Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

TT-01 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Last edited by toast.; 02-09-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I see some guys hating on TT01s. Look its a chassis, like a '55 Chevy, people make parts for them, they're good starter cars. They make great trophy queens. You can get just about ANY other chassis out there that will be better than a TT01, but when many. many of those chassis are obsolete and orphaned by their factories, the TT01 will still be around.
I just picked up a carbon fiber conversion kit & some extra blue aluminum bling for my 12 year old, he's in heaven, he has adjustable suspension, sway bars, a 9 1/2 turn motor and handles himself quite well when bashing.
So don't compare the TT01 to other cars, just enjoy its vintageness.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bigfatslob
I see some guys hating on TT01s..
I guess that would be me ??
I'm the 1st person to criticise TT's . If it was any other brand it just wouldnt get the love it gets in the RC community, it would be ridiculed & called a toy.
Just being honest here.
I still have mine (my 3rd) . I accept it for what it is .

But yeah, its just another low spec chassis. A fun car , thats as tough as nails. Thats it.

Too many young guys get caught in the upgrade trap, spending hundreds on upgrades & in the end its still a TT, not a high spec race chassis.
I do get annoyed when some suggest it is a good choice for those wanting a start in RC racing . There are much better choices.

Want a drifter ,basher or car park fun racer, its perfect ....
Old 03-02-2014, 10:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default TT01

After doing some searching i couldnt really find any info so thought i would post here. I bought a used TT01 about a year ago and all the screws are miss matched was wondering if anyone could direct me to a site or person to buy a few screw sets for the TT01.

Thanks to those who reply.

Chris
Old 03-02-2014, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by one4rose
After doing some searching i couldnt really find any info so thought i would post here. I bought a used TT01 about a year ago and all the screws are miss matched was wondering if anyone could direct me to a site or person to buy a few screw sets for the TT01.

Thanks to those who reply.

Chris
http://www.rcscrewz.com/product_info...ts_id/1002?SID
Old 03-02-2014, 01:36 PM
Tech Adept

Try Tonys screws, there cheaper than rc screws I think.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

And Tonys Screws are both good site but unfortunately the cost of shipping is the the same cost as the screw sets.

Thanks
Chris
Old 03-15-2014, 09:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Ordering TT01 parts online

Im looking for a good place to order TT01 replacement parts online, Not really looking for hop-up parts.

LHS dont carry much in ways of tamiya parts.

I live in Canada so shipping will be a concern as well, If anyone can direct me to some good sites.

Thanks
Old 03-15-2014, 10:05 AM
Tech Adept

Tower hobbies, stormer is good too don't know about the canada thing though.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Im trying to do a ghetto drift setup for my son and I, We are using a TT01, I bought some chassis off Kijiji with some parts also some off rctech so i have a bunch of stuff.

I have hot glued the rear diff, have some PVC tires that came with one of the cars. Running a hobbywing 35A esc with a tacon 3900 or 4300 kv motor, Not sure which one. Also have a 24t pinion with a 61t spur. Have put the camber in.

Have run it twice outside with not much success. The ground i ran on today had a lot of pebbles so not sure if that could have had a negative effect on the way the car runs?

I have ordered the 3racing steering upgrade from rcmart, once i get this i will be able to adjust the toe. Anyway sorry for the novel. lol but if you have any other tips you could give me would be great, Also some setup info.
Thanks
Old 03-17-2014, 07:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by one4rose
Im trying to do a ghetto drift setup for my son and I, We are using a TT01, I bought some chassis off Kijiji with some parts also some off rctech so i have a bunch of stuff.

I have hot glued the rear diff, have some PVC tires that came with one of the cars. Running a hobbywing 35A esc with a tacon 3900 or 4300 kv motor, Not sure which one. Also have a 24t pinion with a 61t spur. Have put the camber in.

Have run it twice outside with not much success. The ground i ran on today had a lot of pebbles so not sure if that could have had a negative effect on the way the car runs?

I have ordered the 3racing steering upgrade from rcmart, once i get this i will be able to adjust the toe. Anyway sorry for the novel. lol but if you have any other tips you could give me would be great, Also some setup info.
Thanks
Wow! You shouldn't have to do any of that just to drift a tt01. I'm not really sure what you mean you haven't had any luck, that's kinda vague, but look at this video I made using a completely stock TT01 and some plastic drift tires (my Tt01 is the white GTR with gopro stickers on it, and my buddies TT01 is the orange WRX) http://youtu.be/WtLjn6A0aKg

Oh also, the higher gear ratio the better for drifting also (gives you more torque). I think we were running either 18t pinion with a 58t spur or 61t spur.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile Steering Kit (Experts! Help me!)

Hey guys!

I have a TT01 and I am going to use it for a project I have to do in school which involves me changing the camber and toe of the car. Would any of you be able to recommend me a steering kit for this? I'm pretty new to this hobby so bear with my lack of knowledge (Correct me wherever possible).

My requirements for the steering kit are pretty minimal. I need to be able to have 5 different camber angles and 5 different toe angles. Could you guys link me with a specific kit?

Google gave me so many results its so hard to decide on a kit since every kit looks so different and there is no specs on the kit to tell me how much toe or camber I can achieve.

I would really appreciate any help on this!
Old 04-17-2014, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Siddyboy
Hey guys!

I have a TT01 and I am going to use it for a project I have to do in school which involves me changing the camber and toe of the car. Would any of you be able to recommend me a steering kit for this? I'm pretty new to this hobby so bear with my lack of knowledge (Correct me wherever possible).

My requirements for the steering kit are pretty minimal. I need to be able to have 5 different camber angles and 5 different toe angles. Could you guys link me with a specific kit?

Google gave me so many results its so hard to decide on a kit since every kit looks so different and there is no specs on the kit to tell me how much toe or camber I can achieve.

I would really appreciate any help on this!
Try this part number? http://www.ebay.com/bhp/tamiya-53674
Old 04-17-2014, 07:41 PM
Tech Addict

What kind of project? Like a science project? Most projects like that, you have to have a hypothesis, then you collect data on by testing.

How are you going to do that? You're not going to be able to see any difference unless you are a seriously good driver already.

The differences are slight and show up at different times. e.g., corner in vs. corner out.

The TT-01 is not a good test subject anyway. Your rear toe angles are limited by the rear bearing carrier. 0 and 2.

Front toe is adjustable with the optional turnbuckles but you really never have more than 1 degree out to 1 degree in.

Finally, camber, what are you going to do there, test from 0 to 4 degrees all the way around? 4 degrees of negative camber is too much.

Anyway, you don't need a "kit". You just need the turnbuckles that come with the TT01E Type R.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
Just so you know, this "kit" gives you the ability to adjust camber only.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.