GL Racing GLF F1 Chassis >

GL Racing GLF F1 Chassis

Like Tree285Likes

GL Racing GLF F1 Chassis

Old 04-06-2020, 04:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vintagedriver
I found the website this morning but do not see any products for sale, just race info?
Are you on Facebook? It’s best to message them directly.

I should have mentioned that previously.

i sent them a link to this.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
Are you on Facebook? Itís best to message them directly.

I should have mentioned that previously.

i sent them a link to this.
sadly Iím social media illiterate but Iíll figure it out! Are you guys running the brass chassis or stock?
Old 04-06-2020, 06:04 PM
Tech Prophet

sadly Iím social media illiterate but Iíll figure it out! Are you guys running the brass chassis or stock?
I sent them a link to this. They will probably post or contact you. Or you can message them from here.

SIDEWINDERZ 1/28th On-Road Racing Chicagoland IL

Thatís mine in the picture. I had them build it. I like driving these. But not good with small pieces. Plus they have 20 years with small scale.

Weíve only run one test race. Iím not sure what the others have for setup.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

It really depends where you will running it, i run brass chassis as our track tractor is very low, if the traction is high in your track you can leave with carbon chassis.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lore
It really depends where you will running it, i run brass chassis as our track tractor is very low, if the traction is high in your track you can leave with carbon chassis.
Interesting I expected the opposite. Iím new to brass as Iím a 1/10 F1 driver. Guessing the brass is for weight not stiffness. In my world the higher the grip the stiffer the chassis needs to be. I will cross the brass chassis off my list...
Old 04-06-2020, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

As grip increases we go from carbon to aluminum flex to solid aluminum. 1/28 is a new world to me!
Old 04-08-2020, 07:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

Last thing I need is to add another controller. Unfortunately, the Futaba was also highly recommend when I started look last fall. And itís been nothing but a disappointment. The EX-6 get it try. The Sidewinderz guys do have a different Futaba receiver we might try Friday night. Will see what happens this weekend. I wonít rule out a Sanwa in future. I looked briefly at them when first having issues with the Futaba few months back with binding on a 1/10. The $50 receivers ended that look quickly
Iím puzzled by this. Iíve been running Futaba for years, all in 1/10 till my GL arrives. Currently use a 4PX. One of the strongest attributes of Futaba is rock solid signal and amazing range. Never had a single glitch with Futaba, even at large (100+ drivers) races. Iím not opposed to Sanwa, absolutely fantastic products, but Futaba is every bit the equal in every way. Personally I prefer how Futaba feels in my hand. M12 series felt heavy and clunky to me. Havenít tried the M17, but Sanwa guys at our track rave about it.
What iím Getting at is, in my opinion, changing radios is an odd solution to this problem. And a costly one to boot. Especially if you also run 1/10 as Sanwa receivers are rather expensive.
Billy, which receiver are you running?
I will be using the R204GF. Itís the smallest Iím aware of and also no external antenna. Real estate is limited in the chassis but hopefully I can squeeze it in without removing the case. Iím debating whether I put full size connectors on the servo and esc or convert the receiver board to micro. Certainly the latter will be significantly more brain damage 🤪

My GLF-1 arrives today and I cannot wait to start the build! Been 15 years since Iíve run tiny scale and while the F1 mini Zís were a ton of fun, I found them to be high end toys rather than true hobby grade race cars.
Thanks to all who contribute here, Iíve learned a ton before Iíve even seen the car!
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 04-08-2020, 08:09 AM
Tech Prophet

Iím puzzled by this. Iíve been running Futaba for years, all in 1/10 till my GL arrives. Currently use a 4PX. One of the strongest attributes of Futaba is rock solid signal and amazing range. Never had a single glitch with Futaba, even at large (100+ drivers) races. Iím not opposed to Sanwa, absolutely fantastic products, but Futaba is every bit the equal in every way. Personally I prefer how Futaba feels in my hand. M12 series felt heavy and clunky to me. Havenít tried the M17, but Sanwa guys at our track rave about it.
What iím Getting at is, in my opinion, changing radios is an odd solution to this problem. And a costly one to boot. Especially if you also run 1/10 as Sanwa receivers are rather expensive.
Billy, which receiver are you running?
I will be using the R204GF. Itís the smallest Iím aware of and also no external antenna. Real estate is limited in the chassis but hopefully I can squeeze it in without removing the case. Iím debating whether I put full size connectors on the servo and esc or convert the receiver board to micro. Certainly the latter will be significantly more brain damage 🤪

My GLF-1 arrives today and I cannot wait to start the build! Been 15 years since Iíve run tiny scale and while the F1 mini Zís were a ton of fun, I found them to be high end toys rather than true hobby grade race cars.
Thanks to all who contribute here, Iíve learned a ton before Iíve even seen the car!

I use it in another thats had no problems. We do think there a static issue that causing it. I was the first to have problems. But others have followed. Just out of nowhere the steering locks and no throttle. Usually restarts fine. We did find that during the winter. Itís really dry, while taking the track down. Youíll get static shocks. Itís been fine since around February. Iíve never had the problem at my home track. Itís not my only complaint with the futaba 4PL
Old 04-08-2020, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Interesting I expected the opposite. Iím new to brass as Iím a 1/10 F1 driver. Guessing the brass is for weight not stiffness. In my world the higher the grip the stiffer the chassis needs to be. I will cross the brass chassis off my list...
yes, it is a matter of increase weight, noting to do with flex, agree, different from 1/10
Old 04-08-2020, 08:33 AM
Tech Addict

Default Spur

Is there 64p spurs that fit? Iím finding pinions just not spurs. Wondering if the GLR spurs work.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

Is there 64p spurs that fit? Iím finding pinions just not spurs. Wondering if the GLR spurs work.
The standard is 64p, anyway the GLR are a perfect fit, which are exactly the same but you can find different Spur Size,
Old 04-08-2020, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Guys, last week (before Singapore went into lock down) i test the 2WD 14mm rims rear and the 2WD 11mm (Wide) rims in front and the car looked so planted, unbelievable.. And of course looks more realistic unless you run their stock rims.

Did not have the time to test 2WD tires on GLF rims, i have the feeling that the above combination should work in GLF tires too since they are about the same size...

Will follow test in a month time.

To everybody stay safe.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lore
The standard is 64p, anyway the GLR are a perfect fit, which are exactly the same but you can find different Spur Size,
Thanks! Thought I read it was 48 which made zero sense to me.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks! Thought I read it was 48 which made zero sense to me.
always happy to help
Old 04-10-2020, 10:32 AM
Tech Addict

Default 3D wing

Iíd like to get one of the 3D front wings I saw in this thread. If I recall Shapeway can make them. Any guidance would be appreciated 😁

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.