Search
Like Tree54Likes

TT-01 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 07:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ViperZ
I just started my TT-01 project last night. What a fun little kit this is! It reminds me of building static model cars, cutting all the plastic parts from the sprue. I can see this becoming addicting as I'm already looking for another Tamiya kit to build in the future.

I plan to have this particular kit more as a display model that can be run from time to time. I added the Hop-Up Parts of bearings, Aluminum drive shaft, Aluminum motor mount, and oil dampers. I have some old brushed modified 05 motors I may try with the Kit ESC, or even a 3500kv brushless motor and ESC I have in my parts bin. Nothing crazy, but some how I want to keep this kit more as intended.

Is there a foam insert that fits this particular model? I could not help but notice the stock kit tires are really soft with out a foam insert....

Photos
Bought one used on here month or so ago and just started building a new one. A simple little car that is so much fun to build and drive. I added the +2 rear hubs and aluminum steering rack with what you have done and those items completly changed the way this car drives.

Think tamiya makes foams that will work but i am not sure. Awesome looking car and look forward to seeing yours completed.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Zonk
Bought one used on here month or so ago and just started building a new one. A simple little car that is so much fun to build and drive. I added the +2 rear hubs and aluminum steering rack with what you have done and those items completly changed the way this car drives.

Think tamiya makes foams that will work but i am not sure. Awesome looking car and look forward to seeing yours completed.

So true, simple yet fun! I may look in to the additional mods you listed, thanks!

I seen the grey Tamiya foams mentioned somewhere, but have not found a part number yet.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:45 PM
Tech Adept

So true, simple yet fun! I may look in to the additional mods you listed, thanks!

I seen the grey Tamiya foams mentioned somewhere, but have not found a part number yet.
53295 is what I got not sure if those are the mediums or not ?

I used the 3 racing aluminum rack, cheap and it worked
Old 05-18-2014, 03:05 PM
Tech Adept

What are you guys using to cut the wheel wells out ? I dread doing it because i never get them right.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:29 PM
Tech Addict

53295 is what I got not sure if those are the mediums or not ?

I used the 3 racing aluminum rack, cheap and it worked
Awesome, thanks! I'll go get it

What are you guys using to cut the wheel wells out ? I dread doing it because i never get them right.
I always use an Xacto knife to cut out my bodies. I'll use lexan scissors as well, but the knife does the most of the work. Lightly score and then tear away. Sometimes i get tense too after hundreds of bodies, but the best thing to do is just relax
Old 05-18-2014, 04:08 PM
Tech Adept

Awesome, thanks! I'll go get it

I always use an Xacto knife to cut out my bodies. I'll use lexan scissors as well, but the knife does the most of the work. Lightly score and then tear away. Sometimes i get tense too after hundreds of bodies, but the best thing to do is just relax
I am pretty relaxed right up to cutting the wheels out especially on a TC body lol. from the looks we have the same kit so i could just buy yours and send you mine

Does this thing work at all ?

Old 05-18-2014, 04:23 PM
Tech Addict

I am pretty relaxed right up to cutting the wheels out especially on a TC body lol. from the looks we have the same kit so i could just buy yours and send you mine

Does this thing work at all ?
If we were closer I would certainly be up for that

I have a similar circle cutter made by Olfa, and they work great on bodes with round symmetrical wheel cut outs. I have only used it on 3 bodies since, but it does work well. Unfortunately the E30 M3's wheel cut outs are not fully round.

These are the 2 bodies I have used the circle cutter on with good results.

Sweep 1/8 PL1. I used it on the back, and actually it was perfect in re cutting again to in large the cut out. I just taped the body down to a piece of wood, sized the cutting compass up, once I found center and cut it bigger. It worked very well.

Proline Ford Focus 1/8
Old 05-18-2014, 04:52 PM
Tech Adept

If we were closer I would certainly be up for that

I have a similar circle cutter made by Olfa, and they work great on bodes with round symmetrical wheel cut outs. I have only used it on 3 bodies since, but it does work well. Unfortunately the E30 M3's wheel cut outs are not fully round.

These are the 2 bodies I have used the circle cutter on with good results.

Sweep 1/8 PL1. I used it on the back, and actually it was perfect in re cutting again to in large the cut out. I just taped the body down to a piece of wood, sized the cutting compass up, once I found center and cut it bigger. It worked very well.

Proline Ford Focus 1/8
Wow those look great ! have you ran them lol

Painting mine white and painting the accessories black. Either PS57 Pearl white or just PS1 gloss, not made the leap to airbrushing just yet.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:44 AM
Tech Addict

Wow those look great ! have you ran them lol

Painting mine white and painting the accessories black. Either PS57 Pearl white or just PS1 gloss, not made the leap to airbrushing just yet.
Thanks! The Rally car I've ran, the Sweep, not yet... Soon
Old 05-19-2014, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks! The Rally car I've ran, the Sweep, not yet... Soon
Bet that sweep will be a animal
Old 05-19-2014, 09:56 PM
Tech Addict

Bet that sweep will be a animal
I expect it will be That GT8 Lite chassis is pretty fast!
Old 05-25-2014, 12:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Does anyone of you guys know if the TT-01 ball diff does improve the cars performance and lap times?
Also what's the weight of the complete ball diff?
Old 08-13-2014, 05:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 29/52 Gearing + Stock Motor?

Hey guys

I have the parts etc to run my TT01 on a 29/52 Gear Ratio with a Johnson 540 motor.

I need to know if the motor will last? What do I need to keep in mind of when I do this.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bonzai316
Hey guys

I have the parts etc to run my TT01 on a 29/52 Gear Ratio with a Johnson 540 motor.

I need to know if the motor will last? What do I need to keep in mind of when I do this.
Keep the motor cleaned and lubed and don't over heat it
you should be fine
Are you drifting or racing?
Old 08-13-2014, 05:36 AM
Tech Addict

They get hot.

I've had the same silver can in two different TT-01s for a year. Don't touch them. They are fast.

But that is racing them 5-7 minutes at a time.

If you run and run and run, your results may vary.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.