Search

Mugen MTX-2

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2002, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default Re: Engine wear

Originally posted by Cartman
ok i have a JP engine and i posted it was cutting and poor idle i have done a stip and the rod is loose on the crank pin, tried a new rod and still the same though not as bad!
what could cause this?? i have only done 4 nationals (curently 3rd ) and two club meetings old???
and can you post a link to jp i cant find it
Thanks
Cartman, as I said above, it sounds like you have an airleak, check the carb and head.
Old 07-07-2002, 02:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Engine wear

Originally posted by Novarossi

Cartman, as I said above, it sounds like you have an airleak, check the carb and head.
the crank pin and the rod badly worn this is the fault, I did find a pin hole in the fuel pipe so it must have been running lean, I now need a piston/liner/crank for my JP

Last edited by Cartman; 07-07-2002 at 02:27 AM.
Old 07-07-2002, 04:50 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Engine wear

the crank pin and the rod badly worn this is the fault, I did find a pin hole in the fuel pipe so it must have been running lean, I now need a piston/liner/crank for my JP
the crank should be fine and you can just get a plain nova rod and piston and sleeve just copy the work that was done to the sleeve. or try somethung different like gen 2 rtu sleeve. well i think that it was gen 2 well it is a pic from rcca
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-2-11.jpg  
Old 07-07-2002, 07:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Engine wear

Originally posted by nova racer
the crank should be fine and you can just get a plain nova rod and piston and sleeve just copy the work that was done to the sleeve. or try somethung different like gen 2 rtu sleeve. well i think that it was gen 2 well it is a pic from rcca
have measured the crank pin and its tappered and oval so it is dead!!
going to let osrocket treat the liner
Old 07-07-2002, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Jaco has a new line of foam tires and they are 30mm wide. There has to be a way to fit these tires on the front. If not I wish there was. I know about the rear arm conversion by Kawahara. I thought they had a front steering knuckle conversion also. Guys with NTC3's had these things on full width and I had to cut mine down to about 24-25mm front and back. The Mugen was still good but I had some push. With a one way no less.

Last edited by Isaac; 07-07-2002 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-07-2002, 10:20 PM
Tech Adept

Hi fellas, just to let you know... I will be removing the MTX-2 pages on my site in a month or so. Even though I posted on the front page that I don't maintain that site, I still get a lot of E-mails about it.

Any information that carries over to the MRX-3 will move over to the MRX-3 pages (Spring charts, etc). Anything specific to the MTX-2 will be removed all together so you may want to come over and download anything that you may need in the next few weeks.

*edit*
If anyone has or knows of a good quality MTX-2 site, I will link that site on the sole remaining page when I am done.
Old 07-08-2002, 02:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Manbik
Hi fellas, just to let you know... I will be removing the MTX-2 pages on my site in a month or so. Even though I posted on the front page that I don't maintain that site, I still get a lot of E-mails about it.

Any information that carries over to the MRX-3 will move over to the MRX-3 pages (Spring charts, etc). Anything specific to the MTX-2 will be removed all together so you may want to come over and download anything that you may need in the next few weeks.

*edit*
If anyone has or knows of a good quality MTX-2 site, I will link that site on the sole remaining page when I am done.
Why Mr Jenkins?
Old 07-08-2002, 03:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Manbik

*edit*
Can't you leave it there??
Old 07-08-2002, 03:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default worn cranks

does anyone repair the crank pin if its worn??
Old 07-08-2002, 03:43 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: worn cranks

does anyone repair the crank pin if its worn??
buy a new one !
Old 07-08-2002, 04:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Alluminium pulleys

Does anybody have alluminium pulleys on their MTX-2? Do they still get wrecked if a small stone gets caught in them? Are the mugen pulleys OK or are there other brands?
I am sure AH10 has them as they are a hop-up item!
Old 07-08-2002, 04:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: worn cranks

Originally posted by Manticore

buy a new one !

im too tight and its a JP whats the red stuff in the middle?
Old 07-08-2002, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Isaac
Jaco has a new line of foam tires and they are 30mm wide. There has to be a way to fit these tires on the front. If not I wish there was. I know about the rear arm conversion by Kawahara. I thought they had a front steering knuckle conversion also. Guys with NTC3's had these things on full width and I had to cut mine down to about 24-25mm front and back. The Mugen was still good but I had some push. With a one way no less.
Any info?
Old 07-08-2002, 05:21 AM
Tech Regular

SHARP: I use the Kawahara in mine and have no problems with stones like I use to with the stock plastic.
Old 07-08-2002, 05:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Isaac

Any info?
Isaac, I think it is better for you to use 26 mm in the front. If you use 1mm washer in the front you won't need to trim the tires.

Where in MD do you race?

Later

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.