R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   RC10GT2 thread! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/157740-rc10gt2-thread.html)

nitrosteve 04-06-2007 03:46 PM

RC10GT2 thread!

Well I couldn't find one so Ill start it up. Post any suggestions here for setups tires etc. I will soon post my slide carb setup get pics. Its alot easier than associated web site suggestions.

Mjk87 04-06-2007 06:53 PM

Hey cool. I got my GT2 about a month ago. Right now its in pieces because its in for a good cleaning and a few parts need to be replaced but it is going to be rebulit. My stock tires are bald. any suggestions on rears?

AZRCaddict 04-06-2007 06:56 PM

M3 Holeshots all around are the ticket!

crazyjr 04-06-2007 08:09 PM

I have had one for a few weeks and finally got my TG broke in, I have to say it is a very stable truck. I have only run it in a vacant sand lot but it is more stable than my friends GT (RTR with good tires)

norman2cycle 04-06-2007 09:24 PM

Hello guys I just got my gt2 yesterday :nod: Has anybody ran into the problem that the screws provided in the kit strip very easy :confused: :confused: Should I get a tony screws kit to continue the building? I cant wait to finish her and break-in the OS TG I got for her!!! :p

nitrosteve 04-06-2007 10:18 PM

Norman yeah I heard rumors of the screw issue but I had no issues with mine. Supposedly the problem was in the early versions. Im gonna get some tonys screws also and replace them as needed.

I got a question why is everyone getting 30 degree caster blocks what is the advantage of this?

mugenlife 04-06-2007 11:07 PM

more aggressive turn in. jered tebo has his own section on the www.neobuggy.net forum. he talks alot about the truck

jg727211 04-07-2007 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by norman2cycle
Hello guys I just got my gt2 yesterday :nod: Has anybody ran into the problem that the screws provided in the kit strip very easy :confused: :confused: Should I get a tony screws kit to continue the building? I cant wait to finish her and break-in the OS TG I got for her!!! :p

Yea, the screws were screwed up on mine... either get new ones or call AE and see if they will replace them. Don't forget the 2 button heads that hold the Hinge Pin Brace (Part#4334, 2-56 X 5/16" Button Head Socket Screw).

taztal3 04-07-2007 10:00 AM

hi guy
i got my gt2 truck but i have .12 cv-r engine what kind tune pipe good
for my .12 cv-r engine ?
i havent run yet but i will run my gt2 soon

thank tommy

AZRCaddict 04-07-2007 10:09 AM

Call Team Associated at (949) 544-7500 M-F 8am-4pm and they will send you the right ones.

Remember its has US screws so you'll want to use a US hex set.

AZRCaddict 04-07-2007 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by taztal3
hi guy
i got my gt2 truck but i have .12 cv-r engine what kind tune pipe good
for my .12 cv-r engine ?
i havent run yet but i will run my gt2 soon

thank tommy

Alot of the Factory guys are running the Smoothy Pipe.

Wild Cherry 04-07-2007 10:32 AM

I`m using a TG OS ..
On big track`s or slippery ones the stock pipe perform`s great ....

mremtr 04-07-2007 03:04 PM

Use the stock pipe that comes with the kit and you will be blown away at how powerful and smooth it runs !! I just got done racing gaas truck today and a buddy of mine was running that exact set up and it was PERFECT !! I personally drove it too and it is PERFECT !! The GT2 is utterly incredible !!
My old 1993 GT is just going to have to sit this one out ! I drove my butt off trying to keep up with him and another fellow ,both driving GT2's . I came in 3rd.

ollie 45 04-07-2007 05:48 PM

My buddy and I both had the same problems with our GT2's. I just dropped AE an email with the part numbers of the screws I needed and they sent me new ones in the mail in about a week or so. So call or email them with the part numbers and they'll hook you up. Good luck

jbrow1 04-07-2007 06:06 PM

Yep they sent me new screws too. Write down the part #'s for the little hinge pin keeper screws, the two front nose piece screws, and the screws that hold the tranny from the bottom. The kits that had problems, those were the screws you needed. Tell them the part #'s and they will hook you up. And don't put the front nose piece screws in tight until you get the replacements or you won't get them back out without hacking the aluminum piece with a dremel.

HECTICRACER 04-08-2007 09:47 AM

I GOT MY GT2 ON THE TRACK LAST WEEK AND THE THING IS A BEAST .I AM RUNNING A TZ AND GETTING TONS OF WHEEL SPIN IS ANYONE ESLE USING A TZ I ALSO HAD THE SAME SCREW PROBLEM DOSE ANYONE KNOW ABOUT A RESTRICTER FOR THE TZ

Scott S. 04-08-2007 11:01 AM

The TZ is alot of motor...Try to find a CV-R it is so much easier to drive. I dont know if they make a restrictor for the TZ. Alot of the other AE guys made an adapter for the 10E carb on the TZ to tame it down a little.

Crim3Wav3 04-08-2007 11:05 AM

ANYONE KNOW ABOUT A RESTRICTER FOR THE TZ
your index finger. ;)

HECTICRACER 04-08-2007 11:12 AM

INDEX FINGER WORKS WELL BUT THIS MOTOR IS ALOT FOR A 1/10 TRUCK I AM SURE THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT CAN CONTROL IT BUT WHY TRY TO CONTROL SO MUCH POWER 3/4 THROTTLE DOWN THE BAC STRAIGHT AND I PUNCH THE OTHER 1/4 AND THE THING SPINS OUT OF CONTROL I HAVE A CVR ON THE WAY WILL USE THE TZ FOR ON ROAD CAR

jbrow1 04-08-2007 11:20 AM

You can limit the throttle epa which is basically the same thing as putting a restricter in the carb. Just run it down the straight and keep setting it lower until it's not stupidly fast or out of control and that should make it better everywhere else as well. I do this on my brushless T4 and it works well. On my gas trucks I usually just tune them a little fat to tame them down depending on the track surface and layout. You can change the gearing to tame it down as well. Lots of different ways besides buying a new engine. But since you have one on the way that's the easiest : ) CV-R is a great engine.

HECTICRACER 04-08-2007 11:38 AM

EPA IS SET TO OPEN FULL THROLLTE I WILL LOWER IT AND GIVE IT A TRY .I HAVE MY THROTTLE SPEED AT ABOUT 45 TO SLOW IT DOWN .I THINK I WILL LIKE THE CVR IN MY GT2 BETTER AND THE TZ IN MY ONROAD

nitrosteve 04-09-2007 08:25 PM

TZ is nuts on power you may have a real hard time tamming that beast. Alot of top drivers are putting the 12e carb on them. Are you adding the weight to the front end like everyone else. I run a Pixy 12 and it too is sick on power at times it tough to keep the front end down add 1 ounce of weight to the front end.

HECTICRACER 04-09-2007 09:08 PM

i just installed a new carburator 10e is seen a couple factory drivers using it on the tz thought i give it a try

crazyjr 04-10-2007 07:46 AM

I don't see where you need anything more than a TG (roughly the same as a cvr, but with a rear exhaust) Using bowties on a really sandy track it was really stable. I am going to try panther step pins next and see if i can get more bite

norman2cycle 04-10-2007 05:33 PM

Hey guys, Have any of you guys run 30% nitro on the OS TG :confused: Is it safe to break the engine in????
I run 30% on my 1/8 buggy and I don't want to be buying diferent fuel :sneaky:

jbrow1 04-10-2007 06:19 PM

Check the squish in the head. Everybody told me .025" to .030" and you'll be all set for 30%. To check it you bend a piece of solder 90* so it'll fit down the glow plug hole. Make the bend face the same direction as the crankshaft so the piston can't flop, then rotate the flywheel over so it squishes the solder. Pull it out and measure it. If it's less than the above measurements add head shims till it's there.

crazyjr 04-10-2007 09:59 PM

I'm running 20% in mine with the gearing that associated provided and it runs awsome

sin city rc 04-12-2007 12:51 AM

I have a TZ in my GT2 and what I did to tame it was turn down the ARC on my M11 and my Expotential till it was a little smoother on the throttle.

GT2 04-12-2007 05:05 PM

anyone know what kinda muffler jared tebo runs on his gt2??

AEDUE 04-12-2007 05:08 PM

The Factory Team Smoothy pipe. Its new, and just as the name suggests its smooth

GT2 04-12-2007 05:19 PM

so tebo uses the ft smoothy muffler, which store carries this product

o.s. power 04-12-2007 08:00 PM

I think everybody has it on backorder

GT2 04-12-2007 08:15 PM

alright

GT2 04-15-2007 09:53 PM

i hope i can get my hands on one soon!

donut3321 04-16-2007 05:50 PM

just finished the winter season with gt2 indoor racing .and i took 1st in the points series at my local track.and it doesnt take a tz to win.even on a high bite track that we use slicks on a clay track.the os .12cvr does just fine.

now to problems ive found on gt2.fuel tanks have issues,the rear camber block is weak replace with alum.,and yes the early kits had screw problems, overall the truck is great/predictable.also by changing the tranny/upperdeck brace between
alum. factory team/rtr plastic brace it does change the way it handles.

good luck to all.

kdub 04-16-2007 06:30 PM

FYI: I just checked and AE is shipping out another batch of GT2 FT kits this week....

ollie 45 04-16-2007 07:08 PM

By putting the plastic tranny brace on, what exactly does that do to the handling? My buddy just put the plastic one on and gave me one to try also. Just wondered what the differences were. I haven't got to really run my duece yet.

donut3321 04-16-2007 08:08 PM

tends to not make the truck jump nose high as much.

Wild Cherry 04-16-2007 09:35 PM

More chassis flex

Originally Posted by Ollie 45
By putting the plastic tranny brace on, what exactly does that do to the handling? My buddy just put the plastic one on and gave me one to try also. Just wondered what the differences were. I haven't got to really run my deuce yet.

The plastic flex`s more, producing
more flex in the chassis ...

makes more traction over all...

ollie 45 04-25-2007 06:28 PM

After only running 3 tanks through my duece, it's been stalling like it is out of fuel with about 1/4 left. Is the tank junk or could it be somthing else. I need to get it fixed by Sunday. After topping off the tank it refires but than stalls with 1/4 tank left. Please help :confused: