Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

this is my FXM

aracefan likes this.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003
Hello fellow FX/M owners!

I'm showing you this little modification I've conjured up to stiffen up the front to rear flex.

It's worth trying and I'm interested to hear your results.

Happy racing!

I'm still working on the wiring and weight placement.
If your not going to use the brass weight up front you should put your weights up front under the bellcrank and on the bottom side of te lower suspension arms. Lcg battery helps keep the weight down as long as it's not a big big asphalt track you won't have to worry about batttery fade. My car was undefeated on carpet at almost every trophy race in the north west.
Quinny45 and aracefan like this.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:03 AM
Tech Addict

I test the fenix gear diff on my vbc and work very well !

the only thing you need to works is the adaptor come with the carbon fiber axle because the fenix axle is not treaded ! I run it with gravity 2.5M in the gear diff and work well !

at the club I race it motiv MC2 25.5 with gravity F-1 spec tire
Old 08-01-2017, 11:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Now we are distributing VBC Racing products to US market.

Lightning12M kit is in stock now and the more VBC Racing kits and parts are coming !!

https://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/prod...?s_maker_id=87
Old 09-27-2017, 05:35 PM
Tech Addict

Getting my FXM ready for the winter season. I bought the Associated RC10F6 front and rear wing set. The rear went in without a hitch. I had to sand the front wing where it inserts into the nose as it wouldn't fit.

I also tried the Montech F17 body but it was way too narrow in the rear. I'll have to find another body as this one is ruined
Old 10-08-2017, 08:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quinny45
I test the fenix gear diff on my vbc and work very well !

the only thing you need to works is the adaptor come with the carbon fiber axle because the fenix axle is not treaded ! I run it with gravity 2.5M in the gear diff and work well !

at the club I race it motiv MC2 25.5 with gravity F-1 spec tire
You went with the metric or imperial version? Metric I think, right?

Which adapter are you referring to needing?
Old 10-10-2017, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

i have the FX and the steering screw on the bottom of the chassis pulled though can i make a new hole for the steering bell crank front or back without it handling weird don't like the one little screw that holds the bell crank in seems weak
Old 10-11-2017, 12:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mstrfahrenheit
You went with the metric or imperial version? Metric I think, right?

Which adapter are you referring to needing?
imperial version axle bearing was 1/4 x 3/8

and you need the little parts come with the carbon alxe because the Fenix gear diff have no tread like VBC axle
https://www.vbcracing.com/products/l...-d-05-vbc-0248

OR

you can customize a screw to be like that
mstrfahrenheit likes this.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:51 PM
Tech Addict

My FXM ready for this year:

Body: Bitty Design Type-6C (Fits perfect)
Front Wing: Associated (Painted)
Rear Wing: Associated (Wrapped)

Colors used: Tamiya Flourescent Red, Tamiya White

VBC Lightning FX-f1_side.jpgVBC Lightning FX-fxm_front.jpgVBC Lightning FX-fxm_side.jpg
aracefan likes this.
Old 10-29-2017, 06:00 PM
Tech Adept

Default setup help

hey guys. need some setup help on my FXM. First time out on the track, spent a good 3 hours getting to this point. I got it driveable by the end of the session, but relative to the fast guys, not too close. Just can't take the infield fast enough.

Symptoms:
Push on entry and mid.
Snap loose on exit.
Push on large sweeper.

I've attached my setup sheet. The biggest thing I can see is the ride heights -- which I struggle mightily with for some reason.

Basically the car is leaning back - which would explain the push. But I have no idea how to raise the ride height in the back. Adding inserts in the rear axle seems to lower the ride height.

Any thoughts on the heights or setup? thx

Setup link on onedrive:
https://1drv.ms/b/s!AtzG4hHox5F3snoBi9ZZ_EWCwNin
Old 10-29-2017, 08:24 PM
Tech Rookie

hey guys. need some setup help on my FXM. First time out on the track, spent a good 3 hours getting to this point. I got it driveable by the end of the session, but relative to the fast guys, not too close. Just can't take the infield fast enough.

Symptoms:
Push on entry and mid.
Snap loose on exit.
Push on large sweeper.

I've attached my setup sheet. The biggest thing I can see is the ride heights -- which I struggle mightily with for some reason.

Basically the car is leaning back - which would explain the push. But I have no idea how to raise the ride height in the back. Adding inserts in the rear axle seems to lower the ride height.

Setup link on onedrive:
lower your front ride height
Old 10-30-2017, 06:36 AM
Tech Addict

Symptoms:
Push on entry and mid.
Snap loose on exit.
Push on large sweeper.

Setup link on onedrive:

Check your front spacers. According to the setup sheet you provided, you have 4mm under the knuckle and 0mm above. There should be 2 1mm spacers that go there according to the manual. Also, how many inserts do you have in the rear? I believe I have both 1mm inserts installed on my car. Also check the tightness of the rear diff. For outdoor, I had to run the diff pretty loose.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by eevul
Check your front spacers. According to the setup sheet you provided, you have 4mm under the knuckle and 0mm above. There should be 2 1mm spacers that go there according to the manual. Also, how many inserts do you have in the rear? I believe I have both 1mm inserts installed on my car. Also check the tightness of the rear diff. For outdoor, I had to run the diff pretty loose.
Yea, that was a typo.

I have 4mm between the lower arm and the steering block and also 2 1mm spacers between the steering block and the upper arm. As per manual.

re: the rear. I don't have any spacers in the rear. The rear ride height was so low with the spacer (couldn't even get the ride height tool under) that I had to take it out. Even with that, I would have liked to get to 4 - 4.5mm ride height, but can't seem to get there.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:06 AM
Tech Addict

Yea, that was a typo.

I have 4mm between the lower arm and the steering block and also 2 1mm spacers between the steering block and the upper arm. As per manual.

re: the rear. I don't have any spacers in the rear. The rear ride height was so low with the spacer (couldn't even get the ride height tool under) that I had to take it out. Even with that, I would have liked to get to 4 - 4.5mm ride height, but can't seem to get there.
I remember having a similar issue when I built mine. If I remember correctly, I had forgotten to add the ride height spacers in the front (page 10 on the manual). I'm referring to the D-05-VBC-1018 1.5mm spacers. This left the front really high which in turn makes the rear lower.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eevul
I remember having a similar issue when I built mine. If I remember correctly, I had forgotten to add the ride height spacers in the front (page 10 on the manual). I'm referring to the D-05-VBC-1018 1.5mm spacers. This left the front really high which in turn makes the rear lower.
I measured my front spacers tonight and I have 2mm underneath the knuckles and 3.5mm above. I'm using CRC F1 tires and my ride height in the front is 4.4mm (using a Hudy ride height gauge).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.