Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 10:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Baseline Settings as listed in the GT2 Manuals (specifically the one for the engine) are

HiSpeed.......3 Turns out
LowSpeed.... .5mm in from flush

Use a caliper to measure the low speed needle depth. An illustration is in the manuals.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Saw this a few pages back while the whole ROAR convertion was gonig on

The orange looks really nice here is a link to it on the japanese version of the site, but i passed it threw google translator for everyone to read if they wanted to

http://translate.google.com/translat...-8&sl=ja&tl=en
Old 10-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rpespo
Thanks, but there was also alot of luck involved in getting the podium too. During qualifying the mod cars were much faster than me and I figured I didn't stand a chance against them. All I wanted to do was try to run consistant and finish the race. Well during the main, one car ran out of gas, one did not start and two broke. Also, the track was very slick, the air temperature was only about 62 degrees and breezy. I think this helped to equalize the field a little too. If it had been warmer and the track had more grip I probably would have gotten blown away. Bottom line though was I had fun and didn't have to spend alot of money.

BTW... 3 days of racing in 2 classes at 301 for a total of $35 in track fees!!! Can't beat that!
Rich,

Congrats on the win! I wish I was there with you guys. In the spring I will have the new IGT2 and my DM-1 ready for action at the station; maybe you can teach me some tricks.

Can't wait for spring!!!

B
Old 10-22-2008, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

hey new to rc racing. got a inferno gt2. just finishe with the engine break in today. any tips on adjustments before i take it to the track?
Which set of tires are you guys using?any changes in car setup?
Old 10-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I put my Inferno GT on the track today with the 1/10 RRR guys and they blew me away.I didn't stand a chance...Is it me or are those guys just fast...
Any comments are appreciated.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timmo
I put my Inferno GT on the track today with the 1/10 RRR guys and they blew me away.I didn't stand a chance...Is it me or are those guys just fast...
Any comments are appreciated.
The GT Class of cars can not keep up with the smaller 1/10 TC cars around a race track, maybe on the straight portion of a track but never around a race track.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by vadn1
The GT Class of cars can not keep up with the smaller 1/10 TC cars around a race track, maybe on the straight portion of a track but never around a race track.
O.K. I feel better,that's exactly what happened.On the straight,I can out run them.But as soon as those corners come up,they just fly right through them.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:22 PM
Tech Addict

I have a question.Right now I'm using the stock Perfex radio.If I upgrade my radio will it make my car feel alot better.Is there a big difference from the stock radio??
Old 10-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Elies12
hey new to rc racing. got a inferno gt2. just finishe with the engine break in today. any tips on adjustments before i take it to the track?
Which set of tires are you guys using?any changes in car setup?
Here are some ideas

Good Luck!
Old 10-23-2008, 04:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timmo
I have a question.Right now I'm using the stock Perfex radio.If I upgrade my radio will it make my car feel alot better.Is there a big difference from the stock radio??
You get a major difference in response time, extended travel with your servos and more tunability, just by upgrading to an inexpensive DSM system like DX2 or FAAST. They are under $200. You will notice them the most if you are using good digital servos with properly adjusted endpoints.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MiamizFinest
Saw this a few pages back while the whole ROAR convertion was gonig on

The orange looks really nice here is a link to it on the japanese version of the site, but i passed it threw google translator for everyone to read if they wanted to

http://translate.google.com/translat...-8&sl=ja&tl=en
Is that a shifting differential in the center? I see alot of area that looks like a diff cup with an aluminum cap plate. A Sirio .24 truggy engine...that would open the door to some $290 and up, powerplants.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by crazysavage
A Sirio .24 truggy engine...that would open the door to some $290 and up, powerplants.
Yea, ya think......could that be why it's not available in the US?

Think "GT Spec Class" = Big Growth & "GT Open Class" = No Growth

How's your 401K these days? Hello
Old 10-23-2008, 12:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Yea, ya think......could that be why it's not available in the US?

Think "GT Spec Class" = Big Growth & "GT Open Class" = No Growth

How's your 401K these days? Hello
I'm not saying it was a good thing! I dont want to purchase a $300 engine to be competitive. That engine is supposed to rev to the moon with .21 mileage. I'm 100% for a spec class. The only rule I dont like is having to tote around a pull start on the back of my engine for no reason, and it has to be functional? My starter box smokes the one way in no time so I would have to purchase a $20 oneway bearing every race weekend. That's not cost control. Hello! And from what I understand it's on the way to the US. How on earth could you expect Kyosho not to sell it in the US? IT's coming.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am not sure that the term "spec class" necessarily means low cost. As an example, if the spec class limits the cost of engines in order to keep the playing field level it will place more emphasis on having the right tire for the temperature and track conditions. Jspeed indicates that he takes 5 (count em, 5) compounds of tires to the track with him. I don't know what you guys are paying for tires, but I think they are about $80 a set. So if you do the math 5 x $80 = $400. Heck, that is more that we pay for the complete ready to run cars.

In my opinion, we would save more money with spec tires than anything else. And that might help the 401K.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Dudes it's not like that

The only thing stopping racers from dropping wild Novarossi cranks into stock RTR engines is the pull start rule that some tracks use. One way problems? Never had them with the Kyosho IGT engines.

You don't have to buy every shore rubber tire there is if you know the track already. Down here in Florida the Ipanema 50 & 55 shore tires is all that's needed here now.

Colder climates may need softer shores, but once its known what works there, its cheap & easy.

Hope that helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.