Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 05:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D-nicest
For anyone looking for more consistent braking using the stock brake pads, here's a cheap easy mod I did to my pads while being bored lol.
I want to say you need a hobby but instead I'll say this is what happens when you're fast. you have too much time on your hands.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
I want to say you need a hobby but instead I'll say this is what happens when you're fast. you have too much time on your hands.
haha
Old 06-02-2010, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Use 2 of the springs on each side, 4 come in the pack.
So you're saying you have an extra pair of springs for me.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Dee we already have that..... Lol
Old 06-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

You'd be better off getting a nova 2652 pipe or 2660... Used the skyline pipe a long time ago when they were still making them. you'd get better performance using one of the newer pipes from Novarossi. It's fine to use for practice though...
thanks for info. i did pick up a nova 2652 for the motors.it was the recomended pipe thanks again
Old 06-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CraigX
So you're saying you have an extra pair of springs for me.
You got it bro
Old 06-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
Dee we already have that..... Lol
Old 06-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Bouncy car

Hi guys need some help

running my car on a medium track, with a 200ft straight, while running down the staight the car seems bouncy and not all that stable

Traction is medium and mostly smooth, running similar setup to http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...1152&setup=nt1

except for using 37f 40r and dark blue spring all around.

Please help qualifiers is tomorrow

Diatta you may recognize this setup

Last edited by jelayne; 06-05-2010 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Subject
Old 06-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is a rookie question, but I am not a rookie, but new to the Xray NT1 2009 vehicle. I am having difficulty getting the clutch set up properly. The diagram in the manual is very understandable, but I can not seem to achieve any clutchbell endplay whatsoever. I know XRAY is known for their attention to detail, but is it possible my clutchbell is machined improperly not allowing the bearings to not be in the proper position? I feel that the problem is something I am doing wrong, but have been unsucessful at figuring it out. My maiden voyage with my first new nitro touring car's race date is getting close (Pete Johnson Memorial at Blue Diamond in Delaware), hope to have it figured out by that time.

Actually, this is all your fault Dorian, you shoulda stayed in our area so I would have a local XRAY rep who could help me with this problem

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jelayne
Bouncy car

Hi guys need some help

running my car on a medium track, with a 200ft straight, while running down the staight the car seems bouncy and not all that stable

Traction is medium and mostly smooth, running similar setup to http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...1152&setup=nt1

except for using 37f 40r and dark blue spring all around.

Please help qualifiers is tomorrow

Diatta you may recognize this setup
Check your rear shocks and make sure they still feel good. if thats not the issue you can try thicker rear shock oil, or possibly going down a hole on the clickers. If your car is bouncing though definitely re check those shocks
Old 06-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by spurcheck
This is a rookie question, but I am not a rookie, but new to the Xray NT1 2009 vehicle. I am having difficulty getting the clutch set up properly. The diagram in the manual is very understandable, but I can not seem to achieve any clutchbell endplay whatsoever. I know XRAY is known for their attention to detail, but is it possible my clutchbell is machined improperly not allowing the bearings to not be in the proper position? I feel that the problem is something I am doing wrong, but have been unsucessful at figuring it out. My maiden voyage with my first new nitro touring car's race date is getting close (Pete Johnson Memorial at Blue Diamond in Delaware), hope to have it figured out by that time.

Actually, this is all your fault Dorian, you shoulda stayed in our area so I would have a local XRAY rep who could help me with this problem

With just the bearings installed and no shims does you clutch have play? and did you put shims behind the fly wheel collet? Pics would be helpful...
Old 06-06-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by spurcheck

Hi,
The clutch is the standard and not the high dynamic, correct?
Have you achieved the 9.2mm distance from the nut to the end of the crankshaft as it is specified in the manual?
How much gap have you set? And then the clutch bell touches the shoe?
Old 06-06-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Just a thought. Is it possible that the end of the crankshaft has been shortened?
Old 06-07-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Custom NT1 Chassis #2

Good results at our small test track with chassis #1.
Here are some photos of chassis #2.
Attached Thumbnails Xray NT1-pictures-1049.jpg   Xray NT1-pictures-1041.jpg   Xray NT1-pictures-1037.jpg   Xray NT1-pictures-1005.jpg   Xray NT1-pictures-1030.jpg  

Old 06-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Got the grip
Good results at our small test track with chassis #1.
Here are some photos of chassis #2.
GReat...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.