R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   RC10GT2 thread! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/157740-rc10gt2-thread.html)

GT2 04-12-2007 05:19 PM

so tebo uses the ft smoothy muffler, which store carries this product

o.s. power 04-12-2007 08:00 PM

I think everybody has it on backorder

GT2 04-12-2007 08:15 PM

alright

GT2 04-15-2007 09:53 PM

i hope i can get my hands on one soon!

donut3321 04-16-2007 05:50 PM

just finished the winter season with gt2 indoor racing .and i took 1st in the points series at my local track.and it doesnt take a tz to win.even on a high bite track that we use slicks on a clay track.the os .12cvr does just fine.

now to problems ive found on gt2.fuel tanks have issues,the rear camber block is weak replace with alum.,and yes the early kits had screw problems, overall the truck is great/predictable.also by changing the tranny/upperdeck brace between
alum. factory team/rtr plastic brace it does change the way it handles.

good luck to all.

kdub 04-16-2007 06:30 PM

FYI: I just checked and AE is shipping out another batch of GT2 FT kits this week....

ollie 45 04-16-2007 07:08 PM

By putting the plastic tranny brace on, what exactly does that do to the handling? My buddy just put the plastic one on and gave me one to try also. Just wondered what the differences were. I haven't got to really run my duece yet.

donut3321 04-16-2007 08:08 PM

tends to not make the truck jump nose high as much.

Wild Cherry 04-16-2007 09:35 PM

More chassis flex

Originally Posted by Ollie 45
By putting the plastic tranny brace on, what exactly does that do to the handling? My buddy just put the plastic one on and gave me one to try also. Just wondered what the differences were. I haven't got to really run my deuce yet.

The plastic flex`s more, producing
more flex in the chassis ...

makes more traction over all...

ollie 45 04-25-2007 06:28 PM

After only running 3 tanks through my duece, it's been stalling like it is out of fuel with about 1/4 left. Is the tank junk or could it be somthing else. I need to get it fixed by Sunday. After topping off the tank it refires but than stalls with 1/4 tank left. Please help :confused:

kdub 04-25-2007 09:27 PM

Please check the fuel pickup in your tank. Is it moved to one side, and maybe the hose pulled off of the filter?

If there is a problem like that, AE had already updated the tank and they'll replace it. The new tanks have 3 pegs in the bottom to keep the pickup from moving around and becoming detached.

taztal3 04-26-2007 03:49 PM

i like my gt2 truck and i ran my truck last weekend and it is handling good it
i use 30% odonnell fuel and i run my engine cv-r .12 .

it is only problems is my truck cant triple jump bec truck is nose up and
my tires alike ballon and i did put glue on tires already

i need help

thank tommy

ollie 45 04-26-2007 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by kdub
Please check the fuel pickup in your tank. Is it moved to one side, and maybe the hose pulled off of the filter?

If there is a problem like that, AE had already updated the tank and they'll replace it. The new tanks have 3 pegs in the bottom to keep the pickup from moving around and becoming detached.

Hey kdub, you were right. The filter was falling off and way off to one side of the tank. I heard of this problem a number of times but was hoping it wasn't the problem. Now I have to find a "new" tank before Sunday. Thanks for your help.

dirtywater 04-26-2007 05:16 PM

which motor without making modifications

i want a .12 motor with a 12e carb and has a sg shaft already on it
or get a motor like the os vg .12 12e but the shaft has to be cut
if 1 get the vg-p with the right shaft can i switch out the slide carb with a rotoary carb and where to get the carb

jbrow1 04-26-2007 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by dirtywater
i want a .12 motor with a 12e carb and has a sg shaft already on it
or get a motor like the os vg .12 12e but the shaft has to be cut
if 1 get the vg-p with the right shaft can i switch out the slide carb with a rotoary carb and where to get the carb

The carb should swap perfect with the rotary. Go to tower and click the vg engine with the rotary carb, then click replacement parts. You'll see the rotary carb there and you can buy it separately. It's alot to spend on just a carb though.

And Ollie, you can just run my extra tank. It'll last a raceday for ya.