Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
Go back to your Serpent thread Elliot, there's nothing for you here.
Trust me... I'm leaving... it stinks over here anyway. But the conical washers are pretty nice if done right.

Pass you soon...
Old 08-04-2012, 05:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Are you running it with the flat flywheel or the HD flywheel?
Both in the reverse and the D clutches and works great. Just use smaller gap than with the regular spring and less preload.

Don't be afraid to start out with what seems to be ridiculously little preload. Those washers don't compress much.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

I tested the conical washers with .7 on the nut and .6gap.
clutch felt really nice but after a few laps the adj nut would unwind itself.

i tried purple loctite and some other harder loctite but they both unwinded the nut.
what loctite are you guys using? i may have to buy a harder loctite..

I have a setup question...our track has a long fast straight with a right hand sweeper at the end. when i would enter the sweeper the car would feel nervous and looked to wobble as it went around. what could be the cause of this and how do i oversome it?
Old 08-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrgsr

i tried purple loctite and some other harder loctite but they both unwinded the nut.

I have a setup question...our track has a long fast straight with a right hand sweeper at the end. when i would enter the sweeper the car would feel nervous and looked to wobble as it went around. what could be the cause of this and how do i oversome it?
add rear toe-in,thicker front diff oil,more caster.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:06 PM
HHH
Tech Regular

I use blue loctite, which I think is standard strength (is made by AE). Are you using enough loctite on the threads and waiting for it to bond/harden? Are both parts clean (of grease and dirt) before you apply the loctite?
Old 08-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Originally Posted by HHH
I use blue loctite, which I think is standard strength (is made by AE). Are you using enough loctite on the threads and waiting for it to bond/harden? Are both parts clean (of grease and dirt) before you apply the loctite?
I used purple strength which is the lowest as its all i had.
i just bought blue and will put it on tonight and let it sit for 24 hrs before putting it all together.

Thanks for the tip HHH and Barry
Old 08-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have had slipping clutch on my 2012 edition for last two meets. I noticed Xray didn't use locitite on the flywheel nut like other brands i have built in the past did from factory. Blis (Harry) got it right for me on Friday night and i managed to win my final. Hoping that is the end of it now, car is a dream to drive and i have cleaned it all up ready for next meet!

Andrew
Old 08-06-2012, 03:21 AM
Tech Elite

John, I've seen lots of tourers do that through your sweeper. I think it's the difference in diff oil front to rear. My guess is front under-steers and then bites when the front diff loads up and slips.

Might have some footage somewhere of it happening.

h
Old 08-13-2012, 12:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Excessive leaky Diffs

Hello to all,

Maybe someone can help me PLZ Thanks!

The problem I have been experiencing are that both front and rear, mainly tho front Diffs have been leaking right from the seams till dry after just couple of runs only, while using between 150-200k F & 60-80k R Fluids

Built them instruction spec, was careful with o rings every time, tighten them x pattern, and filled them just to above pins?

Curious if anyone are using gasket seal, different o rings, or maybe fabricating a gasket they cut to size?

Your help is greatly appreciated Thanks again! Mike...
Old 08-13-2012, 12:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Some people use the Xray aluminum pulleys? What are the advantages and disadvantages in using these?
Old 08-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeCruz
Hello to all,

The problem I have been experiencing are that both front and rear, mainly tho front Diffs have been leaking right from the seams till dry after just couple of runs only, while using between 150-200k F & 60-80k R Fluids

Built them instruction spec, was careful with o rings every time, tighten them x pattern, and filled them just to above pins?

Curious if anyone are using gasket seal, different o rings, or maybe fabricating a gasket they cut to size?

dont use the thin o-ring.

just the paper gasket.

dont overfill the diffs.

should be fine after that
Old 08-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeCruz
Hello to all,

I use the o-ring and I've only had leaking when I blew it out during the diff build by over filling or not having it on the case right. Try putting it around the part of the case you add the diff oil to, only fill above the gears and then seal it. Before screwing it in, make sure the o-ring is not hanging out anyplace. Also, the o-ring can get out of shape so try to use a new one on every build.

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn

just the paper gasket.

dont overfill the diffs.

What paper gasket? What did i miss?
Old 08-13-2012, 03:41 PM
Tech Adept

I use the o-ring and I've only had leaking when I blew it out during the diff build by over filling or not having it on the case right. Try putting it around the part of the case you add the diff oil to, only fill above the gears and then seal it. Before screwing it in, make sure the o-ring is not hanging out anyplace. Also, the o-ring can get out of shape so try to use a new one on every build.

What paper gasket? What did i miss?
Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn

just the paper gasket.

dont overfill the diffs.

Thanks fellas

I'll try again filling fluid to just the gear and c, hopfully have better luck. Thanks again!!

John,

Where u referring to the paper gaskets for the T3?

If not, when u have a chance if i can have part # for the one u mentioned or where to buy a paper gasket that I cut & make fit

Thanks again Guys for all your help!! Mike...
Old 08-14-2012, 02:26 AM
HHH
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GigiX
Some people use the Xray aluminum pulleys? What are the advantages and disadvantages in using these?
The advantage is that you do not need to clean them so much. The holes in the sides and the material lets dirt and grime escape easily. Cleaner = smoother drivetrain.

The disadvantage is the cost and that in theory the teeth could wear and become sharp enough to damage the belts.

I have run the same set for two years and have had no problems. In fact, they make maintenance easier. I have not bought a pulley for two years.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:59 PM
Tech Addict

Default X-RAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!STILL NUMBER 1

ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP WIN FOR THE X-RAY NT1 !!!!!!!!!!X-RAY TAKES THE 200MM EUROS IN ITALY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.