Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Pre-order your Mugen MBX6 now

Guys we have the Mugen MBX6 up on the site for pre-order. In my talks with Kris Moore of Mugen he thinks the cars will be shipped to dealers in a week and half.
You can check out our website to pre-order the car. This car as well as a few more new releases should be on the front page.

Check us out: http://www.fullthrottlehobbies.com

Thanks,

Eddie Gunn
Old 09-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Merciless
Whilst racing electric buggy I almost always had to add weight to make the minimum and it was always placed to the front to aid steering. I would imagine this was the case in the scenario you said about too.
Rod
Nope wasnt the case at all he was already above or close to the weight limit he added weight to keep the chassis more planted due to the track conditions and it paid off for him.

we arent dissing mugens weight loss we just arent getting under exited because its not at the point where we have to add weight to get to the minimum, the new car can take set up straight from the 5R and race and be quicker thats all that we need really, all we are saying is ok the weights not uber low but theres obviously a reason for that maybe reliability or just pure cost but the weight its coming at is raceable, im sorry your dissapointed its x amount of gram heavier than expected.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by egunn123
Guys we have the Mugen MBX6 up on the site for pre-order. In my talks with Kris Moore of Mugen he thinks the cars will be shipped to dealers in a week and half.
You can check out our website to pre-order the car. This car as well as a few more new releases should be on the front page.

Check us out: http://www.fullthrottlehobbies.com

Thanks,

Eddie Gunn
YGPM
Old 09-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Clarksib. YGPM back.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vsfriedmugan
wonder if the instruction manual is any better??
You must have never built a Kyosho
Old 09-11-2008, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Merciless
To be fair, I've only been racing these little things 25yrs. But in that time I've never added weight(Other than to meet regs.) to any buggy. Whilst racing electric buggy I almost always had to add weight to make the minimum and it was always placed to the front to aid steering. I would imagine this was the case in the scenario you said about too.

All sorts of things will add weight to the buggy, like you say ......... paint and stickers are just 2. But I would preffer to start off with the lightest platform a manufacture can offer, that way after I've got it ready to race it's not unnecessarly carrying anything around it doesn't have too.

Savoya's set-up is for how he likes to drive I grant you that, but his buggy is made as light as possible for all the reasons I've stated. I can't believe you guys are dissing the time and effort MUGEN engineers have spent removing the weight from the 5r package inorder to bring you a lighter more agile buggy.

Don't suspose you can shed any light for me on why F1 team spend millions on carbon fiber, titanium and other exotic materials with which to build there race cars if good old steel is better if alot heavier ?? Or why Rally teams do the same when they could leaving all the seats etc. in the race cars ??

I always believed it was to do with lighter being better to put things very simply.

Also I guess another question is why do the governering body's have a minimum weight for all our race class's If indeed there is a benifit to being heavier than needed surely the manufactures would have worked out the optimium weight for a buggy etc. and thats what they'd weigh, but instead every new revision they strive to make it as light as possible whilst remaining robust enough for mortals to drive .......

Rod
What works with a real car does not necessarily work with a scale car, yes a car can be too heavy but it can also be too light... my point is 100 grams is nothing. This can be shaved off a with titanium screws and a few other small mods.

In my opinion people are too fixated on weight, in low traction conditions more weight can be advantagous and a heavier car is more stable and forgiving to drive just look at the stable platforms the jammin, the mugen and the older kyosho.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Loop&Roll
What works with a real car does not necessarily work with a scale car, yes a car can be too heavy but it can also be too light... my point is 100 grams is nothing. This can be shaved off a with titanium screws and a few other small mods.

In my opinion people are too fixated on weight, in low traction conditions more weight can be advantagous and a heavier car is more stable and forgiving to drive just look at the stable platforms the jammin, the mugen and the older kyosho.
Gee thats funny. Than why is every engineer and designer in EVERY motorized sport whatever the scale constantly trying to cut weight? They must ALL be wrong huh? More weight is just that, more weight to carry over rough and around corners. NOTHING advantagious about it. It will always hurt you more than it helps you in the end.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by slaytanic
Gee thats funny. Than why is every engineer and designer in EVERY motorized sport whatever the scale constantly trying to cut weight? They must ALL be wrong huh? More weight is just that, more weight to carry over rough and around corners. NOTHING advantagious about it. It will always hurt you more than it helps you in the end.
To a point my friend, tires need some weight to provide traction and a scale car is already light!!! it does provide some advantages one being traction!! I didnt say weight was the be all and end all and the 5R did need to cut some weight so put your guns away.

Enough about the weight, move on children!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Loop&Roll

That kind of defies the laws of physics just a bit.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

in most scale racing they try to cut weight below the min so they can add it where they want. Its not about just cutting weight, its about having the weight in the right places.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

most higher end motors have so much power that it cant be put to the ground anyway so 100 grams is not going to effect the acceleration that much besides what a pro driver does with set up is not always the setup someone else needs to use
Old 09-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

guys come on, we all know in every motor sport there is manufactures strive to make there vehicle as light as humanly possible. there is no reason why buggy racing is any different !!

its physics !

Rod
Old 09-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Oh and don't think i'm saying or implying the mugen wont be any good, I had a 5r and it was very good. As will the mbx6 be.

Just I believe buggy's should be as light as possible, ALL BUGGY's.

Now extra weight may give you the appearence of a better handling buggy, but it's just masking a set-up issue, as more weight slow's the weight transfere rate, as there's more of it to move and therefore makes the buggy more sluggish in the turns, accelerating and braking. This is not a situation i want built into any buggy by design as it can be simulated by set-up, but i can understand why some people would find it easier to drive this way

Rod
Old 09-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I'm lost with this weight issue. What is the minimum weight that you guy's are allowed to use at a club, state's, regional, nationals and world's events.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

some more pics!

http://www.rcbazar.net/modules.php?n...ticle&sid=1086

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.