Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by FrankBlack
3,370 grams stated on the mugen website.
well thats still 60 grms heavier than my 8 and 110 grms heavier than my 808
Old 09-10-2008, 12:09 AM
Tech Master

3,370grams , well thats a disapointment. The rumour mill had me believing the mbx6 was going to be that light weights were needed to bring it up to minimum weight. I.e lighter than the 808 etc.

110grams is a fair amount extra to carry around for a 1/2hr main just cause you can.......

You do get Mugen quality though, my guess is it'll handle loverly and be easy to drive as was the 5r before it.........

Thanks

Rod
Old 09-10-2008, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Merciless
3,370grams , well thats a disapointment. The rumour mill had me believing the mbx6 was going to be that light weights were needed to bring it up to minimum weight. I.e lighter than the 808 etc.

110grams is a fair amount extra to carry around for a 1/2hr main just cause you can.......

You do get Mugen quality though, my guess is it'll handle loverly and be easy to drive as was the 5r before it.........

Thanks

Rod
110 grams is nothing, in my opinion the losi and the ae are too light, thats why they are so unpredictable. I will take a heavier hong nor or mugen any day!!
Old 09-10-2008, 12:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The ae is not lightweight by any means. Mine is 3,600grams out of the box. Same as what my MBX5 was.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Timox
The ae is not lightweight by any means. Mine is 3,600grams out of the box. Same as what my MBX5 was.

Exactly what one of our club guys said when he put his MBX5 and RC8 on the scales he was a bit surprised to find the mugen actually lighter
Old 09-10-2008, 01:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Loop&Roll
So when is the MBX7 coming out someone should start a thread!!!

And Braz, dremeling a Mugen.... that's Blasphemy!!!! but then again so is putting Hong big bores on one!!!

MBX7 or MBX6R in 2 years time as this is the time scale mugen work to, either upgrades or new models.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:39 AM
Tech Master

Different points of view I guess. But you got to accelerate and brake that extra weight out of every corner for every lap. I'd preffer to carry as little extra weight as I can. It's very easy to spring the buggy differently to make it handle nicely.

Extra weight is not good for the tyres, drive train or run times in the race, I really can't see why a heavier buggy would be a good thing........

Not knocking the mugen here, it'll be good and is comparable with most leading buggy's out there.I was simply hoping for something lighter after all the rumours.........strange as eveyone universely seemed to agree at the time that a light Mugen would be awesome

Rod
Old 09-10-2008, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Lighter isn't always better. Weight isn't the key issue with tire wear. Putting the power down and throttle control are more important.

I really don't see Mugen Seiki releasing something other than the best they have to offer. Having said that. I'm sure they will continue to develop it like every one else.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:06 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

That weight figure should be taken with a grain of salt, does the website say exactly what components were used in the car that was weighed? With a lipo or nimh? What if a lighter throttle servo is used? Thin novarossi pipe or heavier Jammin? Wheels and tires? Its an estimate, nothing more.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:21 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

If it's only 110 grams over out of the box I will have 110 grams under by the time I get it built.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

GUYS, you aren't going to convince me a heavier buggy is better, that said, some of the heavier buggys available are amongst the best too.

Mugens figure I would imagine to be pretty fair. There likely to have used proline tyres since they've always packaged them with the buggys in the past. As for a heavier / lighter servo and which type of battery you use I dont believe there's anything like 110grams to be found there. Since lighter is most usually seen as better when it comes to buggy weight I really dont think MUGEN is going to have posted its weight without using competitive equipment. As for motor and pipe you'd have to guess they used the own ninja brand. That pipe isn't heavy ......

Those of you campaining the cause for added weight please explain the lengths savoya was prepared to go to in removing weight from his Euro winning MBX5R

Like I said i'm not saying the MBX6 won't be very good, just I Believe it would have been better lighter. Savoya's possibly Mugens top driver at the moment and he felt it necessary to machine anything he could to reduce weight .....

I guess till its released or one of the Team driver post the weight of there buggy ready to race we just won't be sure of it's exact weight.... I wish the manufactures simply post the weight of the KIT, NO body, NO tyres, NO motor and pipe, No fuel, NO radio etc. that way comparisions between brands would be easy (prolly why they don't) apples for apples as it were ...

Rod
Old 09-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

just talked to my team manager and the car is shipping from japan this week for the states! and the car will not be as heavy as you guys are talking. from what the guys are saying the car first time out is already 1/2 to 3/4 a second per lap faster and should get better! and a new truggy should be out the first of the year also!
Old 09-10-2008, 12:09 PM

Minds made up now

returning to the mugen brand of cars me thinks as for weight im not bothered at all it doesnt need to be light to be fast!!

looking forward to it now anyone want a 808
Old 09-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Megacrash
Minds made up now

returning to the mugen brand of cars me thinks as for weight im not bothered at all it doesnt need to be light to be fast!!

looking forward to it now anyone want a 808
How is the 808 compared to Mugen? Is Xray all what it is cracked up to be?
Old 09-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

so your on a mugen mbx6 thread asking about a xray?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.