Community
Wiki Posts
Search

200mm nitro touring car hot again!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Why not have Mfg class, and the Mfg pays to support that class to the racing bodies... It has been done for year in Go Karts... After all only that Mfg cars could be ran... Just a thought
Old 08-22-2007, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Think about this... These suggestion and proof of concept have been posted before. The next step is someone or a group stepping forward and doing it. But as this is a hell of a lot of work, people sit on the side lines, waiting for some one else to do it.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Harry,

During the RC Pro Homestead Miami Speedway race, Sony PS2 had a huge “Rig” right across our track for people to play their video games.

The truth is that we had more people interested in R/C racing all weekend long. I think Sony PS2 learned something too.

there may be hope....

but, then again, having them watch something they haven't seen, as a diversion to what they see(or play) every day, is one thing. Having them get involved, spend their money, and have as much fun as playing vid games, is another....

trust me( as a 360 online gamer)......

when online gaming started to grow, the lack of interest for EVERYTHING hobby/sport/fun related declined......

ask any little league coach.......
Old 08-22-2007, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Why not have Mfg class, and the Mfg pays to support that class to the racing bodies... It has been done for year in Go Karts... After all only that Mfg cars could be ran... Just a thought
I like the idea but why limit it to one manufacturer? Legitimate question, not trying to bash you idea. I'm not a Karter so I don't know if that is how it's done there. There is a Porsche Cup series in full scale racing, so it could be successful.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Think about this... These suggestion and proof of concept have been posted before. The next step is someone or a group stepping forward and doing it. But as this is a hell of a lot of work, people sit on the side lines, waiting for some one else to do it.
Who would we contact? Again not a rhetorical question. I made the suggestion earlier about contacting ESPN. Well, I don't know anyone in Bristol but I do know how to contact the local FOX, CBS and NBC affiliates here in DC and I will work with our track organizer to get a press release to them in advance of our next big race, the I-95 Shoot-Out.

I have seen the local affiliates cover non-mainstream local sports, so that may be the best place to start. If guy is getting 8000 at Bass Pro, we really need to get a camera crew out there.

31 cents
Old 08-22-2007, 08:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fastharry
there may be hope....

but, then again, having them watch something they haven't seen, as a diversion to what they see(or play) every day, is one thing. Having them get involved, spend their money, and have as much fun as playing vid games, is another....

trust me( as a 360 online gamer)......

when online gaming started to grow, the lack of interest for EVERYTHING hobby/sport/fun related declined......

ask any little league coach.......
I agree with that completely with that last point. But that comes from lazy parents. My niece and nephew have both game systems but my brother and sister-in-law will not let them sit inside and play them unless it is too hot, rainy or dark to be outside.

I'm not sure if we can really combat that issue. But increasing the visibility can only increase the number of conversions (from PS3 couch potato to R/C gearhead)

this is getting expensive...36 cents
Old 08-22-2007, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by va_connoisseur
Who would we contact? Again not a rhetorical question. I made the suggestion earlier about contacting ESPN. Well, I don't know anyone in Bristol but I do know how to contact the local FOX, CBS and NBC affiliates here in DC and I will work with our track organizer to get a press release to them in advance of our next big race, the I-95 Shoot-Out.

I have seen the local affiliates cover non-mainstream local sports, so that may be the best place to start. If guy is getting 8000 at Bass Pro, we really need to get a camera crew out there.

31 cents
I agree, so with the very large number of people here on RCTech, you would think someone would know of a contact to get started with. But getting the step up is another thing.

Here in Jackson, I can get TV out to the track that is not a problem, for a 2 min stop on the news (feel good spot) but to cover a 45 mins Nitro Main... that is not going to happen, unless we mount guns on the cars and shoot animals as we race to score more points, now that could work!!! What if we get a gerbil and a little helmet on his head and put him in the car for the race... Yep they would carry that on TV, after all they carry fishing, which about like watching paint dry... PETA would be all over this, thus the TV cameras would be rolling… Thus R/C on TV… Not the best way, but you would get it on TV.

PS. I'm the guy that is doing the bass pro races...

Believe me, I'm not making fun of you, I'm making fun of the Shows they put out on TV...
Old 08-22-2007, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

I agree with that completely with that last point. But that comes from lazy parents. My niece and nephew have both game systems but my brother and sister-in-law will not let them sit inside and play them unless it is too hot, rainy or dark to be outside.

I'm not sure if we can really combat that issue. But increasing the visibility can only increase the number of conversions (from PS3 couch potato to R/C gearhead)

this is getting expensive...36 cents
Game systems are a poor mans baby sitter... R/C... they would have to spend time with the kids...

I'm with you guys all the way... I think it is sad that parents are not spend time with the kids... And not all parents are like this, so do not flame me about how you do what with your children....
Old 08-22-2007, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

I agree, so with the very large number of people here on RCTech, you would think someone would know of a contact to get started with. But getting the step up is another thing.

Here in Jackson, I can get TV out to the track that is not a problem, for a 2 min stop on the news (feel good spot) but to cover a 45 mins Nitro Main... that is not going to happen, unless we mount guns on the cars and shoot animals as we race to score more points, now that could work!!! What if we get a gerbil and a little helmet on his head and put him in the car for the race... Yep they would carry that on TV, after all they carry fishing, which about like watching paint dry... PETA would be all over this, thus the TV cameras would be rolling… Thus R/C on TV… Not the best way, but you would get it on TV.

PS. I'm the guy that is doing the bass pro races...

Believe me, I'm not making fun of you, I'm making fun of the Shows they put out on TV...
I didn't take it wrong. Trust me, I am the King of sardonic humor. Hell, Michael Vick only lives 20 minutes from my parents, we could get him to Turn Marshall your event...

Seriously though, getting them a 2 minute spot on TV is where the local interests starts. I'm an avid fisherman and I can tell you, I have logged a many of Sunday morning, watching fishing/hunting shows while making breakfast.

It's about access and visibility. If people will watch poker (That's worse then paint drying, that's watching water be wet) I know the will watch R/C.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

I like the idea but why limit it to one manufacturer? Legitimate question, not trying to bash you idea. I'm not a Karter so I don't know if that is how it's done there. There is a Porsche Cup series in full scale racing, so it could be successful.
OK agreed.. get something started and let us know how it works out.. That is what some of us are doing, trying things, and coming here to report how it working. What may work for say Southern CA, may not work in Jackson, MS. But letting everyone know what you ran into, what worked, what you tried and what did not work, and why it did not work, is all very important information to share.

I was just giving a example of how you could make a good entry price point into R/C and get it supported... One mfg's equipment would support that mfg's revenue and in turn they would support your race program, or that class... Which would expose newbies to more classes and more styles of racing. Think about it if you had a GT class, and say Jimmy gets in, runs in it.. Finds out about off-road 1/8 scale and thinks hey that is what I'm looking for, he purchase the equipment and gets hooked...

The basic questions are: How do I get more exposure, How do I get interested people into this hobby, and what is a fair and reasonable price point that they will give it a try. For me that is RTR elec, with a 55T motor and stick pack batteries. Up until reading what Jspeed is doing over at RC Pro (a friend) I did not have a solution for Nitro... But now he has provided some ideas and it is time for me to figure if it could work here locally, and are there and improvements that could done, and share them.

5 minds working is always better then 1.

Sorry I know it looks like I'm taking issue you, with all my replies.. But I'm not, you are causing me to think and say more stuff which great, this what it all about, sharing ideas and thinking them though... I really like the fact that everyone treating this topic like a think tank and sharing the experinces we have had...
Old 08-22-2007, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Default Hot?

Well said my friend!
Old 08-22-2007, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

I didn't take it wrong. Trust me, I am the King of sardonic humor. Hell, Michael Vick only lives 20 minutes from my parents, we could get him to Turn Marshall your event...

Seriously though, getting them a 2 minute spot on TV is where the local interests starts. I'm an avid fisherman and I can tell you, I have logged a many of Sunday morning, watching fishing/hunting shows while making breakfast.
Vick would look funny chained to the marshall spot.. (treat him like he treated the dogs... LMAO)

Fishing and R/C that is a confussing combination, but hey if you like it, I'm in support of that...

What I would like to see is a 25K shoot out of Nitro Sedan (only) on ESPN, the A main (15 cars, not 10 or 12 and a good size track), 45 mins and the Bud girls working the event. Now how do we make that happen. Hell I do not care about the loction in the US, or who can make it happen, just let's do it... I really think that ESPN would give it a try if we could find the contact at ESPN.. You know with money on the table like that you would get a great A Main of drivers and I can not think of a beer company that would not do this.. as long as you have a beer tent...

Last edited by bvoltz; 08-22-2007 at 08:52 AM.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Default Hot?

No need to limit a "GT" class to any one manufacturer, we just want to promote the companies that support what we’re doing.

Since I started working with RC Pro I have had to deal with “political” attitudes against “Cash Money” racing. There is even prominent R/C manufacturer's American division that has been trying to get me fired from my position at RC Pro for the past year. What's up what that?
Old 08-22-2007, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Default Hot?

[QUOTE=bvoltz;3604959][QUOTE=va_connoisseur;3604916]I didn't take it wrong. Trust me, I am the King of sardonic humor. Hell, Michael Vick only lives 20 minutes from my parents, we could get him to Turn Marshall your event...

Vick would look funny chained to the marshall spot.. (treat him like he treated the dogs... LMAO)

Fishing and R/C that is a confussing combination, but hey if you like it, I'm in support of that...

What I would like to see is a 25K shoot out of Nitro Sedan (only) on ESPN, the A main (15 cars, not 10 or 12 and a good size track), 45 mins and the Bud girls working the event. Now how do we make that happen. Hell I do not care about the loction in the US, or who can make it happen, just let's do it... I really think that ESPN would give it a try if we could find the contact at ESPN.. You know with money on the table like that you would get a great A Main of drivers and I can not think of a beer company that would not do this.. as long as you have a beer tent...

Barry,
Watch out, you’ll have the “moral police” after you, lol
Old 08-22-2007, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=Jspeed;3604980][QUOTE=bvoltz;3604959]

Seriously though, getting them a 2 minute spot on TV is where the local interests starts. I'm an avid fisherman and I can tell you, I have logged a many of Sunday morning, watching fishing/hunting shows while making breakfast. [/U][/B]

Barry,
Watch out, you’ll have the “moral police” after you, lol
they know were to find me...

I see a changing of the guard, in order for R/C to live on... Sorry but it time to let go of the past and write the next chapter in the history of R/C...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.