Like Tree2Likes

HoBao H4E Pro touring car kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 07:21 AM
Tech Regular

Got a link or any pics?
Old 12-27-2013, 01:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

I don't but I know youtube has some races. Its just hobby town Omaha ne . Simple 2×4 with plastic on them.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:55 PM
Tech Regular

That track looks awesome. Mite use that method for marking out my track.

Got some xray t4 shock bladders to go in my shocks, will let everyone know well they work when they arrive
Old 12-28-2013, 11:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up Worked 4 me

Guys, ran the H4E at NorCal again today, last 4 Sats. broke an axle in each Sat's. main. My fault every time. I love these cars, and I'm confident that factory refinements will be made. I'm the guy several posts back, that explained how to boil (moisturize) the plastic susp. parts. And it DOES WORK! But while prepping the car last night for today's race I was studing the way the front end of this car is designed and noticed the position of the steering stop screw locations. I installed the small button head screws BACKWARDS with the head being the point where contact with the C-hub would ocure. Here's where attention to details really comes into play. Bottom of the screw head (the flat part) is approx .020" to .025" from being fully tightened. Next, set steering EPA so as to have approx. .015" gap between the screwhead (the rounded part) and the C-hub. I don't use any type of servo saver, but I do use a TOP Photon servo arm that has been boiled, on my Spectrum LP servo. Today in practice before the track's bite in the sweeper had come up, I hit the outside wall sooo hard that I DESTROYED the left lower A-arm, you know, those (almost indestructable ones), and since the axle didn't turn so far to dislocate the internal ball and socket I actually BOWED the axle. Left the axle in the same condition (goodluck charm) replaced the A-arm and TQ'd and won A1 and A2 with better results than my TQ run. I love these cars!!! Worked for me. Chris S. LETZ RACE!!
Old 12-28-2013, 11:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by casrcr
Guys, ran the H4E at NorCal again today, last 4 Sats. broke an axle in each Sat's. main. My fault every time. I love these cars, and I'm confident that factory refinements will be made. I'm the guy several posts back, that explained how to boil (moisturize) the plastic susp. parts. And it DOES WORK! But while prepping the car last night for today's race I was studing the way the front end of this car is designed and noticed the position of the steering stop screw locations. I installed the small button head screws BACKWARDS with the head being the point where contact with the C-hub would ocure. Here's where attention to details really comes into play. Bottom of the screw head (the flat part) is approx .020" to .025" from being fully tightened. Next, set steering EPA so as to have approx. .015" gap between the screwhead (the rounded part) and the C-hub. I don't use any type of servo saver, but I do use a TOP Photon servo arm that has been boiled, on my Spectrum LP servo. Today in practice before the track's bite in the sweeper had come up, I hit the outside wall sooo hard that I DESTROYED the left lower A-arm, you know, those (almost indestructable ones), and since the axle didn't turn so far to dislocate the internal ball and socket I actually BOWED the axle. Left the axle in the same condition (goodluck charm) replaced the A-arm and TQ'd and won A1 and A2 with better results than my TQ run. I love these cars!!! Worked for me. Chris S. LETZ RACE!!
Would you be able to post your setup please?

Cheers,
Old 12-29-2013, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

I'll be glad to. I'll do a set-down on the car sometime today and post it up. It doesn't vary too much from the kit, but where it does...and how the car and this old man came together...OH YEAH! Chris S. LETZ RACE!!
Old 12-29-2013, 03:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

HoBo car goes 1,2 again in stock sedan in Toledo. No broken parts for either car today.

SOHC ran his HoBo today in USGT and did pretty well also for his first outing with the car.
Old 12-29-2013, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

got to run my car for the first time today. ended up 2nd in usgt. car is amazingly smooth. took me awhile and a broken axle to get used to the car. Broken axle was all me. It took a little more than a "light" hit to break. Didn't even know it was broke until I went to sauce my tires for the second qualifier. lol. Still very happy with the car.
Old 12-29-2013, 03:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by edonsohc
got to run my car for the first time today. ended up 2nd in usgt. car is amazingly smooth. took me awhile and a broken axle to get used to the car. Broken axle was all me. It took a little more than a "light" hit to break. Didn't even know it was broke until I went to sauce my tires for the second qualifier. lol. Still very happy with the car.
Car looked pretty good. I'm confused by all these post about the cars breaking if you look at them wrong. We've got three cars running in Toledo now and none of us find it that fragile. I don't think any of our cars are living a easy life either.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
Play hard nap hard, Jack
Old 12-30-2013, 02:07 AM
Tech Regular

Is it me or does it seem like most h4e shells are green. Haha
Old 12-30-2013, 04:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by scytherat
Is it me or does it seem like most h4e shells are green. Haha
Glow Green has been my sedan body color for years. That was my reason for me getting the green H4 car originally. It turned out to be a great purchase for reasons other than the color.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:30 AM
Tech Regular

I have exactly the same colour shell as you im definatly glad i got my h4e. I love how it drives. The green anodising did swing it for me aswell.lol
Old 12-30-2013, 05:32 AM
Tech Regular

Green
Old 12-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Tech Regular

^^^^^ Whoa! wouldn't wanna land on that baby. It could put an eye out. Lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.