Search
Like Tree54Likes

TT-01 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 01:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HPIFreak
so i have about $500 into mine
Please please please guys, dont get caught in the Tamiya upgrade trap (con). Accept the TT for what it is, a low spec basher , tough as nails fun car .

Even with $600 of upgrades a TT will never be as good as this $500 car
http://www.rcmart.com/xray-300020-20...cPath=420_1169

or as good as this $240 car
http://www.rcmart.com/spec-sprr1tcpr...cPath=420_1581

or as good as this $160 Tamiya TB04
http://www.rcmart.com/tamiya-58580-t...cPath=420_1167

Perhaps the TB04 is what the TT02 should have been.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

yea, thats why i said do what you will with this information. its not really worth the money in the upgrades, but, with those upgrades, it really does make the car a ton more competitive. when i got the TT01 i was really hoping i could make a cheap car compete with the high end kits, and like i said, i found out i couldnt because of the fact that its shaft driven, and the motor is perpendicular to the drive line and so on. the way my TT01 is now is very capable, but still not "the best" like top of the line kits. which is why i also ordered one of these

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store..._Car_KIT_.html

for $65 i couldnt pass it up. im not expecting that kit to be as good as a $500 Xray kit, but should still be better than my TT01
Old 01-15-2014, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

yea, thats why i said do what you will with this information. its not really worth the money in the upgrades, but, with those upgrades, it really does make the car a ton more competitive. when i got the TT01 i was really hoping i could make a cheap car compete with the high end kits, and like i said, i found out i couldnt because of the fact that its shaft driven, and the motor is perpendicular to the drive line and so on. the way my TT01 is now is very capable, but still not "the best" like top of the line kits. which is why i also ordered one of these

for $65 i couldnt pass it up. im not expecting that kit to be as good as a $500 Xray kit, but should still be better than my TT01

That car can be made competitive, had one and made it work pretty well, especially for the money. Not an Xray, but can compete with them if you do a few small upgrades and can drive. With about $100 in the car including upgrades (kit and upgrades), you can have a very competitive touring car if you know how to tune them decently.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:55 AM
Tech Addict

My bone stock $109 Spec-R S1 is a ton better than my TT-01R Type E with every possible upgrade.

Alas..., we use the TT-01 at the house "starter" class here so that's why I have one. I don't run that class anymore but the TT's are held in reserve for my boys.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:32 PM
Tech Addict

Thats actually a Sakura-S. I had one of these a few years back, cost me alot more than $64
A bargain at that price. Just check belt tension after you build it, I had to go to a smaller center pulley.
A drop of very thin oil on the screws will make them ALOT easier to screw into the plastic- you'll see what I mean when you build it, unless they have changed a few things since I had mine.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi Newbie here
I've got 3 TT01's for myself my 6 y/o son and my 10 y/o daughter loves it too
I'm just recently getting back into RC cars had these 3 cars for around 4-5 months but I'm looking at starting to race properly at my local circuit, don't think I will win anything unless you win something for last place
anyway I'm looking at getting a better chassis for racing doesn't have to be top spec but a competitive one for club level what's peoples opinions?

Budget I suppose is around £150-£200 or $220-$300 but it's not a fixed one

TIA
Paul
Old 01-17-2014, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I would look for a clean 2013 Xray T4. They sell for $300 or less.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by edhchoe
I would look for a clean 2013 Xray T4. They sell for $300 or less.
Cool thanks, that's a chassis I've been looking at on RCMart (one of a few) they are around $520 but I got confused what is the best one, as I see there is a 2014 model which is around the same money is the 2013 better than the 2014??

But it looks a good chassis is there any trouble getting spares for these as I've never heard of them before I've been out of the RC scene for around 25 years last time I raced was when I was 14 and I used to have optimas, turbo optima and hotshots back then.
1st car I had was a Tamiya grasshopper when I was around 8y/o great car for messing around but god was it bad trying to race it steering was all over the place
Old 01-18-2014, 07:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by saabmania2
Hi Newbie here
I've got 3 TT01's for myself my 6 y/o son and my 10 y/o daughter loves it too
I'm just recently getting back into RC cars had these 3 cars for around 4-5 months but I'm looking at starting to race properly at my local circuit, don't think I will win anything unless you win something for last place
anyway I'm looking at getting a better chassis for racing doesn't have to be top spec but a competitive one for club level what's peoples opinions?

Budget I suppose is around £150-£200 or $220-$300 but it's not a fixed one

TIA
Paul
Look no further...

Spec-R S1 for $109 or R1 for $279. U.S. pricing from TQ RC.

Knock off of a X-ray. (Known for making aftermarket parts for X-ray and others) Absolutely competitive with anything. Cars share every part. So you could buy them S1s and get yourself the R1 and have one parts bin.

Has their own forum here.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...l#post12917660 Post in this forum and I'll be happy to help you more. You WILL be glad you did. You can race with the X-rays at a fraction of the cost.

Available at RCMart even cheaper if you're in Asia or Europe.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:17 AM
Tech Adept

S1 is outta stock...
Old 01-18-2014, 12:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi .crispy is this the one? (oh damn it won't let me post a link yet I haven't done enough posts ) so here is there product code is this the right one? SPR-S1STC
I've got a 10% discount card for RCMart too if it is I'll get one ordered up now with some new radio gear and brush less setup

Bargain that is £52 uk pounds
Old 01-18-2014, 02:11 PM
Tech Rookie

No worries I've been reading up on them and just bought one but I also bought a new controller with lipo and speed passion brushless system
because of the Lipo's it won't be here for around 6 to 8 weeks
Old 01-18-2014, 03:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Just thought I would post some pics up of our 3 TT01 cars

All have hop ups like Alloy prop shaft, fully ball raced (with ceramic bearings)
yellow and blue have standard motors,
the silver car has a speed passion brushless 10.5T revolution S motor and oil filled shocks

Old 01-19-2014, 01:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by saabmania2
Cool thanks, that's a chassis I've been looking at on RCMart (one of a few) they are around $520 but I got confused what is the best one, as I see there is a 2014 model which is around the same money is the 2013 better than the 2014??

But it looks a good chassis is there any trouble getting spares for these as I've never heard of them before I....
Spares: Plenty on ebay & via online sellers. Buy spares in advance & you'll be fine, do that with any RC car you buy.
Any car that isnt Tamiya TT01 can be hard to get spares at local shops
I drive a Xray as my main car, an older version
Xray is a VERY tough car, I bought a bunch of xray spares a while back but never seem to need em.
The 2014 version is the new, better version. Its outside my price range though
The Spec-R also mentioned is very good for the price.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by 1101
Spares: Plenty on ebay & via online sellers. Buy spares in advance & you'll be fine, do that with any RC car you buy.
Any car that isnt Tamiya TT01 can be hard to get spares at local shops
I drive a Xray as my main car, an older version
Xray is a VERY tough car, I bought a bunch of xray spares a while back but never seem to need em.
The 2014 version is the new, better version. Its outside my price range though
The Spec-R also mentioned is very good for the price.
Cheers I ordered the Spec R Last night and I also ordered a complete new set up of motor and rc gear i've ordered a couple of spares but will order more, I've always had loads of spares for my TT01's infact I have 1 spare bathtub but if I had 5-6 I could probably build another 5-6 cars

But the spare won't go to waste as my 2 kids will still have TT01's and I will have 1 for bashing might give it some off road mods though to make the suspension sit a little higher

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.