200mm nitro touring car hot again!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

200mm nitro touring car hot again!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default 200mm nitro touring car hot again!!!

hey all:With the nitro touring car class hot again do you think associated yokomo tamiya and or schumacher will get back in this class?Thanks for the info
Old 08-12-2007, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b-man777
hey all:With the nitro touring car class hot again do you think associated yokomo tamiya and or schumacher will get back in this class?Thanks for the info
I don't really think the class is all that hot. Xray has helped with a new car, but only time will tell. Nitro onroad isn't all that strong as a whole.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

ya its not that strong but i and many others think its the most fun.
theres so much involved almost like a real car.
but i dont think theres alot of money for company's to be made so i dont think you'll see them with anything new.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yeah. Very true guys. There are afew of us here in northern california that are trying our best to promote more nitro sedan racing. It's not as strong as it use to be ( 3-4 years ago ). I remember having 3-4 stacked heats of expert sedan drivers and 2-3 full stacked heats of sportsman sedan. Now, it's more like 1-2 heats of expert sedan with only 5-6 drivers per heat and one heat of sportsman. Billy Bowerman and RiverCity RC ( SpeedWorld raceway in Sacramento ) have been doing a great job in promoting nitro sedan racing program. There's a 3 hour enduro race on Sept. 23 for nitro sedan. This race has been sparking up some interest for sedans.

Also, 1/8th scale on-road has been increasing over here as well. Most of the time, the Rams club will have a "E" main in 1/8th scale open and a " B-C " main in sportsman. I think most of the guys that use to race sedan graduated to 1/8th scale on-road. And, this is a 1/8th scale Worlds year. I think thats why most companies are focusing all of thier efforts for the 1/8th scale worlds held in Argentina this year in October. Scott has a good point. Xray has been doing a great job by promoting nitro sedan with thier new NT1 car. Like what Scott says, " Only time will tell. "
Old 08-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well here in florida the problem is HEATand tracks not holding races..This summer u have big tracks trying to help out(Port Charlotte Fort Myers)holding a summer series..Hope this gets guys back into it..
Old 08-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Adept

yea it is realHOT,,4th "b" main YEA!!!
Old 08-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

dont forget we got xray but lost hpi & associated we need to add cars and keep them going
Old 08-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Tech Addict

ON the EAST it never dies so to say it is hot again is an understatement....
!/8 is growing from the bail outs on the 1/10 scene but it is still strong and getting stronger each year here........
Old 08-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

In my area of Dallas, TX, 200mm nitro is on life support. The main club track has had to currently suspend operations due to non-attendance and not the excessive heat. From what I gather from buddies in other areas, 1/8th scale offroad is taking over where touring car once was. It is the latest fad/craze that is sweeping the country. Even 1/8th scale offroad is being pushed by the major R/C magazines over all other forms of r/c racing.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

im new to the nitro racing scene but have had my car for a couple years and i have scene ntro die they took out the onroad track to make a better offroad track were i went to practice. i dont know of any tracks that are nitro here in so cal.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by rollagen
im new to the nitro racing scene but have had my car for a couple years and i have scene ntro die they took out the onroad track to make a better offroad track were i went to practice. i dont know of any tracks that are nitro here in so cal.

there are 2 active tracks in So Cal-just view the KOPROPO point series forum-

IMHO, onroad racing is not as easy as offroad racing to the nubee- take away the offroad RTR kits, and the numbers might start to look similar. On the expert end of racing, all forms of racing are equally difficult
Old 08-13-2007, 12:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default nitro touring car

hey all:One other thing comes to mind about 200mm nitro touring cars and that is while they may be fun in most parts of the country you can't run them outdoors in the winter so that's what i think is makeing electric sedans more popular as a whole.Just my thoughts
Old 08-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Tech Regular

Figure I will throw my 3 cents in being a convert from off-road to on-road 200mm touring.

The whole thing is can be boiled down to a few things:

1. Access. I switched because there is now an on-road permanent track within 30 miles of my home. I like on-road because it's closer to "real racing" to me. But if 301 did not exist, I would still be running my T-Maxx and Revo.

2. Commitment. It takes a lot to switch because the off-road scene is easier. Not a knock to the off-roader but getting as Revo/T-Maxx ready to race is a lot less intense (time and money) them getting a MTX-4R or NT-1 ready for the track.

3. Such a big difference between the RTR and kits in 200mm. For the most part, you can buy a Losi 8ight RTR and with not effort, make it a pro-level racer. There is no current 200mm RTR that can realistically be made competitive against the top cars (with the exception of may be the Team Magic car).

4. Coverage. Most major magazines cover off-road in more depth then on-road. Also, I will say this to I am blue in the face, if ESPN can show poker 2 hours a day, every day, there has to be time for/interest in R/C racing.

OK, rant over.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by va_connoisseur
I will say this to I am blue in the face, if ESPN can show poker 2 hours a day, every day, there has to be time for/interest in R/C racing.
+1
Old 08-13-2007, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
In my area of Dallas, TX, 200mm nitro is on life support. The main club track has had to currently suspend operations due to non-attendance and not the excessive heat. From what I gather from buddies in other areas, 1/8th scale offroad is taking over where touring car once was. It is the latest fad/craze that is sweeping the country. Even 1/8th scale offroad is being pushed by the major R/C magazines over all other forms of r/c racing.
All the hot classes are the cheapest to race imho. Off road is just cheaper.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.