Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bradley70
I just wanna get the car locked in then start to loosen it up if necessary!!
Exactly!
Old 11-18-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

speyederjedi would you happen to have a pic of the cutout you made to the chassis?
Old 11-18-2008, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

speyederjedi would you happen to have a pic of the cutout you made to the chassis?

Sorry, but know I did not think to take a picture. I'll try to have my buddy send you a pic. If you look at the crossmember on the front of your chassis I cut right along the line of the opening with a dremmel metal cutting wheel. It took all of 5 minutes.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 11-19-2008, 01:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Quick tire question. I have only tried the kyosho red box tires on one occassion as they are very expensive and extremely hard to come bye. I have been running either the grp tires or the twister tires. Can anyone comment on the red box tires has anyone run the twister tire back to back with the red box? If so what did you notice.

Thanks
Old 11-19-2008, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've been running the Kyosho style Twister Tire for over a year and to me the foam is just as good but the Twister is a bit more sturdy as far as the rim design. They have the exrta ridge of plastic running between the spokes.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 12-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well I think its time to go back to my old trusty Mugen MTX4r!! I have struggled with the kyosho to find and comfortable setup for a few months now and just can't get the consistency and feel out of the car compared to that of my Mugen. I was much more consistent with laptimes and setup!! The Mugen just seems to work better on the medium sized medium traction home track that I run on. With the my mugen I was always battling for the top spot and with this car for some reason I'm lapped traffic. Just couldn't figure it out. When the traction was up the Kyosho was ballistic but for some reason when it was average traction which is what I run on 95% off the time just couldn't find the balance..
Old 12-02-2008, 03:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quick tire question. I have only tried the kyosho red box tires on one occassion as they are very expensive and extremely hard to come bye. I have been running either the grp tires or the twister tires. Can anyone comment on the red box tires has anyone run the twister tire back to back with the red box? If so what did you notice.

Thanks
Brad I used to run the Twister tires in the front & red box in the rear
Old 12-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

At this point I think its far beyond the tires just can't get the overall feel I'm looking for from a consistent basis with the car..
Old 12-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

At this point I think its far beyond the tires just can't get the overall feel I'm looking for from a consistent basis with the car..
I would suggest experimenting with shock oils and dampening rates. These things do make a difference. A car with properly built shocks as opposed to a car without, will make a sketchy car feel controlled and predictable. Shocks need more attention than people know.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Any suggestions I've tried blue all the way around with 400, 500 and 600wt oil. Black front and back, silver front and back. Roll centers front and back, camber link, diff oil 10k, 20k, 30k. When the traction is way up the car is great at the few bigger races we have but when it's down or medium traction the mugen is superior at our track. Believe me I don't like to throw in the towel but I have spent so much time, money and effort and I'm going backwards.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

V ONE RRR EVO.2 WC arrived la !

http://www.rctech.net/forum/rc-marke...ml#post5121370
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo-ky-31263.jpg  
Old 12-03-2008, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Any suggestions I've tried blue all the way around with 400, 500 and 600wt oil. Black front and back, silver front and back. Roll centers front and back, camber link, diff oil 10k, 20k, 30k. When the traction is way up the car is great at the few bigger races we have but when it's down or medium traction the mugen is superior at our track. Believe me I don't like to throw in the towel but I have spent so much time, money and effort and I'm going backwards.
I was suggesting, in my last post, that you should focus on building the shocks properly.

First: Check to see, if, the shocks are leaking. You may have dirty, torn orings and or scratched shock shafts. The plastic shock shaft guides may also be fouled. If, so, rebuild with fresh parts. Leaking shocks can cause your car's handling to be inconsistent.

Second: Make sure the shocks are the proper length - front and rear.
* Note all 4 shocks don't need to be the same length. Just make sure they're equal left to right. The rear can be longer than the front, but not the other way around.

Third: make sure the shock is free of air bubbles before putting the bladder and cap on. Bleed the shocks so that the shafts push out at the same speed and reach the same distance.

Once you've done these things, I think, you'll find your car behaving more like you want.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

Default my poor rrr evo

Hi guys.. recently i had a bad accident..my car crashed into the side of the kerb and now the tip of the exhaust has bent in..is there any way to pop it out..i have heard of people saying tat fill if with water and seal up all the outputs and put it in the freezer..does it reali work??how to do it correctly??
Old 12-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by duku
Hi guys.. recently i had a bad accident..my car crashed into the side of the kerb and now the tip of the exhaust has bent in..is there any way to pop it out..i have heard of people saying tat fill if with water and seal up all the outputs and put it in the freezer..does it reali work??how to do it correctly??
this will help
Old 12-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Guys i was looking over the Evo2 instructions and I did spot something that looked a little weird to me , If the new rear arms are 2mm longer why would they make the lenght of the rear hub pillowball go from 4.5mm\4.2mm to 6mm\5.5mm? Just something that I didn't understand

Last edited by carkillaii; 12-04-2008 at 11:17 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.