Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree829Likes

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 01:08 AM
Tech Master

What would I have to do to get my RC10R5.1 WGT-R compliant? I'm trying to decide between WGT-R or making it into a Pro 10 car.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It would be extremely helpful if Protoform showed pics of this new body mounted (unpainted) on the CRC WGT-R/T chassis...
Old 09-01-2016, 06:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WagwanBumba
Hey hey! Really interested in getting a set of the CRC wheels/tyres. Where can I get these apart from the CRC website?
Cheers
I believe kimihiko-yano.net has them

Stormerhobbies.com should have them.

Horizonhobbies.com

teamcrc.com
Old 09-01-2016, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JustWill75
What would I have to do to get my RC10R5.1 WGT-R compliant? I'm trying to decide between WGT-R or making it into a Pro 10 car.
All you really need to do is get a set of wheels and tires, get them on the car, and get the car down to close to 5mm of ride height. The max width is 200mm so you may need to space out the rear a little. Then mount a body. and you are done. Don from Associated customer service is already running one, so you can call and talk to him.

If you need more help, you can email me [email protected]. I would be more than happy to help.

Brian Wynn

Team CRC
Old 09-01-2016, 06:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Honestly, the Ford GT looks great! But, I do have a concern about its suitability for my WGT-R cars.

Specifically, per the photo on the Protoform website, there does not appear to be enough body clearance above the front and rear tires for typical upward suspension travel.

Check it out for yourself.

So, please let the group know if you are successful in making this body work on a WGT-R car. I could be wrong (and hope that I am because the Ford GT looks cool); but, the Protoform photo sure appears to indicate otherwise.

Bill
Hi Bill;

Thanks for your concern.

This body was designed specifically for the WGT-R class. You realize this class uses pan-car chassis right? (with minimal suspension travel compared to 4WD sedan)
Slamming a car to the extreme simply makes for a cool "look". Even the big 1:1 auto makers do it at times in TV commercials, car shows and in their brochures.

If the body is too low around the tires or the carpet is bumpy, you simply adjust the body posts accordingly.

Dale - Protoform
Old 09-01-2016, 07:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NomadRacer
It would be extremely helpful if Protoform showed pics of this new body mounted (unpainted) on the CRC WGT-R/T chassis...
NomadRacer:

It's on my do-do list now. I have a CRC car here.
I'm a bit backed up with things right now - but I'll take a few pics on the weekend.
It's probably the rear body posts that you're concerned about.

Dale - Protoform
Old 09-01-2016, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 213 (100%+)

Pm sent
Old 09-01-2016, 07:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daleepp
NomadRacer:

I'm a bit backed up with things right now - but I'll take a few pics on the weekend.

Dale - Protoform
Thanks Dale.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Pro 10 is 235mm typically. Your car is 200mm. All you need is rubber tires, a 200mm body and a 17.5 1S blinky setup.

Good luck!
Old 09-01-2016, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

NomadRacer:

Dale - Protoform
Dale may have seen someone's car and taken a whole pile of measurements......
Old 09-01-2016, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

At least the new CRC car has adjustable positions (in and out) for the rear posts.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_dude
At least the new CRC car has adjustable positions (in and out) for the rear posts.
And I am using them...Yeah!

Would be nice if the front graphite bumper plate had a few options for body post positioning too...Thinking Cadillac ATS.

Bill
Old 09-01-2016, 11:22 AM
Tech Champion

Will,

Russ Bright who operates Ripon Speedway (in California) has already converted his RC10R5.1 WGT car over to WGT-R specs.

E-mail him at [email protected] for info. FYI...I usually do not see him on RCTech.net.

Bill

Last edited by Still Bill; 09-01-2016 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

Default WGT-

All,

Russ Bright of Ripon Speedway (former home of the original Reedy Race) has posted a video of his Associated WGT-R car going around their asphalt track on YouTube.

Search for "WGT-R Ripon" on YouTube to see it.

Looks like his WGT-R car (using premount CRC tires) has very good potential on asphalt!

Have to get down there with mine to play...

Bill
Old 09-01-2016, 11:56 AM
Tech Champion

Hi Bill;

Thanks for your concern.

This body was designed specifically for the WGT-R class. You realize this class uses pan-car chassis right? (with minimal suspension travel compared to 4WD sedan)
Slamming a car to the extreme simply makes for a cool "look". Even the big 1:1 auto makers do it at times in TV commercials, car shows and in their brochures.

If the body is too low around the tires or the carpet is bumpy, you simply adjust the body posts accordingly.

Dale - Protoform
Dale,

Per the very first post on this thread...Rules indicate that "Bodies must be cut on the mold lines". So, "adjust the body posts accordingly" may not result in a desirable look.

Sent you a PM too. And, still holding off on ordering a body...Although, I am a Ford guy!

Thanks.

Bill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.