Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Inferno MP9 thread >

Inferno MP9 thread

Like Tree1Likes

Inferno MP9 thread

    Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Old 01-15-2013, 07:37 AM
  #12991  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Afun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,370
Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mjealey
Just do not repeat anything I told you about what me and Philly talked about or you will be placed on double secret probation!!!!! Shhhhhhh.
LOL....I never really had an issue with the flex. Yeah, I have a few scrapes underneath the bell, but no biggie. If I add the extended plates wouldn't it change the characteristics of the buggy? I know the buggy uses flex to its advantage.
Afun is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 07:58 AM
  #12992  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
THE PHILLY JYNX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,385
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Afun
My buddy Mike said you have been awesome help...Thanks

Did you have a situation where the clutch bell was hitting the chassis to the point it will turn off the motor?
I purchased my first kyosho (tki2) just prior to the tki3 being launched.At that time there were some issues with swing shafts snapping, flex in the chassis breaking teeth of clutch bells and spurs gears. even bent crank shafts from this issue. I didn't really care for the hole in the chassis because then the bell would not hit but it would allow it to flex even more...So I went with the agama route with extended chassis plate and MM that are about 1mm higher. I also used the 89.5mm swing shafts HD front and rear from the get go and never snapped one nor had them pop out of the out drives. Kyosho was bomb proof all season. Even after switching to the BCE I still used the extended MM with .21 motors. Until i switched to the small block motor now i just use the std plate.
THE PHILLY JYNX is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 08:24 AM
  #12993  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Afun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,370
Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)
Default

Originally Posted by THE PHILLY JYNX
I purchased my first kyosho (tki2) just prior to the tki3 being launched.At that time there were some issues with swing shafts snapping, flex in the chassis breaking teeth of clutch bells and spurs gears. even bent crank shafts from this issue. I didn't really care for the hole in the chassis because then the bell would not hit but it would allow it to flex even more...So I went with the agama route with extended chassis plate and MM that are about 1mm higher. I also used the 89.5mm swing shafts HD front and rear from the get go and never snapped one nor had them pop out of the out drives. Kyosho was bomb proof all season. Even after switching to the BCE I still used the extended MM with .21 motors. Until i switched to the small block motor now i just use the std plate.
Wow. I don't know how you keep those 89.5 swing shafts from not popping out of the outdrives. I had to go with 93mm in the front. I guess the way to go is with the BCE chassis. Were you able to wrap around the new side guard? I have broken teeth of my clutch bell before, but that was due to my clutch nut coming loose. It happened this past weekend. Thanks for the help.
Afun is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 08:45 AM
  #12994  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
mjealey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,193
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Afun
Wow. I don't know how you keep those 89.5 swing shafts from not popping out of the outdrives. I had to go with 93mm in the front. I guess the way to go is with the BCE chassis. Were you able to wrap around the new side guard? I have broken teeth of my clutch bell before, but that was due to my clutch nut coming loose. It happened this past weekend. Thanks for the help.
The BCE is the way to go... That chassis never wore and was great on the Mugen. I am still running the stock K chassis for now, but BCE would be the only aftermarket chassis I would consider, and when the stock chassis wears out will be the route I go!
mjealey is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 09:02 AM
  #12995  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
THE PHILLY JYNX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,385
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Afun
Wow. I don't know how you keep those 89.5 swing shafts from not popping out of the outdrives. I had to go with 93mm in the front. I guess the way to go is with the BCE chassis. Were you able to wrap around the new side guard? I have broken teeth of my clutch bell before, but that was due to my clutch nut coming loose. It happened this past weekend. Thanks for the help.
I tried to eliminate any possible weak points of the car from the get go. I only used my stock tki2 chassis for about 3-4 weeks when the BCE showed up. If that has anything to do with drive shafts not coming out I have no idea..and would not tell anyone that its the end all fix all in any way. The stone guards mount up with no issues. What i can say is it wears a lot less than the stock chassis#1. And I also know how many man hours and different versions of the chassis were designed before the current version was settled on. Donnie (donrod) spent hours swapping over complete vehs onto different chassis's at the track Until Dylan found the one that made the buggy handle better and drop his lap times.#2 Rough loose blown out tracks are what they tested on. And these are the conditions I run in most times. this is why I run the BCE.
THE PHILLY JYNX is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 09:02 AM
  #12996  
Tech Initiate
 
Redbull8447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 20
Default

Hi Guys

What make shock oils do most of you use, just got the TKI3 and just fitted the 8x 1.3 pistons but just wanted to clarify what make and weight you guys run
Redbull8447 is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 09:12 AM
  #12997  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
mjealey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,193
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Redbull8447
Hi Guys

What make shock oils do most of you use, just got the TKI3 and just fitted the 8x 1.3 pistons but just wanted to clarify what make and weight you guys run
Most of the setup sheets you look at 45 wt. front/ 30 wt. rear. It is a little colder here now mid 40's to 60's when we race so I am running 42.5/27.5 to compensate for temp with the normal light blue springs and it feels perfect!
mjealey is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 10:09 AM
  #12998  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Afun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,370
Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)
Default

Originally Posted by THE PHILLY JYNX
I tried to eliminate any possible weak points of the car from the get go. I only used my stock tki2 chassis for about 3-4 weeks when the BCE showed up. If that has anything to do with drive shafts not coming out I have no idea..and would not tell anyone that its the end all fix all in any way. The stone guards mount up with no issues. What i can say is it wears a lot less than the stock chassis#1. And I also know how many man hours and different versions of the chassis were designed before the current version was settled on. Donnie (donrod) spent hours swapping over complete vehs onto different chassis's at the track Until Dylan found the one that made the buggy handle better and drop his lap times.#2 Rough loose blown out tracks are what they tested on. And these are the conditions I run in most times. this is why I run the BCE.
Good Point. The flex of the stock chassis is to blame for the 91mm swing shafts for coming out of the outdrives. I think the stone guards for the TKi2 do install just fine to the BCE chassis, but the stock TKi3 stone which wrap around won't work...I think.
Afun is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 10:16 AM
  #12999  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
THE PHILLY JYNX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,385
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Afun
Good Point. The flex of the stock chassis is to blame for the 91mm swing shafts for coming out of the outdrives. I think the stone guards for the TKi2 do install just fine to the BCE chassis, but the stock TKi3 stone which wrap around won't work...I think.
stone guards are a direct fit on tki3 bce chassis...just checked
THE PHILLY JYNX is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 10:20 AM
  #13000  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Afun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,370
Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)
Default

Originally Posted by THE PHILLY JYNX
stone guards are a direct fit on tki3 bce chassis...just checked
BCE will be my next purchase
Afun is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 01:31 PM
  #13001  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
AZRC4Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fullerton, CA
Posts: 1,147
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Afun
The flex of the stock chassis is to blame for the 91mm swing shafts for coming out of the outdrives...
What scientific research are you using as a basis for this theory? Or is it just your conjecture?
AZRC4Me is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 01:43 PM
  #13002  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
CoryD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,187
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
What scientific research are you using as a basis for this theory? Or is it just your conjecture?
I call BS on that one. How can chassis flex cause this? Arm-flex sure; but chassis flex -- yeah -- not so much.

My vote is either conjecture or monetary gain of some kind.

Later,
CoryD is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 02:07 PM
  #13003  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (51)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 908
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

How does the flex of the chassis contribute to the swingshaft popping out of the outdrive? I can't wait to hear the answer to this.....
Cyberacer is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 03:45 PM
  #13004  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Afun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,370
Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
What scientific research are you using as a basis for this theory? Or is it just your conjecture?
I for one was not able to keep those 91mm in the outdrives when having an awkward landing. It happened several times. Then I jumped on here for advice. Pitpop was one of the ones who said to run the 93mm in the front. According to him Cody is also running them. It's been fine ever since. The only thing I could blame is the flex of the chassis especially on awkward landings for the 91mm to pop out. I also did not shim those 91mm. Maybe I should have, but I just followed the manual instructions.

Don't get me wrong. I am not being negative. This car has made me super fast. I just need to tweak things a little differently because I do not have the aptitude of a pro. That's the entire reason for getting the Agama mounts and not suffering DNF's for not checking those little screws on the plates.

I hope that makes sense.
Afun is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 03:51 PM
  #13005  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Afun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,370
Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CoryD
I call BS on that one. How can chassis flex cause this? Arm-flex sure; but chassis flex -- yeah -- not so much.

My vote is either conjecture or monetary gain of some kind.

Later,
Monetary Gain....What are you talking about? I am not a pro, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn, lol. Then maybe the reason for the 91mm popping out is arm flex. Your guess is as good as mine. I am not going crazy, but the Uni's popping out was a major discussion when the TKI3 came out.
Afun is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.