Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MBX5R

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 04:26 AM
Tech Adept

the cars that are always beating me in the final are xray 808's, hyper 8.5s o and mp777 sp2 but that nothing to do with my mugen not performing its todo with the simply fact they are better than me lol more consistant smoother quicker reactions etc the mugen holds its own on the racetrack and is the most durable car i have owned.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey I have been running a MBX5R for about a year. I have always run the stock clutch set up, (bell, shoes, and 1.0 springs) and have never had a problem. I also pull the motor and and go through clutch to clean up the shoes and do your basic checks ever other run on race day.
My questions is: has anyone had trouble with the Dynamite Max Life shoes in their Mugens? I put a set in on the practice day of a 3 day event I was just at, to see how I liked them. After a couple practice runs I noticed something was wrong with the power. I pulled the clutch bell and 2 of the Mugen 1.0 springs I used on the max life shoes had broken and both in the same spot. Should I not be using the Mugen springs with the max life shoes?
Thanks
Old 08-13-2008, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

rc parts just ebayed the last of there mugen stockdoes any one know of cheap mbx5t parts online (im getting the mbx6 this is my daughters truggy)still got another season on the mbx5t before we go mbx6t
Old 08-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Gidday Pitdog,

Hows life at the sunny coast, Britney racing truggy, cool mate good to see. You racing at either of the Nitrofest at BDR or Winter cup. If i can help you and Britney in any way let me know..

Cheers Paul.....
Old 08-14-2008, 01:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ilmugenracer
momo,

come find me at dirt burners and ill get you set up. the car will not be holding you back, that's for sure.
Hey I might just take you up on that offer. I've been trying to make it up to Dirtburners for weeks now. Hopefully I'll make it up there soon. That track is beyond awesome.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pitdog
rc parts just ebayed the last of there mugen stockdoes any one know of cheap mbx5t parts online (im getting the mbx6 this is my daughters truggy)still got another season on the mbx5t before we go mbx6t
I used to race both the buggy and truggy class but it got to be too much so my son and I only race one class each now (We have one 5R and one 5T and whichever he wants to race I will race the other). I was heavily stocked up on parts for both cars but have started to lighten up the pit box of the doubles and triples in anticipation for the new car. If there is anything you are looking for specific, drop me an email and I'll check to see if I have it. I have a ton of Mugen stuff. I ship screw stuff all the time to Australia and USPS first-class mail or priority mail is pretty cheap.

Same goes to anyone else looking for 5R/5T parts.

BTW my email is [email protected]

Best regards,

Tony P.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:05 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Tony PM ur way!
Old 08-14-2008, 10:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slidejob26
Hey I have been running a MBX5R for about a year. I have always run the stock clutch set up, (bell, shoes, and 1.0 springs) and have never had a problem. I also pull the motor and and go through clutch to clean up the shoes and do your basic checks ever other run on race day.
My questions is: has anyone had trouble with the Dynamite Max Life shoes in their Mugens? I put a set in on the practice day of a 3 day event I was just at, to see how I liked them. After a couple practice runs I noticed something was wrong with the power. I pulled the clutch bell and 2 of the Mugen 1.0 springs I used on the max life shoes had broken and both in the same spot. Should I not be using the Mugen springs with the max life shoes?
Thanks

There has been reports of broken mugen 1.0 springs all year. i run the kyosho ones just to be safe and they work great.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've only ever broken one clutch spring and that was after a severly overheated clutch weakened it.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Allan,

see you saturday!
Old 08-15-2008, 04:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TonysScrews
I used to race both the buggy and truggy class but it got to be too much so my son and I only race one class each now (We have one 5R and one 5T and whichever he wants to race I will race the other). I was heavily stocked up on parts for both cars but have started to lighten up the pit box of the doubles and triples in anticipation for the new car. If there is anything you are looking for specific, drop me an email and I'll check to see if I have it. I have a ton of Mugen stuff. I ship screw stuff all the time to Australia and USPS first-class mail or priority mail is pretty cheap.

Same goes to anyone else looking for 5R/5T parts.

BTW my email is [email protected]

Best regards,

Tony P.
thanks very much for the offer tony,iknew i could count on a fellow mugen driver
Old 08-15-2008, 04:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by floss
Gidday Pitdog,

Hows life at the sunny coast, Britney racing truggy, cool mate good to see. You racing at either of the Nitrofest at BDR or Winter cup. If i can help you and Britney in any way let me know..

Cheers Paul.....
good thanks paul when are coming up to the valley
Old 08-16-2008, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

hey pit dog i get my bits here at an ebay shop for cheap and quick delivery too http://stores.ebay.com.au/RC-PARTS-S...QQftidZ2QQtZkm. hope this helps
Old 08-18-2008, 09:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Tony, you've got pm.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Mbx5r Fuel Tank

Hey Guys I see the there is a newly updated fuel tank for the mugen buggy on amain they say in their description that you can buy the cap... but I cant find it... Does anyone know where I can find it
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.