Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveW
Yanno, i bought the T2 because i wanted to know what made the car tick. So many people bought the FK05 and picked up a lap or so... but alot of those same people lost those laps at the car degraded from the use/abuse their previous cars went through. So one could say that maintenance and condition of a car could be as important as the actual geometry of it. Is the T2 a better car through superior design? Anyone that knows a little bit about suspension can tell you that there is a fine line between what works and what doesnt. I dont see Xray having some magical hold on setup or suspension design, i just see a car that has been refined 5X more than any other car on the market. People buying the car that has "all of the bugs worked out" will of course be faster... all of the hard work is done for them. It is still up to them to maintain, not only the lap times, but the car that gave those lap times. With that said, i dont see the "**", or any car as, special or extraordinary... in the end it comes down to the driver that wheels and maintains the car. I have however, also been known to be opinionated, and occasionally wrong.

- DaveW
That's strange...the people that gained a lap when switching to the FK05 locally have continued to improve and get better with the car...

One of the major reasons for this(IMO) is that it didn't seem to degrade at the same rate as other cars(year old FK05 diffs are routinely smoother than freshly rebuilt diffs from many competitor offerings), as well as being more forgiving with setup...the car didn't need to be absolutely perfect to perform.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

the car didn't need to be absolutely perfect to perform.
Nope! I think I've proved that on many occasions...lol
Old 01-31-2006, 07:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Hey guys, i wasnt trying to stir the pot on this issue, i was just trying to share my findings. I dont think everyones beef is that they can tell if the rear toe is a problem on the track... but for $400 bread... there should be no beef. Xray even offers "THE FINEST setup station" to racers, and that very station shows inconsistencies in their own design. If this "inconsequential" amount of toe was a non issue, then why even offer a setup station? Is it a sales gimmick to offer such a tuning tool?? Have we been lied to all along? Certainly not. All i was trying to do was share my findings... this way everyone INTERESTED could see if their T2 had the same problem. After all, if we never voice our issues, Xray will never know that there is a problem. I personally waited for the dust to settle before i even tried to build my T2. No parts, no spares...? Im already pissed off at one R/C car, i certainly dont wanna be mad at one i spent a 1:1 car payment on. Talk about putting a bad taste in your mouth before you could even chew...

I think it should also be noted that there is a definite difference in a driver that is looking for tenths of a lap, and a driver that is looking for LAPS. A driver that is looking for tenths of a lap WILL notice a rear toe issue... the car just will not feel right. Not everyone has the same amount of skill, or even pays that amount of attention/detail to this "hobby". But for those that do/dont, a little respect is deserved.

- DaveW
Well said Dave. I agree with you 100%.

I think I have found a solution. I might buy 2 team tamale rear hubs one with 1 degree toe-in and anothe with 2 degree toe-in.

Last edited by HRCRACER123; 01-31-2006 at 07:15 AM.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

If the toe issue isn't in the hub, or the arms, then shimming the arms as indicated by Xray will actually straighten them up to where they should be initially....

I can't verify on my car as my bulkheads are aligned to within .02mm front to rear according to my caliper and my toe is nearly perfect....(out by less than .5*)
Old 01-31-2006, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

Hey,

Has anyone had trouble with the shock collar hole being to tight for the piston and no rebounding becasue of this?

If so how did you fix it.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Fella's I have to be honest with you, I've only started racing for a little over a year, started with a Shaft driven AE car, that remains to be nameless...and after picking up my lap times and feeling confortable with the basics decided to pick up the house car at the track, T2. I have herd a lot about X-Ray and they're superior quality, and after building there kit, it didn't disappoint. I won my first race, in 19t, and shaved some more time off my laps. I guess what I'm trying to say that, X-Ray owners (FK05) have already been subjected to one of the highest quality, and only expect that same level if not more from the "latest and greatest" kit from X-Ray, expecting the same results as I did, as a beginner. However I think when you get to that platoh, it's only a matter of perfecting your driving, and not the car.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beyondthepack
Fella's I have to be honest with you, I've only started racing for a little over a year, started with a Shaft driven AE car, that remains to be nameless....
Funny ... an AE shaft-drive car that is to remain nameless and you signature still having AE TC4 in it ... hmmmm what AE could that be???

Old 01-31-2006, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

I was going to say the same thing....but ya beat me to it...
Old 01-31-2006, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Well I have been quiet on this because I have yet ran my car due to the fact of the parts (which I knew about and planned around that). I built the car and let it sit until last night, I was planning on just shaking the car down Sat. as I leave for the 'Birds Tue. (I had planned on running my 05 anyway so no big deal)

I installed all electronics, motor and battery. Placed the car on the droop blocks and it teetered (sp.) I backed off all screws and tightened them again. the car was flat after that. So I move on to the set-up station. I have .05 degs of rear toe on the left and 3degs on the right...... I took all shims out and screwed the the arms directly to the bulkhead I had just a little less than 1deg on the left and a little over 1deg on the eight. So I measured all the shims. they are within a few thous. of each other but I did match up the shims on each side... Put the car back together and had the same as without the shims.... so at that point I put it up until today!

I got in the solid top deck from CRC, went to install it and noticed that the rear holes are off.... Now is this the top plate or the Bulkheads?!?!?!? Who knows. So I played with it and got the hole to finally accept the screws... Tightened them down and the car is so tweaked it isn't funny! On a flat table if you push down on the left front of the chassis the right rear lifts almost 2mm!

I am at a loss right now as to what to do....Other than run my 05 until it falls apart! LOL

Anyone else that got the top deck had an issuse after installing it?
Did your holes line up?

I a taking with me Sat. to let some of the others with the car try to install it on thier cars to see if its does the same to them....
Old 01-31-2006, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imprsme
Well I have been quiet on this because I have yet ran my car due to the fact of the parts (which I knew about and planned around that). I built the car and let it sit until last night, I was planning on just shaking the car down Sat. as I leave for the 'Birds Tue. (I had planned on running my 05 anyway so no big deal)

I installed all electronics, motor and battery. Placed the car on the droop blocks and it teetered (sp.) I backed off all screws and tightened them again. the car was flat after that. So I move on to the set-up station. I have .05 degs of rear toe on the left and 3degs on the right...... I took all shims out and screwed the the arms directly to the bulkhead I had just a little less than 1deg on the left and a little over 1deg on the eight. So I measured all the shims. they are within a few thous. of each other but I did match up the shims on each side... Put the car back together and had the same as without the shims.... so at that point I put it up until today!

I got in the solid top deck from CRC, went to install it and noticed that the rear holes are off.... Now is this the top plate or the Bulkheads?!?!?!? Who knows. So I played with it and got the hole to finally accept the screws... Tightened them down and the car is so tweaked it isn't funny! On a flat table if you push down on the left front of the chassis the right rear lifts almost 2mm!

I am at a loss right now as to what to do....Other than run my 05 until it falls apart! LOL

Anyone else that got the top deck had an issuse after installing it?
Did your holes line up?

I a taking with me Sat. to let some of the others with the car try to install it on thier cars to see if its does the same to them....
Perhaps you have the topdeck upside-down. Try flipping over the top deck.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MDawson
Perhaps you have the topdeck upside-down. Try flipping over the top deck.
The CRC top deck will only go one way, its countersunk screw on that one...I thought about that already.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you wait one more week then the team pickles top deck and chassis will be out. Ed Forer (team pickles himself! lol) posted earlier on the thread, but basically it is a dead on copy of the stock topdeck and chassis but with no slots in the chassis and a solid countersunk topdeck, the first prototype was cut today and fit MINT! If you want one for snowbirds email him at [email protected] (i think that email addy works, but not 100% sure, i am not on that committe)
Old 01-31-2006, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imprsme
The CRC top deck will only go one way, its countersunk screw on that one...I thought about that already.
Interesting. Does the hole pattern match the standard T2 topdeck?
Old 01-31-2006, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stormperson
If you wait one more week then the team pickles top deck and chassis will be out. Ed Forer (team pickles himself! lol) posted earlier on the thread, but basically it is a dead on copy of the stock topdeck and chassis but with no slots in the chassis and a solid countersunk topdeck, the first prototype was cut today and fit MINT! If you want one for snowbirds email him at [email protected] (i think that email addy works, but not 100% sure, i am not on that committe)
Well I appreaciate the info., but I am not going to keep buying things (chassis and top decks) just to see if that is the problem! For $400 this car should be RIGHT out of the box! I love my 05! but the T2 is another story, To bad it hasn't even seen the track yet!

Mark the holes were so close it wasn't an issue!
Old 01-31-2006, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think it should also be noted that there is a definite difference in a driver that is looking for tenths of a lap, and a driver that is looking for LAPS. A driver that is looking for tenths of a lap WILL notice a rear toe issue... the car just will not feel right. Not everyone has the same amount of skill, or even pays that amount of attention/detail to this "hobby". But for those that do/dont, a little respect is deserved.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.