Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-07-2002, 02:34 AM   #2281
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default Re: Engine wear

Quote:
Originally posted by Cartman
ok i have a JP engine and i posted it was cutting and poor idle i have done a stip and the rod is loose on the crank pin, tried a new rod and still the same though not as bad!
what could cause this?? i have only done 4 nationals (curently 3rd ) and two club meetings old???
and can you post a link to jp i cant find it
Thanks
Cartman, as I said above, it sounds like you have an airleak, check the carb and head.
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 03:22 AM   #2282
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Cartman
Default Re: Re: Engine wear

Quote:
Originally posted by Novarossi

Cartman, as I said above, it sounds like you have an airleak, check the carb and head.
the crank pin and the rod badly worn this is the fault, I did find a pin hole in the fuel pipe so it must have been running lean, I now need a piston/liner/crank for my JP

Last edited by Cartman; 07-07-2002 at 03:27 AM.
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 05:50 AM   #2283
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Engine wear

Quote:

the crank pin and the rod badly worn this is the fault, I did find a pin hole in the fuel pipe so it must have been running lean, I now need a piston/liner/crank for my JP
the crank should be fine and you can just get a plain nova rod and piston and sleeve just copy the work that was done to the sleeve. or try somethung different like gen 2 rtu sleeve. well i think that it was gen 2 well it is a pic from rcca
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11.jpg (5.1 KB, 84 views)
nova racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 08:28 AM   #2284
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Engine wear

Quote:
Originally posted by nova racer
the crank should be fine and you can just get a plain nova rod and piston and sleeve just copy the work that was done to the sleeve. or try somethung different like gen 2 rtu sleeve. well i think that it was gen 2 well it is a pic from rcca
have measured the crank pin and its tappered and oval so it is dead!!
going to let osrocket treat the liner
Old 07-07-2002, 03:10 PM   #2285
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Jaco has a new line of foam tires and they are 30mm wide. There has to be a way to fit these tires on the front. If not I wish there was. I know about the rear arm conversion by Kawahara. I thought they had a front steering knuckle conversion also. Guys with NTC3's had these things on full width and I had to cut mine down to about 24-25mm front and back. The Mugen was still good but I had some push. With a one way no less.

Last edited by Isaac; 07-07-2002 at 03:13 PM.
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 11:20 PM   #2286
Tech Adept

Hi fellas, just to let you know... I will be removing the MTX-2 pages on my site in a month or so. Even though I posted on the front page that I don't maintain that site, I still get a lot of E-mails about it.

Any information that carries over to the MRX-3 will move over to the MRX-3 pages (Spring charts, etc). Anything specific to the MTX-2 will be removed all together so you may want to come over and download anything that you may need in the next few weeks.

*edit*
If anyone has or knows of a good quality MTX-2 site, I will link that site on the sole remaining page when I am done.
Manbik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 03:26 AM   #2287
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Manbik
Hi fellas, just to let you know... I will be removing the MTX-2 pages on my site in a month or so. Even though I posted on the front page that I don't maintain that site, I still get a lot of E-mails about it.

Any information that carries over to the MRX-3 will move over to the MRX-3 pages (Spring charts, etc). Anything specific to the MTX-2 will be removed all together so you may want to come over and download anything that you may need in the next few weeks.

*edit*
If anyone has or knows of a good quality MTX-2 site, I will link that site on the sole remaining page when I am done.
Why Mr Jenkins?
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 04:19 AM   #2288
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Manbik

*edit*
Can't you leave it there??
Old 07-08-2002, 04:20 AM   #2289
Tech Fanatic

Default worn cranks

does anyone repair the crank pin if its worn??
Old 07-08-2002, 04:43 AM   #2290
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: worn cranks

Quote:
does anyone repair the crank pin if its worn??
buy a new one !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 05:19 AM   #2291
Tech Apprentice

Default Alluminium pulleys

Does anybody have alluminium pulleys on their MTX-2? Do they still get wrecked if a small stone gets caught in them? Are the mugen pulleys OK or are there other brands?
I am sure AH10 has them as they are a hop-up item!
SHARP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 05:31 AM   #2292
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: worn cranks

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore

buy a new one !

im too tight and its a JP whats the red stuff in the middle?
Old 07-08-2002, 06:13 AM   #2293
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Isaac
Jaco has a new line of foam tires and they are 30mm wide. There has to be a way to fit these tires on the front. If not I wish there was. I know about the rear arm conversion by Kawahara. I thought they had a front steering knuckle conversion also. Guys with NTC3's had these things on full width and I had to cut mine down to about 24-25mm front and back. The Mugen was still good but I had some push. With a one way no less.
Any info?
Old 07-08-2002, 06:21 AM   #2294
Tech Regular

SHARP: I use the Kawahara in mine and have no problems with stones like I use to with the stock plastic.
RC Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 06:28 AM   #2295
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Isaac

Any info?
Isaac, I think it is better for you to use 26 mm in the front. If you use 1mm washer in the front you won't need to trim the tires.

Where in MD do you race?

Later
Pepe is offline   Reply With Quote