Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MBX5R

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by slidejob26
Congrats to Mr. Hughes and Mugen - Top 5 at the nats!! with the buggy every one says is too heavy and slow!
+1
Old 06-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Speaking of the buggy that's too heavy and too slow , why are so many places dropping them from their inventory? I was doing a little shopping last week and several places that always had mugen no longer show the buggy in their lineup, including Tower Hobbies. Tower has dropped the entire line of mugen off road kits. Is this because the 6 is right around the corner, or what?
Old 06-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I used the Xtreme racing carbon fiber rear shock tower for two months until
it broke. The problem with the tower is that Xtreme puts another row of
mounting holes right under the stock set of holes, thats where mine broke.
Why they put two sets of holes that close on a carbon fiber shock tower and
the stock aluminum has only one is beyond me! But I plan on buying another
one,but this time I will use washers on the screws. The cabon fiber towers
save some weight and look cool. Where did you see them on ebay? I could
not find them. I hear a of guys are using the Dynamite drive shaft protector
boots. I have them one my 5r the rear boots work great but I can't keep the
front ones on?
Old 06-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fhm555
Speaking of the buggy that's too heavy and too slow , why are so many places dropping them from their inventory? I was doing a little shopping last week and several places that always had mugen no longer show the buggy in their lineup, including Tower Hobbies. Tower has dropped the entire line of mugen off road kits. Is this because the 6 is right around the corner, or what?
gearing up for the new buggy is what they are doing. why manufacture more old kits when the new is right around the corner, well hopefully around the corner.

we have more information leak from our national security than an RC car LOL! and for good reason considering the worlds is right around the corner.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mugen underestimated the demand for the 5r and did not produce enough kits so they are sold out now. Whatever stock of kits is left at shops is all that there will be. I believe they are still making all the parts though.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by topcat-lll
I used the Xtreme racing carbon fiber rear shock tower for two months until
it broke. The problem with the tower is that Xtreme puts another row of
mounting holes right under the stock set of holes, thats where mine broke.
Why they put two sets of holes that close on a carbon fiber shock tower and
the stock aluminum has only one is beyond me! But I plan on buying another
one,but this time I will use washers on the screws. The cabon fiber towers
save some weight and look cool. Where did you see them on ebay? I could
not find them. I hear a of guys are using the Dynamite drive shaft protector
boots. I have them one my 5r the rear boots work great but I can't keep the
front ones on?

Here it is!!
Old 06-10-2008, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

ok so I have been looking everywhere it seems and I cannot find an aftermarket chassis for the 5r for anything..does anyone know where I could find one or even if anyone makes one??? I would like to get ahold of one that is milled out.. I tryed to contact that BCE but no responce and I think its just for the 5t.
any help would be appreciated
thanks
MO
Old 06-10-2008, 09:55 AM
Tech Addict

Bill from BCE does make chassis for the 5R, in fact Scott Hughes ran the chassis at the ROAR Nats.

here is his website to where you can hopefully get in contact with him.

http://www.rcracingparts.com/
Old 06-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That one's better it only has one set of holes.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

I emailed BCE they replied sent paypal request i paid chassis is in the post , I was running the Dragon racing milled chassis for the last year(ish) and it is thicker but milled out more and lighter than stock but the thing is like a banana now well tweaked, still racing it at moment s its all i have but cant wait for the new chassis to arrive
Old 06-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Can someone tell me what primary parts are needed to convert from X5 to X5R?

Just the necessary parts to get the handling characteristics such as the improved steering.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Adept

Does anyone know where to find Scott Huges setup from the recent roar nats race?
Old 06-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Mugen Racing now has there forums up and running and Scott has stated that he will be posting his set ups on there, he also has a ask Scott Hughe's thread. Here is the link.

http://www.mugenracing.com/phpBB2/
Old 06-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I tried some sintered clutch shoes this past weekend. meant to be harder then 7075 shoes.

The races in the mornign was in mud and my rear wheels were clogging up bad so i knew it was going to be hard on the shoes and to no surprise they are just about stuffed

what else could be effecting the clutch life? have the shims setup like in the book and appears really nice. using 1mm springs...

maybe the vspec is making too much power

also the mugen seemed to be getting clogged up real bad in the rear wheels. maybe to much camber or something? at one point i thought i had blown a diff it was that clogged!

my mates new 808 handle the mud fine and didn't clog up but he has a less power motor and much less wheel spin...

cheers
Old 06-10-2008, 11:56 PM
Tech Addict

Pracy never tried sintered shoes so cant answer that one, im currently running 2 ally shoes 1mm springs 1 white ptfe shoe .9 springs this seems ok and still gives good bite but not so aggresive, i can also adjust clutch bite by altering the number of ally shoes +/-.

For the mud just make some mud deflectors to go on the rear arms make a hole through part of it for the shock screw to go through and then cable tie or screw the other end, what sort of wheels you running dish or spoke dish rims will collect the mud worse than others which may fling out some of it, you could also get some wheel scrapers to attach to the hubs if you run the ally ones, give the arms a good spray with WD40 or GT85 before you start will help a bit later when cleaning, bit more ride height may help if your to low your just helping the mud in.

if the car is really bogging because the car is heavy (mud) then maybe 1.1 springs to give some more go, personally i dont like the 1.1 springs they dont fit in well so would prefer to use the light weight shoes or drill the std ones with a 1mm bit to reduce the weight gets the same result as the stronger springs.

somew ideas to try

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.