Losi 8ight building and setup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Tech Rookie

For you weekend racers what spare parts is in your kit for normal club racing. This is a new car for me
Old 05-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by GTCanuk
For you weekend racers what spare parts is in your kit for normal club racing. This is a new car for me
Definately get yourself some rod ends. Also, a shock rebuild kit and some shock shafts. The only thing I have broken in about 4 gallons of track time are rod ends - my buddy has broken several shock shafts (which in turn tore up the rings, spacers, etc). I have hit rebar sticking out of pipe at 40 mph and nothing happened, so you can see they are a tough car...

oh yeah, get yourself some KH 7075 clutch shoes as well..the stock ones do not last but a gallon - I got 3 gallons on my KH shoes
Old 05-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

The above, plus don't forget to Shoo Goo those plastic pieces to the shock stand offs in case you loose a nut. Also those spring retainers.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

gtsum - Your friend that has broken shock shafts, what downtravel is he running? I'd guess he's probably at full travel, if not close to it.

When you lift the rear of the car off the ground and measure the distance between the middle of the shock mounting bolts, it should be about 106mm. My guess is that his car is much longer than this, haha. Use the droop screws to adjust this.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GTCanuk
the things I've needed most:

Outer rear hingepins
air filters
a screw set
extra clutch button head screws (yesterday I just had the button head shear off as I tightened it. took me about an hour to coax the threaded shaft out)
spare body
spare body clips
spare pins, hex nuts, and wheel hexes
all the stuff for shocks plus oils
diff orings, gaskets, and diff oils
bearings (clutch and wheel)

and I just found my left front CV has a huge bow in it, so I'll be getting an extra cv set.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by satoch
The above, plus don't forget to Shoo Goo those plastic pieces to the shock stand offs in case you loose a nut. Also those spring retainers.
Shoogoo what? the shock standoff?
Lunsford ,makes them and they are a 1 piece!
Old 05-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
gtsum - Your friend that has broken shock shafts, what downtravel is he running? I'd guess he's probably at full travel, if not close to it.

When you lift the rear of the car off the ground and measure the distance between the middle of the shock mounting bolts, it should be about 106mm. My guess is that his car is much longer than this, haha. Use the droop screws to adjust this.
106 mm measured with a caliper - not sure whey he is having issues...he has also had the screw in the shock piston back out and somehow turn the piston upside down inside the shock body several times....I have watched him use loctite on it - no idea why this is happening to him??
Old 05-26-2007, 04:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by trebor
Shoogoo what? the shock standoff?
Lunsford ,makes them and they are a 1 piece!
shoo goo the plastic piece that goes into the shock cap to the shock stand off as I mentioned. Read your manual to learn the names of the parts.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:39 PM
Tech Rookie

hey guys i just finished my 10tanks(including the break in..) i am thinking to sell my 8ight RTR..and move to Mugen buggy..any recommendation where i can sell a 2nd hand buggy ?
Old 05-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Adept

Has anyone used the king headz radio tray stiffener i have an 8ight coming and i have herd on hard landings the servo hits the chassis caused by some chassis flex?

Thanks,
Old 05-26-2007, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

why sell, why dont you like the buggy?
Old 05-26-2007, 10:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Aaaallllll rriiiiiggghtt. Signed up and ready to go to Oklahoma City this weekend. Friday night my center diff front bearing grenaded on me. I guess 7 gallons will do that though. So I replaced all the bearing, including steering posts. So that is one thing I can't blame my horrid driving on. lol. I can't wait to race at a big race. Only 6 more days.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
Aaaallllll rriiiiiggghtt. Signed up and ready to go to Oklahoma City this weekend. Friday night my center diff front bearing grenaded on me. I guess 7 gallons will do that though. So I replaced all the bearing, including steering posts. So that is one thing I can't blame my horrid driving on. lol. I can't wait to race at a big race. Only 6 more days.
That's great Air8, Make sure you stop by and say hello.Ill have enough parts to build 3 car's so if you need anything..
Old 05-27-2007, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Are you racing next weekend Chris? If so let me know,so we can save you a spot.We are leaving around 8am friday.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by indaway
Are you racing next weekend Chris? If so let me know,so we can save you a spot.We are leaving around 8am friday.
Hey Frank,
Yeah these guys talked me into it. I'm going to tear my buggy down and make sure everything is ok. And clean it. I'll make the changes we talked about Saturday. I figured I'd give this race a try. Spiti is trying to get off work so he can go. We're gonna help you guys where we can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.