Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree285Likes

GL Racing GLF F1 Chassis

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2022, 11:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mugler
Was able to test GLF with .5pitch 44 spur but the 6 tooth kyosho pinion would not slip in enough on GL rotor shaft to engage teeth w/spur ( pinion drilling trick didnt work that time, broke the pinion) so ran it w/a 7 tooth PN pinion which did fit (pn doesnt make a 6T .5 pitch pinion) ...the top speed was tamer noticably but acceleration to that more comfortble top speed even though was also tamer a bit was still pretty peaky ...overall still too fast for the purposes of MF2 beginner / sportsman class ...6 tooth may do it, next time will try get it instaled before getting to track.
at our track we use a old tamiya chassis dyno . we set a max speed and dyno the cars after the run and the green light on esc has to be on for full throttle conformation to be legal
i agree the 2500 geared up is probaly a better option .spec motor and speed limit equal cars hard to cheat
Old 04-25-2022, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reynoldsglr
at our track we use a old tamiya chassis dyno . we set a max speed and dyno the cars after the run and the green light on esc has to be on for full throttle conformation to be legal
i agree the 2500 geared up is probaly a better option .spec motor and speed limit equal cars hard to cheat
For racing programs like your which can make time for dyno-ing each car for the day that will work.
In 10th scales there's been several RPM rev limiters made that plug into RX (G-Force) , a 28th scasle version for micro Rx's would be really helpful but pretty sure it doesnt exist yet.
Old 04-25-2022, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Can anyone confirm if GLF & GLR differential sets are one in the same and just have different part #'s ( GLR-006 / GLF-S-017) or is there a difference between the two also?
Old 05-05-2022, 04:50 PM
Tech Adept

Just got my GLF-1!!! Quick question - where can I find the binding instructions for the GL GSC v1.2?
Old 07-25-2022, 06:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Micro_Racer
Just got my GLF-1!!! Quick question - where can I find the binding instructions for the GL GSC v1.2?
Search YouTube for something about 'Calibrating GLA ESC' written by GL.

Currently, I can't write down the URL.
Old 12-11-2022, 10:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Where is the best place to pick up a GLF-1? I noticed RC Mart has them and some option parts. Has anyone ordered direct from GL recently? What about SoCal hobbies? Thank you!
Old 01-09-2023, 07:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Got mine from GL directly. Shipping was shockingly fast, but pricey. GT55Racing is great. Also MiniRC Planet, Small Scale Drifters & MicroRC syndicate. I’ve hit them all the last few weeks.