Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Inferno MP9 thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 04:35 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Afun
I for one was not able to keep those 91mm in the outdrives when having an awkward landing. It happened several times. Then I jumped on here for advice. Pitpop was one of the ones who said to run the 93mm in the front. According to him Cody is also running them. It's been fine ever since. The only thing I could blame is the flex of the chassis especially on awkward landings for the 91mm to pop out. I also did not shim those 91mm. Maybe I should have, but I just followed the manual instructions.

Don't get me wrong. I am not being negative. This car has made me super fast. I just need to tweak things a little differently because I do not have the aptitude of a pro. That's the entire reason for getting the Agama mounts and not suffering DNF's for not checking those little screws on the plates.

I hope that makes sense.
The 91mm outdrives popping out was a big talking point and most everyone settled on using 93mm up front. The primary reason for them popping out would be droop setting (or amount of suspension travel), arm flex, steering angles, how the outdrive and diff were shimmed, some combo of all the above. But chassis flex would have little to do with them popping out.

The chassis flex is dominated by two modes of deformation. First bending (think of bending the chassis into a "U" shape. And second torsion (think of twisting the chassis like wringing out a towel). Neither of these types of deformations would be the dominant cause of the outdrive popping out.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I see lots of folks taking about using shock oils measured in WT. I run PT oils and my oils are generally 600/400 with Orange springs all around. I tried 675/375 (almost exactly what 45/30 equals) and my car pushed in corners and was ass slapping all over my home track
Old 01-15-2013, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Sorry double post.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CoryD
I call BS on that one. How can chassis flex cause this? Arm-flex sure; but chassis flex -- yeah -- not so much.

My vote is either conjecture or monetary gain of some kind.

Later,
Chassis flex is not the problem otherwise putting ally knuckle carriers up front wouldn't fix the problem.

I agree monetry gain is the reason. All Kyosho need to do is make the shafts 92mm and ALL the confusion would go away and they would work on ALL 4 corners of the car with ALL the common suspension settings. They just made the shafts thicker, how hard do you think it would have been to start make them 92mm long?
Another thing is why are there 2.9mm pins in the end of the shafts instead of the industry standard 3mm pins? More shaft sales, what else.
Hey I am not against a company making money but I am against unscrupulous business practices.
The pin issue is somewhat circumvented by buying the cheap RTR dogbone shafts and using the pins out of those.
Luv my K Car despite the negatives.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Default RACE SCHEDULE!!!

Hey Guys. I haven't been on RC Tech much lately, so help me out with something. Is there a race schedule thread anywhere? What about a site that has a clearing house schedule anywhere for major races? Hook a brother up!!
Old 01-15-2013, 11:01 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Guys,

Looking for a bit more off power steering. Car is great on power but I find I have to gas it to get the car to corner like I want through tighter, low speed corners. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 01-16-2013, 12:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ratjayfala
Hi Guys,

Looking for a bit more off power steering. Car is great on power but I find I have to gas it to get the car to corner like I want through tighter, low speed corners. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Hard to say without knowing your setup.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:07 AM
Tech Master

Hi Guys,

Thanks
set the car on the ground and check the end points, make sure you have full steering.. add some toe out.. check the ride height.. if you still need more you could lighten the front diff oil or less castor.. depends on the set-up.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Gents...

New to the site and new to the TKI3.... For which I am basically awaiting delivery of.... Cannot!! Wait!!

Couple of questions I would like to ask..

Working on a budget so I was wondering what would be the parts I need to keep in my Hauler without going stupid... Ie wishbones etc

I am an average Jo driver that in all honesty was not feeling the love for the 8.2, so I have sold a few things to buy so I do hope it holds up to the hype and improves my driving and most of all makes me fall in love with driving

We have terrible weather over here in the Uk and most of the tracks in the north west are astro turf so high grip tracks so what set up would you recommend

Also is there anything I need to be aware of during the build and anything I might need to do different... I have already ordered the 1.3 x 8 pistons

Thanks in advance for your help
Old 01-16-2013, 03:12 AM

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Thanks
Maybe shorten ur wheelbase?????
Old 01-16-2013, 05:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wupding
Hi Gents...

New to the site and new to the TKI3.... For which I am basically awaiting delivery of.... Cannot!! Wait!!

Working on a budget so I was wondering what would be the parts I need to keep in my Hauler without going stupid... Ie wishbones etc

I am an average Jo driver that in all honesty was not feeling the love for the 8.2, so I have sold a few things to buy so I do hope it holds up to the hype and improves my driving and most of all makes me fall in love with driving

We have terrible weather over here in the Uk and most of the tracks in the north west are astro turf so high grip tracks so what set up would you recommend

Also is there anything I need to be aware of during the build and anything I might need to do different... I have already ordered the 1.3 x 8 pistons

As far as extra parts. Definitely buy some lower a arms, hinge pins and a set of the hinge pin pills. It's been my experience that if you break an arm you'll probably also bend a hinge pin as well as break the hinge pin holder, the "pill". I'd also get extra front shock shafts, upper front arms, a wing stay, and an Etta bumper.

For the build I recommend buying some lucky 7 sealant to use on the front and rear bulkheads where they meet the chassis as well as sealing all three diff cases n
Old 01-16-2013, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

Originally Posted by SEF
The 91mm outdrives popping out was a big talking point and most everyone settled on using 93mm up front. The primary reason for them popping out would be droop setting (or amount of suspension travel), arm flex, steering angles, how the outdrive and diff were shimmed, some combo of all the above. But chassis flex would have little to do with them popping out.

The chassis flex is dominated by two modes of deformation. First bending (think of bending the chassis into a "U" shape. And second torsion (think of twisting the chassis like wringing out a towel). Neither of these types of deformations would be the dominant cause of the outdrive popping out.
Thanks for the lesson. All I know was the car was having a problem with the Uni's popping out so I went to the 93mm. The chassis flex is probably incorporated into the design of this buggy. That's probably why it drives so good. Too much Flex is also a problem. The BCE chassis is worth a try.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wupding
Hi Gents...

First off welcome and congrats on your purchase, I think you will be very pleased with your new buggy once you get it set up. If you are wanting some spares I would make sure I had a set of the suspension arms, and the bushing inserts. Its kind of hard to predict what you may need but this car so far has been very durable for me. I would suggest you get some shock springs and a couple sway bars since you are going to be running on astro turf, I feel those components will be crucial for all that rear grip. Enjoy your new car and good luck.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pitpop
Hey Guys. I haven't been on RC Tech much lately, so help me out with something. Is there a race schedule thread anywhere? What about a site that has a clearing house schedule anywhere for major races? Hook a brother up!!
There is an event calendar on Redrc.com. Im not sure how complete it is but it does have quite a few 2013 races listed
Old 01-16-2013, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey pitpop, we need a big name Kyosho guy to show up at the Fall Brawl held in Myrtle Beach SC the first weekend of Decemeber. Mayfield and Drake are 2 of the usauals that show on the non Worlds year, Lutz has also came for a couple of races. I can give you some more info if interested, otherwise I just follow RC Signup and watch our local & reginal forums.

Here's a video of last years layout, Larry (BigBird) Ward usually helps out the badland crew with a great layout every year, track will groove up in a major way resulting in some fast racing.

http://youtu.be/yXKwcPq4nRY

Originally Posted by pitpop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.