Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

I bought my car when they first came out last october off ebay. I'm assuming it was bought before that so it is probably an early production car. I have to mow the grass today hopefully do not hit this dogbone while i'm mowing. I'm figuring its in my neighbors front yard Thanks for the info guys.

i settled for the stealth black grease by associated. If i wanted to order the mugen stuff the min order was 25 dollars. Oh well, it will be good enough for me

I think KMAC is right, i'm running my car a little wide, i like it that way. I should be able to if i want to. Thats why i ordered the Universal joints. It will be better for me.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-26-2004, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default Mike

Where did you order the universals from?
Old 04-26-2004, 09:36 AM
Tech Regular

shopatron.com they have them in stock. Well there website said they did. I paid 49.99 for them plus i got some other stuff i needed like gear diff case gaskets and the rear body mount posts. I need these parts asap because i can't drive my car now. I can't find the other dog bone, so i only have three If i order another set to replace the rear ones, i hate dog bones, i will definately order them from you.

Do i have to lube up my front one way? If so how do i go about doing that?

Also how do i adjust the clutch nut while the pinion gears and everythig is on the car. I want to make the clutch engage a little sooner than it is and i don't feel like taking it apart again. Can i adjust it without taking everything off??

THanks,
Mike
Old 04-26-2004, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

Here are some pics of my busted rear shock tower.

Mike
Old 04-26-2004, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

KMAC,
I see you made something for the front steering problem. How is that working out? Would you be willing to make me one i would pay for everything? I'm talking about how you drilled and machined those parts on page 35 of this thread. I do not have the skill or the machinery to do this. Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-26-2004, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default Budlight

I got news for you. Shopatron does not show in stock counts. I know for a fact that Trinity is out of stock on them. I have a few sets on backorder from them for two weeks now. I am getting them from my other distributor hopefully this week.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

Shoot.... Guess i won't be driving my car for a little while then. Thats ok i should be getting my pocket bike tomorrow. I can put around on that till i get my parts for this car.

Are they ever going to ahve better parts support for this car? Is anything interchangeable with the V-one rr evo?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-26-2004, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default hey Brightbluehaze

i live in melbourne fla. what part of fla. do u live in the g4 pro e-class is what i drive there are some tracks around there is 1 in lakeland,1 in kissimee called FullthrottleSpeedway it is 1/8 scale track . 1 in orlando , 1 in daytona. i hve the setups i use my eng is a Rody RBx12, with a jp modified crank.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:06 PM
Tech Regular

budlightnmyhand, I also have the early production G4. The front dogbones were causing a problem for me, but i didn't want to pay all that money for universals. I ended up using my brain, lol and i went to my lhs and bought some gs racing shock o -rings, exactly like the blue ones that come with the G4. All you have to do is add one gs ring on each side and the dogbones will have no play. Doing this will center the dogbone in the middle of the outdrives instead of letting the dogbone drop down to the diff outdrive b/c of gravity and cause it to fall out. Hope that made sense and it works, b/c it saved me alot of money. 3.50 vs. 40.00??? What a tough decision NOT. Hope that helps
Old 04-26-2004, 02:09 PM
Tech Regular

RCNUT - do the PMB setup stations come with the board too? What pricing should i be looking at? Thanks
Old 04-26-2004, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

problem is i already lost the dogbone and can't find it. I already ordered the Universal shafts now its all gravy.

Mike
Old 04-26-2004, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by budlightnmyhand
problem is i already lost the dogbone and can't find it. I already ordered the Universal shafts now its all gravy.

Mike
What!! I just wasted 5 min typing that out!! j/k its all good, and hope you get your g4 up and running soon
bballer
Old 04-26-2004, 02:27 PM
Tech Regular

fitted a set of v one r 3racing universals in my g4, cost me $14 i think, from hong kong
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=3390
Old 04-26-2004, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Instead of the o-rings I cut a short piece of fuel tubing and stuff it up in the drive cups; fits perfectly.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by budlightnmyhand
I did take my whole car apart and reassemble. I bought mine already put together and when i got it, the shocks leaked oil all over the car. So i took it apart and found pieces missing. I made sure to use the little green o rings with the dog bones, i still don't know why that one fell out.

Agg Daddy, if you ahve any close up pictures of your car i would like to see them. I just want to look over it and see if i notice anything about yours that i might have set up wrong. Like i said i'm very new to this and little thing i can learn is a great help. Pics of your suspension setup would be most helpful. I do have an integy setup station but pics would help me out better than seeing number of your camber and caster and toe.

Thanks,
Mike

I have pictures in several places but they aren't very detailed. Using a low budget camera I guess what I'm trying to say is just make sure every screw is tight and not loose. The standard screw that screws into plastic gets loose after a while. I would replace all of the bottom and front stiffener brace with 3x10 hex screws. I'll try and get a close up of my steering system posted soon.

http://www.geocities.com/aggace/g4-page.html

and here too

http://photos.yahoo.com/aggace

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.