consistent then the factory grease and can be fine tuned with a little trail and error.
Should I change it over to silicone and if yes what weight? Thanks for the help...
Old 06-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by motomike122
Should I change it over to silicone and if yes what weight? Thanks for the help...
If your just bashing around you can but it's not really nessacery.

If your racing then it becomes much more important as it gives you the ability to tune the car to your driving style.

For example if you like to run hard and brake at the last min to make the turn then you may want to consider 100K in the front and 10K - 30K in the rear.

If you let of the gas and coast into the turns then you might want 7K - 30K in the front diff and 3K-10K in the rear.

your best bet is to ask around at your local track to see what ratios work best and use that info to form a baseline setting and work from there. If the other racers don't want to give up their info or you just don't want to ask them I'd recommend picking up at least 4 bottles of diff oil 100K, 30K, 10K & 3K these should get you in the ball park if your budget is tight and you can only get 2 start with the 30K & 10K.

Remember when you fill the diff try just cover the cross bars with oil much more and you run the risk of over filling the diff causing it to leak.

also make sure you get as much grease out of the diff cups as possible or just get new diff cups.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:26 PM
Tech Regular

Default Center Differential

I have a question on center diff. what oil would you use for a medium to high traction on a bumpy track asphalt or do you reccommend using a soild differential for single speed tranny. What tires do you guys reccommend for the same track condition.\
Thanks in advance.

Chris
Old 06-26-2009, 01:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chrisfrom619
I have a question on center diff. what oil would you use for a medium to high traction on a bumpy track asphalt or do you reccommend using a soild differential for single speed tranny. What tires do you guys reccommend for the same track condition.\
Thanks in advance.

Chris
Most of us racing GT are using the 2-speeds, you'll need to find a European "Rally Game" forum because the race single speeds there.

For GT race tires.....
www.ipanemasports.com
Old 07-01-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I ran the Ipanema 55 shore slick tires out here in Vegas this past Sunday for a club race. Ambient temps were 105+ degrees, track surface temps must have been even hotter....anyways, the Ipanema tires were on point!

I also have to mention the fact that they were an old set of tires as I have over 1 gallon on them
Old 07-04-2009, 03:17 AM
Tech Elite

Old 07-05-2009, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

cya !

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Old 07-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

http://ipanemasports.com/gtracingslicks.aspx
Old 07-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ViLL
I ran the Ipanema 55 shore slick tires out here in Vegas this past Sunday for a club race. Ambient temps were 105+ degrees, track surface temps must have been even hotter....anyways, the Ipanema tires were on point!

I also have to mention the fact that they were an old set of tires as I have over 1 gallon on them
I use the tires at my local track too and they work very well. I use the 45 shore and they keep me planted! Another really nice feature is the fact they dont balloon out like the "other guys." That means more rubber on the road!

I have some more Ipanema products on the way. They are really doing good things to help out the GT class!
Old 07-14-2009, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ryanrc03
I use the tires at my local track too and they work very well. I use the 45 shore and they keep me planted! Another really nice feature is the fact they dont balloon out like the "other guys." That means more rubber on the road!

I have some more Ipanema products on the way. They are really doing good things to help out the GT class!
Good choice in tires for your car. I switched over a year ago and have not looked back or even looked at another tire. Every time I run my car, the set-up I have coupled with the Ipanema tires, makes it feel like it is on rails. The other tires I used to run I cannot give away now because of how well the Ipanemas work at any given track under any given condition. If you have a Kyosho IGT car, don't forget to look at the Evolva 2-speed upgrade (for either the IGT or IGT2); it will bullet-proof the transmission (stopping the stripping of gears) and smooths out the shifting of the car. Good luck running your GT car, no matter what brand you have.

Juan
Old 07-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default IPANEMA

I've ask around here in around my local area but nobody knows the brand. Does anybody know who is their main distributor or they pretty much do their own distribution. I'm in San Diego area this is not a popular class here but I would like to start it here electric or nitro version I can see the potential of this class growing due to 1/8 buggy is all over socal a conversion kit is all it takes to make it onroad.

Thanks a lot for the help!!!!
Old 07-14-2009, 10:55 PM
Tech Elite

Chris,

As you've read on this thread, Ipanema is dedicated to GT car racing and we've got the product line to back it up too.

RC Tech 1618 Sullivan Ave Suite#5, Daly City, CA. 94015 Phone: (650) 992-7600, is our 1 and only Dealer in all of California.

As more hobby shop owners "come around" and join our network, it will be easier for GT racers in California to enjoy the race proven quality products that have made Ipanema respected & used by "the fast guys".

In the mean time, please feel free to contact RC Tech in Daly City and visit our website.

Check out all we offer the serious GT racer and visit our "Where to Buy" page for a listing of all the Ipanema Dealers. You'll be glad you did.

Thanks and all the best!

www.ipanemasports.com
Old 07-18-2009, 11:44 PM
Tech Elite

Very cool video from GT racers in Norway!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaNIv...eature=related

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.