R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2002, 02:34 AM   #2281
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default Re: Engine wear

Quote:
Originally posted by Cartman
ok i have a JP engine and i posted it was cutting and poor idle i have done a stip and the rod is loose on the crank pin, tried a new rod and still the same though not as bad!
what could cause this?? i have only done 4 nationals (curently 3rd ) and two club meetings old???
and can you post a link to jp i cant find it
Thanks
Cartman, as I said above, it sounds like you have an airleak, check the carb and head.
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 03:22 AM   #2282
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 927
Send a message via ICQ to Cartman
Default Re: Re: Engine wear

Quote:
Originally posted by Novarossi


Cartman, as I said above, it sounds like you have an airleak, check the carb and head.
the crank pin and the rod badly worn this is the fault, I did find a pin hole in the fuel pipe so it must have been running lean, I now need a piston/liner/crank for my JP
__________________
Dremel UK - Schumacher Racing - Vapextech UK - MBModels UK - MRT

Last edited by Cartman; 07-07-2002 at 03:27 AM.
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 05:50 AM   #2283
Tech Regular
 
nova racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ypsilanti MI
Posts: 292
Default Re: Re: Re: Engine wear

Quote:
Originally posted by Cartman


the crank pin and the rod badly worn this is the fault, I did find a pin hole in the fuel pipe so it must have been running lean, I now need a piston/liner/crank for my JP
the crank should be fine and you can just get a plain nova rod and piston and sleeve just copy the work that was done to the sleeve. or try somethung different like gen 2 rtu sleeve. well i think that it was gen 2 well it is a pic from rcca
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11.jpg (5.1 KB, 84 views)
nova racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 08:28 AM   #2284
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 927
Send a message via ICQ to Cartman
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Engine wear

Quote:
Originally posted by nova racer
the crank should be fine and you can just get a plain nova rod and piston and sleeve just copy the work that was done to the sleeve. or try somethung different like gen 2 rtu sleeve. well i think that it was gen 2 well it is a pic from rcca
have measured the crank pin and its tappered and oval so it is dead!!
going to let osrocket treat the liner
__________________
Dremel UK - Schumacher Racing - Vapextech UK - MBModels UK - MRT
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 03:10 PM   #2285
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,984
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Jaco has a new line of foam tires and they are 30mm wide. There has to be a way to fit these tires on the front. If not I wish there was. I know about the rear arm conversion by Kawahara. I thought they had a front steering knuckle conversion also. Guys with NTC3's had these things on full width and I had to cut mine down to about 24-25mm front and back. The Mugen was still good but I had some push. With a one way no less.
__________________
wilsonproperties1.com

Last edited by Isaac; 07-07-2002 at 03:13 PM.
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 11:20 PM   #2286
Tech Adept
 
Manbik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Sin City
Posts: 142
Default

Hi fellas, just to let you know... I will be removing the MTX-2 pages on my site in a month or so. Even though I posted on the front page that I don't maintain that site, I still get a lot of E-mails about it.

Any information that carries over to the MRX-3 will move over to the MRX-3 pages (Spring charts, etc). Anything specific to the MTX-2 will be removed all together so you may want to come over and download anything that you may need in the next few weeks.

*edit*
If anyone has or knows of a good quality MTX-2 site, I will link that site on the sole remaining page when I am done.
Manbik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 03:26 AM   #2287
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manbik
Hi fellas, just to let you know... I will be removing the MTX-2 pages on my site in a month or so. Even though I posted on the front page that I don't maintain that site, I still get a lot of E-mails about it.

Any information that carries over to the MRX-3 will move over to the MRX-3 pages (Spring charts, etc). Anything specific to the MTX-2 will be removed all together so you may want to come over and download anything that you may need in the next few weeks.

*edit*
If anyone has or knows of a good quality MTX-2 site, I will link that site on the sole remaining page when I am done.
Why Mr Jenkins?
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 04:19 AM   #2288
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 927
Send a message via ICQ to Cartman
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manbik
Hi fellas, just to let you know... I will be removing the MTX-2 pages on my site in a month or so. Even though I posted on the front page that I don't maintain that site, I still get a lot of E-mails about it.

Any information that carries over to the MRX-3 will move over to the MRX-3 pages (Spring charts, etc). Anything specific to the MTX-2 will be removed all together so you may want to come over and download anything that you may need in the next few weeks.

*edit*
If anyone has or knows of a good quality MTX-2 site, I will link that site on the sole remaining page when I am done.
Can't you leave it there??
__________________
Dremel UK - Schumacher Racing - Vapextech UK - MBModels UK - MRT
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 04:20 AM   #2289
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 927
Send a message via ICQ to Cartman
Default worn cranks

does anyone repair the crank pin if its worn??
__________________
Dremel UK - Schumacher Racing - Vapextech UK - MBModels UK - MRT
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 04:43 AM   #2290
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: worn cranks

Quote:
Originally posted by Cartman
does anyone repair the crank pin if its worn??
buy a new one !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 05:19 AM   #2291
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 98
Default Alluminium pulleys

Does anybody have alluminium pulleys on their MTX-2? Do they still get wrecked if a small stone gets caught in them? Are the mugen pulleys OK or are there other brands?
I am sure AH10 has them as they are a hop-up item!
SHARP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 05:31 AM   #2292
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 927
Send a message via ICQ to Cartman
Default Re: Re: worn cranks

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore


buy a new one !

im too tight and its a JP whats the red stuff in the middle?
__________________
Dremel UK - Schumacher Racing - Vapextech UK - MBModels UK - MRT
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 06:13 AM   #2293
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,984
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Isaac
Jaco has a new line of foam tires and they are 30mm wide. There has to be a way to fit these tires on the front. If not I wish there was. I know about the rear arm conversion by Kawahara. I thought they had a front steering knuckle conversion also. Guys with NTC3's had these things on full width and I had to cut mine down to about 24-25mm front and back. The Mugen was still good but I had some push. With a one way no less.
Any info?
__________________
wilsonproperties1.com
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 06:21 AM   #2294
Tech Regular
 
RC Nitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NN Virginia
Posts: 432
Default

SHARP: I use the Kawahara in mine and have no problems with stones like I use to with the stock plastic.
RC Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 06:28 AM   #2295
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 188
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Isaac


Any info?
Isaac, I think it is better for you to use 26 mm in the front. If you use 1mm washer in the front you won't need to trim the tires.

Where in MD do you race?

Later
Pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:53 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net