Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MRX-4R

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

Can someone report on the quality of this new body. I stayed away from the original MSR body because it was was too fragile. I know that these light weight bodies are thinner than normal, but I would rip the body just trying to cut it out and paint it.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:15 AM
Tech Initiate

I have just ordered two of those new bodies - Aparently they do not have any problems with being overly thin and they drive very nicely...
Old 05-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Tech Addict

Looks nice! I like the V design
Old 05-15-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just recently saw on the mugen website that they came out with rear universals for the Mrx-4/ Mrx-4 R. Does anyone have any experience with these that they can share? Are they worth it? Any feedback is appreciated.Thanks
Old 05-15-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Addict

Is there a major advantage from universals over regular dogbones?
Old 05-16-2007, 03:53 AM
Tech Regular

When you tear the front end off as I did recently it is much easier to find a cvd in the grass because it has the upright and wheel still attached Dogbone is way more difficult to find.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nsupra
Just recently saw on the mugen website that they came out with rear universals for the Mrx-4/ Mrx-4 R. Does anyone have any experience with these that they can share? Are they worth it? Any feedback is appreciated.Thanks
I tried them the other day and it seemed like the car had more rear traction but I need to go back to dog bones again to confirm it. I liked them.

Paul
Old 05-16-2007, 05:37 AM
Tech Initiate

There is less play and therefore a more efficient drivetrain with universals, so a more efficient delivery of power - and they don't pop out so easily like the standard dogbones do on the front of some cars...Although rears dont have this kind of problem.

Another big plus is maintenance work - universals are much more manageable than the standard dogbones as you only have to deal with one side of the dogbone dropping out while performing maintenance.

Lastly, the universals often come in lighter materials like titanium for example.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

need to know

what does the mtx-4r has that the mtx4 doesn't?
Old 05-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Tech Initiate

If you read this thread from the beginning then you will see which parts are different between the MRX4 and the MRX4-R (and the version 2 MRX4-R, H0075).

Or just check the MS website...Check out the MRX-4R there and it will tell you what the new parts are.

Hope this helps...
Old 05-16-2007, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default RD Logics Chassis

Does anyone had try the RD Logics 5mm Chassis....
Old 05-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by %Yanlei%
There is less play and therefore a more efficient drivetrain with universals, so a more efficient delivery of power - and they don't pop out so easily like the standard dogbones do on the front of some cars...Although rears dont have this kind of problem.

Another big plus is maintenance work - universals are much more manageable than the standard dogbones as you only have to deal with one side of the dogbone dropping out while performing maintenance.

Lastly, the universals often come in lighter materials like titanium for example.
The universals on the MRX-3 were delicate and almost 100% of the ones who get a pair of rear universals on their Osaka/Millenium version changed them for dogbones who are more resistant to wear and they accept more abuse.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:36 PM
Tech Adept

Default wide front belt conversion

Hi,
Could anyone give me details or links of how to convert the front belt to the wider one on the mrx4 ?

Thanks
Old 05-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Xtreme888, is there any particular reason why you want to perform such a modification?

There are reasons why things are designed the way they are - like why the rear wheels are wider than the fronts

Also, check out the other 1/8 race cars from other manufacturers, I am quite quite confident that the proportions of the belts will be very similar. These cars have evolved to the point that most of them are designed in a very similar manner. It should tell you something about them if they all use the same width belts - they are like that for a reason, and unless you have a really good reason to change it then I think that you should leave them alone.

If your front belt is snapping and your frustration has made you consider such an upgrade, (ie because the rear belt is fine) first check your MRX4 out - it is very likely that damaged, worn or dirty pulleys were the original cause.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I remember reading the MRX3 tread, even though I dodnt have one, and people used to convert to a wider front belt. Maybe thats why he wants to do it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.