Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 04:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

I cant wait for the new steering!
My steering caused me a DNF at the last race, it's so much play in it now that it takes the servos half range of movement to even start to steer and when i release the steering-wheel the steering stays in about 20 degrees steering..
Will probably get a K Factory alu steering slider until the new steering system gets here

BTW, who of you runs the low friction K Factory Belts? I have tried them but just after one race 3 tooths on the rear belt had just chipped off.. I guess that's better than what happened to my original belt before the A Main start at the last race. The rear belt just torn in half and stuck in the 2 speed / Clutch gears
The 10 minute delay for wrenching is good in those conditions Too bad the steering collapsed later in the race when i was in 4th
Old 07-12-2004, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

Default About the Italian design

what you see on the picture is a home made steering system
with the xray steering saver what also has to be mod. to fit see link
http://shop.the-border.nl/customer/p...75&cat=&page=2

for part nr,the whole mod. is lot of work i can tell you because i did copied myself the result is real good.
but not perfect because you have to rebuild the whole front section and drill a hole in you chassis
but i will prefer the new system because its more too the original design.
and Nick told me that it works great
i hope he will send me a.s.a.p the proto so i can tell you more

Ciao
Old 07-12-2004, 05:33 PM
Tech Addict

Default trinity support?

I heard a rumor that in the US the Team Magic G4 is no longer being carried or parts available from Trinity. Is this true?
Old 07-12-2004, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default tom

Tom,

Trinity is no longer selling the G4 kits because Powerline is carrying the new Evo Kit. Trinity is still carrying parts for the kits.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: About the Italian design

Originally posted by border r/c
what you see on the picture is a home made steering system
with the xray steering saver what also has to be mod. to fit see link
http://shop.the-border.nl/customer/p...75&cat=&page=2

for part nr,the whole mod. is lot of work i can tell you because i did copied myself the result is real good.
but not perfect because you have to rebuild the whole front section and drill a hole in you chassis
but i will prefer the new system because its more too the original design.
and Nick told me that it works great
i hope he will send me a.s.a.p the proto so i can tell you more

Ciao
Can you show some more closeups of where you drilled with this new homemade steering mod. I'm tired of waiting and i personally don't think the new one will work for very long either. Who knows, we only received one picture and i can't tell from the picture how it works anyways.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 07-12-2004, 08:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Sparx
I cant wait for the new steering!
My steering caused me a DNF at the last race, it's so much play in it now that it takes the servos half range of movement to even start to steer and when i release the steering-wheel the steering stays in about 20 degrees steering..
Will probably get a K Factory alu steering slider until the new steering system gets here

BTW, who of you runs the low friction K Factory Belts? I have tried them but just after one race 3 tooths on the rear belt had just chipped off.. I guess that's better than what happened to my original belt before the A Main start at the last race. The rear belt just torn in half and stuck in the 2 speed / Clutch gears
The 10 minute delay for wrenching is good in those conditions Too bad the steering collapsed later in the race when i was in 4th
use the kyosho belts for the v-one in my experience they seem to last longer. spraying wd-40 as a belt dressing really smoothens up the belts too.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

I've already got some Kyosho belts. I remember those lasted for nearly the whole season when i drove the RR
Old 07-13-2004, 05:35 AM
Tech Regular

has anyone tried to use the home made steering mod? If so how does the steering compare to the regular system when both systems are working correctly? Also if you have tried it please post some pictures of it.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 07-13-2004, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Upcoming Race!

Hello fellow racers! Sunday July 18th marks the first race for The Big Apple Radio Control Automoblile Racers Club! RACERS WHO LIKE TO HAVE A GOOD TIME AT THE TRACK... YOU ARE ALL OFFICIALLY INVITED TO OUR INAUGURAL RACE SUNDAY JULY 18TH!... COME HELP TO 'BREAK-IN' THE BIG APPLE!!! For out-of-towners I will look into the hotels closest to the track and post their info here. THE BIG APPLE 'BREAK-IN RUN'!!! CLASSES TO BE RUN ARE; 1/8TH 4wd OPEN 1/8TH 4wd GTP 200mm 1/10TH TOURING CAR The race will be held at Middlesex County College 2600 Woodbridge Ave Edison, NJ Lot# 6-A. You can use Expedia, Mapquest or Yahoo maps for directions to the race site. Our Web site is still in the works and will include amongst other things directions to our race site. The race will be run by seasoned veteran Mr. Tom Baffer Sr. who has put on more great races than most. We are confident we will have a smooth day. In preperation for the event we will hold our own 'MOCK RACE' prior to the race to test the system's capabilities and assure you a good day of racing. The clubs officers are all working VERY hard to make this and every event we hold a memorable one! EVERYBODY BRING YOUR 'A' GAME OR (as Charlie Williams says) MARINATE!:-) Hope to see you there! Chavo Figueroa Big Apple R/C If you have any questions my e-mail addy is [email protected]
Old 07-13-2004, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the stiffer front lower A-arms? What difference did you notice?

Paul
Old 07-13-2004, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i have tried homemade sterring. this sunday i was at nercar race with that steering. it was almost as smooth as mtx3 steering. however since there is not real servo saver i stripped the gears opn my steering servo when someone bumped me. i was in the a main and was out after 15 mninutes because of that. i still managed to finish 9th.
i am sick of this g4 steering crap and switching to mtx3. i am buying it from a friend of mine.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default racing

Brooklynrc,
sorry I missed you this weekend, but I had family things, sprung on me by the misses, I am sure that everyone can sympathize with me. Whatcha gunna do. I will get my but to some tracks soon..... I will try to get to the Big apple race, but I dont know yet..
TTYL
Old 07-13-2004, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Ah, just got back from 5 star basketball camp and my aunt and uncles in baltimore, and didn't look at this thread for a while. Its great too see the new updated system finally coming out soon along with more ideas from other racers Keep it up TM!
Old 07-13-2004, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

Tomkelley, talked to you on the phone a few weeks ago, just got the email that the club races are cancelled, but i will try to check out the August 1 race
Old 07-13-2004, 11:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

does anybody here own both the r40 and g4? i just want some feedback how do you compare the two? like handling, accelaration or w/c one do you like better? any info will be appreciated, thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.