R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   RC10GT2 thread! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/157740-rc10gt2-thread.html)

nitrosteve 04-06-2007 03:46 PM

RC10GT2 thread!

Well I couldn't find one so Ill start it up. Post any suggestions here for setups tires etc. I will soon post my slide carb setup get pics. Its alot easier than associated web site suggestions.

Mjk87 04-06-2007 06:53 PM

Hey cool. I got my GT2 about a month ago. Right now its in pieces because its in for a good cleaning and a few parts need to be replaced but it is going to be rebulit. My stock tires are bald. any suggestions on rears?

AZRCaddict 04-06-2007 06:56 PM

M3 Holeshots all around are the ticket!

crazyjr 04-06-2007 08:09 PM

I have had one for a few weeks and finally got my TG broke in, I have to say it is a very stable truck. I have only run it in a vacant sand lot but it is more stable than my friends GT (RTR with good tires)

norman2cycle 04-06-2007 09:24 PM

Hello guys I just got my gt2 yesterday :nod: Has anybody ran into the problem that the screws provided in the kit strip very easy :confused: :confused: Should I get a tony screws kit to continue the building? I cant wait to finish her and break-in the OS TG I got for her!!! :p

nitrosteve 04-06-2007 10:18 PM

Norman yeah I heard rumors of the screw issue but I had no issues with mine. Supposedly the problem was in the early versions. Im gonna get some tonys screws also and replace them as needed.

I got a question why is everyone getting 30 degree caster blocks what is the advantage of this?

mugenlife 04-06-2007 11:07 PM

more aggressive turn in. jered tebo has his own section on the www.neobuggy.net forum. he talks alot about the truck

jg727211 04-07-2007 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by norman2cycle
Hello guys I just got my gt2 yesterday :nod: Has anybody ran into the problem that the screws provided in the kit strip very easy :confused: :confused: Should I get a tony screws kit to continue the building? I cant wait to finish her and break-in the OS TG I got for her!!! :p

Yea, the screws were screwed up on mine... either get new ones or call AE and see if they will replace them. Don't forget the 2 button heads that hold the Hinge Pin Brace (Part#4334, 2-56 X 5/16" Button Head Socket Screw).

taztal3 04-07-2007 10:00 AM

hi guy
i got my gt2 truck but i have .12 cv-r engine what kind tune pipe good
for my .12 cv-r engine ?
i havent run yet but i will run my gt2 soon

thank tommy

AZRCaddict 04-07-2007 10:09 AM

Call Team Associated at (949) 544-7500 M-F 8am-4pm and they will send you the right ones.

Remember its has US screws so you'll want to use a US hex set.

AZRCaddict 04-07-2007 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by taztal3
hi guy
i got my gt2 truck but i have .12 cv-r engine what kind tune pipe good
for my .12 cv-r engine ?
i havent run yet but i will run my gt2 soon

thank tommy

Alot of the Factory guys are running the Smoothy Pipe.

Wild Cherry 04-07-2007 10:32 AM

I`m using a TG OS ..
On big track`s or slippery ones the stock pipe perform`s great ....

mremtr 04-07-2007 03:04 PM

Use the stock pipe that comes with the kit and you will be blown away at how powerful and smooth it runs !! I just got done racing gaas truck today and a buddy of mine was running that exact set up and it was PERFECT !! I personally drove it too and it is PERFECT !! The GT2 is utterly incredible !!
My old 1993 GT is just going to have to sit this one out ! I drove my butt off trying to keep up with him and another fellow ,both driving GT2's . I came in 3rd.

ollie 45 04-07-2007 05:48 PM

My buddy and I both had the same problems with our GT2's. I just dropped AE an email with the part numbers of the screws I needed and they sent me new ones in the mail in about a week or so. So call or email them with the part numbers and they'll hook you up. Good luck

jbrow1 04-07-2007 06:06 PM

Yep they sent me new screws too. Write down the part #'s for the little hinge pin keeper screws, the two front nose piece screws, and the screws that hold the tranny from the bottom. The kits that had problems, those were the screws you needed. Tell them the part #'s and they will hook you up. And don't put the front nose piece screws in tight until you get the replacements or you won't get them back out without hacking the aluminum piece with a dremel.