Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "Thats it!!! Get the F_*K out of Stock!!!" thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yeah nascar is a joke going in circles for a a few hours day BAH. try bathurst (V8 supercars) going around a track for a whole day (they need to change the brake discs on some cars becasue they wear out)
although the money in nascar is stealing alot of drivers marcus ambrose is leaving V8supercars for nascar becasue the money is good the driving is easy and he is starting to lose compeditvieness in V8s
Old 11-11-2005, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Another point i havent seen raised, i totally agree with the idea that id rather race against better drivers and develope into a better driver, even if that means i dont win anything for a long long time. BUT.... there is a major problem with the top level drivers not being approachable, and ive seen this at ALOT of tracks. Dont get me wrong, theres alot of great drivers who win AND help tune etc new drivers and even regular drivers.

I *HATE* with a passion, to see anyone who has ANY kind of deal, who does well in the sport and doesnt give back to it by helping out the slower drivers. On many occasions, ive put my car to one side while i setup someones chassis, rebuild there motors etc etc etc. Ive even turned up to tune up nights, without my cars, just with my setup gear, and basically tutored some new drivers on easier ways to get around the corners etc etc. What the hell would i do down at the track if we lost the rest of the competitors?

IMHO, if everyone at the top of club level racing were to change attitudes and give back to the sport by promoting it, and helping EVERYONE out, now that would make the sport grow exponentially.

With that been said, at a local track i raced at back home in Aust, they had novice, stock, and pro-stock. Novice was obvious, everyone had to run in the class to start with, u upgraded to stock once you were seen to be able to negotiate the track relatively well. You didnt have to do any quick times etc. Then when you score a few nights under a certain consistency and race time, you got bumped into prostock. It really worked very well. Mod only ever ran when the guys actually would turn up with there car. Expecting someone to run a class they dont want to run or to expect someone to buy more gear that they dont want is not the way to go. You now have the problem of losing people from the sport, because they were forced to go to mod. Just regrade your stock classes.

Now thats for club racing obviously. For national events, dont turn up if you dont want to race against the best, that goes for all classes. Isnt the idea to be the best, you have to beat the best? Factory backing isnt that effective at major races, with handout motors and tyres. From what i heard at the IIC anyone was able to get there motors seen to by the different motor companies also, so no benefit there. Batteries is the only problem. Maybe we have handout batts at these events also. Just my 2c
Old 11-11-2005, 03:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

This thread is funny.

I will simply say. I would run mod if offered at the club level but around here but it's never offered. When I was running on the regional level I wasn't able to "practice up" for mod. Therefore I stayed in stock and will continue to do so.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:36 PM
Tech Adept

I'd agree that too many experienced racers run stock. I think they try mod a handfull of times, can't hang and give up. The guys that I've seen make up there mind to run mod for a period of time and then try stock again can't stand it and wind up back in mod. Stock becomes boring. Brushless now allows for modified speeds with very minimal maintenence and the system pays for itself after a season of not buying brushes every run. Also if your time is worth $10 an hour how much more money are you saving. It takes me about a half hour to rebuild a standard motor. In mod that could be 6 or 7 rebuilds a day. 3 hours that's $30 and 6 sets of brushes theres another $30. I'd much rather tune the car or just hang out than work on motors. After all it is just for fun and I never expect to make a living at it.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Soviet
You are the muthaflippin' MAN!!!

JGTC and all other Touring (Especially Aussie Super V8's) kick ASSCAR in the nads.

God, NASCAR is such inbred corporate shit.
jgtc KICKS MAJOR BUTT!!!!!!! Last December at California speedway had a race and HPI had a R/c JGTC race it was a awsome event. you got to see cars like these race. Also see things like the last two pics also NICE !!!!
Attached Thumbnails The "Thats it!!! Get the F_*K out of Stock!!!" thread-dscf0009.jpg   The "Thats it!!! Get the F_*K out of Stock!!!" thread-dscf0014.jpg   The "Thats it!!! Get the F_*K out of Stock!!!" thread-dscf0015.jpg   The "Thats it!!! Get the F_*K out of Stock!!!" thread-dscf0010.jpg   The "Thats it!!! Get the F_*K out of Stock!!!" thread-dscf0003.jpg  

Old 11-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by howard hudson
jgtc KICKS MAJOR BUTT!!!!!!! Last December at California speedway had a race and HPI had a R/c JGTC race it was a awsome event. you got to see cars like these race. Also see things like the last two pics also NICE !!!!
In that last pic is she holding your buisness card?
Old 11-11-2005, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

I would only practice w/ mod and race it, but alot of clubs/tracks don't want to b/c tire wear, parts wear, and difficulty. New cvd's weekly, new tires every 3 runs, new brushes every 3 runs, rebuilds every run. That's probably a valid reason why mod isn't all that popular.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stinkypop

Nope that was the paper with my phone number on it........
Old 11-11-2005, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Stay tuned for tomorrows big thread.......

All you board bashers, get the **** out of mod if you can't drive!!

Old 11-11-2005, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stinkypop
Thats my card key for my room!!!! MAN WHAT A NIGHT THAT WAS !!!! ( wakes up from dream )
Old 11-11-2005, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Howard - Her Yokohamas are dialed!
Old 11-11-2005, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

This wasn't bad either can you say peekaboo !!!!!
Attached Thumbnails The "Thats it!!! Get the F_*K out of Stock!!!" thread-dscf0175.jpg  
Old 11-11-2005, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Doug D
Howard - Her Yokomas are dialed!
yes lots-o-tread
Old 11-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Tech Regular

Unhappy

Fast Ho Cars, How come Your not racing in SWGP this weekend?
Old 11-11-2005, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

T

what luck to find this question posted in this thread? is that a hint for me to move out of stock?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.