Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity G4 - Team Magic G4 E-Type

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 06:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Lycan... Where are you getting your facts from on the stock spring rate??? TM does not list it nor is it on the package that the stock spring come in retail... I have the spring set and color coding per spring... The stock silver spring are not 1.7mm in spring weight... More like 1.4mm-1.3mm The listing for 1.7mm are the red/orange spring and compared to the gray Mugen, they are the same.. I know this is not important to some... but sping rating is important when setting up your car for different tracks/driving styles... If you can post the link to where you found the stock spring rating... Please do... Thanks

RC_Alan
Old 02-23-2004, 11:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mmm, ok... maybe I'm wrong but on page 6 of the manual, under the options parts area it mentiones:

502140 Shock Spring 1.7mm (Silver).

Its the only one listed with a colour next to it so I assumed it was the stock unit (e.g. giving you a starting point for the purchase of harder/softer springs).

The Kyosho 1.7's feel the same as the TM to me.

Lycan
Old 02-23-2004, 06:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

After my last post, I read the optional parts listed on page 6... Strange thing, TM lists 502140 as Blue in there shock spring table at 1.7mm. The silver spring is not even listed and when you compare the two springs, the silver feel much softer then the 1.7mm blue spring. Maybe Nikko from TM can clear this up... Lycan, you're correct in your reference of pg. 6 and page 33. I believe TM made an error in there spring rating.... Even like I posted before, the shock silver spring in it's retail package does not list it's rating ... Lycan, thanks again for your info and help... For the most part, I've been using Mugen springs anyway...

RC_Alan
Old 02-23-2004, 06:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

What happen to the Trinity's forum support of the G4??? Can't find a post, past or present anywhere... It's like they wipe everything posted on the G4 off it's Forum site...

Not trying to flame... Just very
Old 02-23-2004, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by rc_alan
What happen to the Trinity's forum support of the G4??? Can't find a post, past or present anywhere... It's like they wipe everything posted on the G4 off it's Forum site...

Not trying to flame... Just very
maybe they have lost faith lol
Old 02-23-2004, 09:03 PM
Tech Champion

The G4 is a fantastic Noisy tourer, i race an Eagle boxed G4 Pro for the local distributor her is Aus so the car has been pretty good. No worn/broken parts, no silly issues.

So my main issue so far has been off power understeer and general chassis balance, but i'm working on it. I'm going to start playing with shock positions / oils and spring setups at my next club meeting.

Ive also been running "rear" compounds on the front to get steering, i want to move away from this trend and it's only masking my understeer issues.
Old 02-23-2004, 10:11 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hey you're right Trinity G-4's gone????

Rc_Alan- You are right Trinity has even removed the kit off Trinity Web Site. Wassup with that????

RCNut- Is Trinity and Team Magic done????

If they have dissolved their relationship I wonder who will be the US Distributor????

Old 02-24-2004, 03:48 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Hey you're right Trinity G-4's gone????

Originally posted by Nitropimp
Rc_Alan- You are right Trinity has even removed the kit off Trinity Web Site. Wassup with that????

RCNut- Is Trinity and Team Magic done????

If they have dissolved their relationship I wonder who will be the US Distributor????

its still there, but Team Magic or any other co could do a much better job than trini..ty

http://www.teamtrinity.com/cars/G4/G4.asp
Old 02-24-2004, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default trinity

Trinity is still carrying the car, I picked 2 kits up yesterday. THey may have been doing maintenance to the site
Old 02-24-2004, 07:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

I was only refering to there forum support of the G4... Trinity has inventory of kits and parts they have to move... I heard that TM is trying to find a different US. Distributor of the G4.... Can't say who said it... We'll just have to wait and see... So yes, you can still buy the G4 and parts from Trinity, but there forum support is gone and all past posts, questions and answers are gone as well. It was nice to chat with a Team driver of the G4 like Josh Cyrul... Wow, times have changes and I don't see anyone there supporting the G4 in there forums... Not one Team driver... No one. Team Magic should really try to sell kits and parts of it's car themselves... They even have a 1/8th scale onroad car and look very nice... Team Magic, we're behind you 100% Please help your customers support you and the G4 as well.

RC_Alan

Again... Not flaming Trinity, it's just what's going on over there... And yes, I'm aware that Josh has left Trinity last year as well.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default Trinity

I was there yesterday, they appear to in the middle of some employee turnover problems. They are short handed and are trying to maintain their customer base with what they have. They should be back on their feet real soon. I have had no problems with them yet. I even noticed that they had the black pixi with the threaded shaft in their power kits instead of the g4 shaft. They are replacing all the engines for the kits I sold and even offered to send the engine to Germany for me to one of my customers. They are working hard to help out and I also informed them of the gas tank problem and they are working on that too.
Old 02-24-2004, 04:00 PM
Tech Addict

Default Trinity???

I heard that Trinity lost NovaRossi.........................

Trininity seems to be having problems. I mean Josh Cyrul as a Team driver. Losing Novarossi and then maybe Team Magic?????
Old 02-24-2004, 06:39 PM

Originally posted by afm
Just for the records, I'm not complaining, rather regreting that because of economical policies, Euro is stronger than U$Dollar, and so is the British Pound, but that is out of our hands, and so of the HS in Europe.
But I'm guessing that E-Mail shops in Europe could reduce their prices for outside countries, by selling us from an impounded customs wharehouse (before they pay their local duties) and reship us from there.
AFM
I do not know exactly how many distributor are they in Europe.. but I bet there is only one in at least for major side of the area. You would be surprise as for prices when there are more than 1 distributor to compete in the same major area. It should be more fair for the business.

How much exactly the import duty for toys in Europe?
Old 02-24-2004, 08:45 PM

Default spare parts

i will have my G4 sat and was wondering what spare parts i should stock up on(parts that break most) and where is a good place to get the aftermarket stuff for it thanks jesse
Old 02-24-2004, 11:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

First, get the rear Alum/graphite shock tower... You can never have enough belts... If you can locate one, get the K-factory or GPM upgrade chassic... Get the OFNA shock bladder kit for $3.00 for building your shocks... the stock one and a tad bit to small and won't work well. Oh, and the Team Magic tune pipe is a must have for all .12 racing motors.. Keep you steering servo saver clean before and after racing. Don't use oils or nitro cleaners... Use an air blower and lube it before you run with some graphite powder. You should be ok other then that... The car is great and you'll find online shops like The-bordor, RC-Mart, RC-model and a couple in the states like RCNUt and www.hobbywarehouse.us

Good luck and take your time building your car.

RC_Alan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.