Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MBX5R

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 10:27 AM
Tech Adept

I was running the 5R up until a few weeks ago. I have turned it into my backup car. I am running the 6 shocks on it with 500wt oil in them and I am running 7-10-3 for the diffs. I raced it at the Airtronics Nationals at Rev and got 2nd place with it. I think it is still a very competitive car if it is setup right. I just raced the 6 for the first time a few weeks back and it drives a lot different so I am still getting used to it.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:01 PM
Tech Regular

speaking of the old 5r-ps ... im in the prosess of building up a pretty sick one as we speak .. cos i only bash i came to the point that buying a mbx6 was not worth the cash plus its still a just a stock mbx6 that every one els has , so i went another way im gunna build a pimped out 5r.. gunna post it in the "show of ya buggy " when its done ... just a insight its gunna have a - a full custom carbon fiber chassis , front and rear susp towers .. its gunna have parts from the TEAM durango buggy (just so its got enuff speed to win the worlds ) and parts from a few other buggys , to just modernize it a lil make it a lil narrower plus run a cab-forward bulldog body with wrap .. got another radio box set up for it thats smaller off another car .. cant wait till its all done to show it off ..
Old 04-20-2011, 10:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The 5r is a great car, I have both the 5r and x6 to me they are about the same.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I never raced mine at all, but I only run it on the track. I love it because its built like a freakin tank!